Julien.

Ribeiro

What the hell are you thinking CJ?!

Why did you bring Perreault into this game? Because your centers were smoked late in the third last game in the circle. You were just lucky enough that Theodore made the saves to cover up your stupidity of making the #1 face-off man for the past five years sit.

This time you bring him in, but don't use him for the purpose that you brought him in for.

In the words of the CBC commentator:

"Face-offs in your own zone at this time of the game is Perreault's bread and butter, not Dowd's. In fact, if Perreault was playing the same line as Dowd, Perreault would be taking this face-off."

This is devastating for the Habs. The Bruins don't lose in OT.

Good job, idiot.

Dude, are you asking for a beat down?

Perrault might win a faceoff (again, might), but he sucks in the defensive zone. He would cough up the puck hiding from the Bruins forwards.

No, Julien was keeping him for OT, which he knew was inevitable.

Julien > Perreault

Perrault might win a faceoff (again, might), but he sucks in the defensive zone. He would cough up the puck hiding from the Bruins forwards.  

Are you kidding me!? Even the HNIC comme.ntator agreed. Defense is not the goal, winning the Face-off is! It's POSSESION.

Guy10:

"Why wasnt Yanick on the motherhumpin ice takin the faceoff??????????????????????????????????????"

Fanpuck33:

"I agree Yanic should have been out there, but Dowd is quality on FO, and better defensively."

Fanpuck also said "Anyway, Dowd did his job and won he FO, but Samsonov held down Rivet's stick with his own, so Boston was able to make a play on the puck first."

And if you rely on ESPN boards, you're in trouble. I think you've said yourself that they're possibly the worst on the net, or at least are filled with Boston trolls and stupid Habs posters.

Fanpuck also said "Anyway, Dowd did his job and won he FO, but Samsonov held down Rivet's stick with his own, so Boston was able to make a play on the puck first."  

Wow, you unknowingly insulted multiple members on this board, as the original creaters came from the ESPN board as well as multiple members.

There's a reason they (the creators) came from the ESPN board - it sucks.

It wasn't unknowingly said, i know several people post there, but they're smarter to post here.

Habsworld > ESPN

Dowd may not be as good as Perrault at FO, but he is probably about 2nd best on the team. If he loses, they have a good defensive player on the ice. If he wins, he is still a better guy to have if Boston gets the puck. I would prefer Yanic on the FO, but understand why he wasn't in there.

Dowd may not be as good as Perrault at FO, but he is probably about 2nd best on the team. If he loses, they have a good defensive player on the ice.

A lot of good that did.

The Bruins score - bad decision.

Plain and simple.

Originally posted by Ribeiro
Dowd may not be as good as Perrault at FO, but he is probably about 2nd best on the team. If he loses, they have a good defensive player on the ice.

A lot of good that did.

The Bruins score - bad decision.

Plain and simple.

The result of a decision does not validate or invalidate that decision. A decision must be judged on the merit of the logic which led to it. If I walk to the store to buy a bottle of milk and get hit by a truck on the way, it does not mean that walking to the store was a bad decision. If, on the other hand, I know that I would be crossing a dangerous intersection where trucks like to run red lights it perhaps would be a bad decision to walk.

I am not saying that dowd on the f/o was necisarily a good decision... but your argument lacks merit.

ribeiro. In the end I guess I was making a technical argument, but I felt that in light of our tendancy (I definitely include myself) to second-guess coaching decisions I should point it out.

Ahh, this is like the argument about Therrien 2 years ago. There must be somethin' these coaches are thinkin'...important defensive zone draw, Perreault sits on the bench...draw gets lost, Wallin shoots and scores from the point.

Perreault rarely took important faceoffs in the defensive zone anyway. Just because Glen Healy has a hard-on for Perreault doesn't make him the right choice.

The result of a decision does not validate or invalidate that decision.  

ROFL. It completely validates the decision.

decision must be judged on the merit of the logic which led to it. If I walk to the store to buy a bottle of milk and get hit by a truck on the way

Totally off-topic. You were not prepared for the truck.

Julien was prepared for the Bruins offense and face-off.

People say "bad decision" after the result.

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

Dude, are you asking for a beat down?  

Perrault might win a faceoff (again, might), but he sucks in the defensive zone.  He would cough up the puck hiding from the Bruins forwards.

No, Julien was keeping him for OT, which he knew was inevitable.

Julien > Perreault

Here is the gameplan:

Perreault wins the draw, Rivet puts it up high high high down the ice to kill 10 seconds and by then Perreault is off the ice and we are set up defensively. It is THAT simple, and we would have won.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

Are you kidding me!? Even the HNIC comme.ntator agreed.

Shhhh...NOT a good argument. :lol: