Would you take Yashin?

Makh2o

Yashin for $450K? Sure!! why not? :P

Yashin is already getting paid by the Isles this year, so how much does another team really need to pay him? How bad does he really want to be a habs. :lol:

Acquiring Yashin for any more than the league minimum though would be pointless IMO, it would be smarter and cheaper to play the prospects.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samsonov didn't make Kovalev play better. So how would Yashin?

Well, it's not like they play the same position, are anywhere near the same size or play the same style. Nor would they make similar salaries and it will be a contract year for Yashin if he's signed for one year (and he proved last season he can go a point a game even while making huge money).

Samsonov didn't make Kovalev play better. So how would Yashin?

I hate Yashin. Hate may be a strong word, but if you ask me, he shouldn't even be in this league. He doesn't care at all. He shows no effort when he plays. For God sakes, if Ted Nolan can't motivate you, then who the hell can? He could have a rocket strapped to his back and he'd still be a floater. He's awful.

After yet another bad season, I really feel he should just count his dollars and go back to Russia. He has no reason to keep playing. He will be getting paid big money for the next 4-6 years for doing absolutely nothing. He doesn't want to play, so unless he is that greedy (wouldn't surprise me if he is) and decides to vacuum another team of their money, he really should call it quits.

Again, Ted Nolan, the ultimate in motivational coaches, couldn't get him to actually show a little effort. God knows Carbonneau won't be able to either. Why even suggest it? No Yashin. Please, no.

the circumstances are different!... No one is saying were picking him up for 5 years! its all conditional! yes to Yashin if he plays for cheap and for one year!... Unless your afraid he is going to blow everyone away this year and screw the team over cause he going cruise control once he gets a long term deal...

Ted Nolan might be a hell of a demanding Coach but that doesnt mean he's motivational.. again its all circumstantial.. Blame the Islanders for that 10 year deal which probably helped make him careless.

Still again one year for cheap? wants to play in MTL ... Lets play him and then get rid of him at tradedealine or whatever.. I very much doubt that guy ever gets a multiple year deal ever again.. he will be on a year per year basis unless he scores 50 goals.. its a win win situation IMO

I think there's a lot of criticts to Yashin.

But if he's that bad how did he got that 10-year contract in the first place? Why has he worn a C on his chest? By beeing a lazy cancer?

A lof of people and teammates have said that he is an excellent guy and great in the dressing room. The reason so many people hate him is because of that contract thats it thats all.

I would take him if he came really really cheap... then all we would have to do is find a good forward to play with koivu and retool our D.

Hartnell?-Koivu-Ryder

Latendresse-Yashin(Id prefer Nylander)-Kovalev

Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Begin-Lapierre-Chipchura

Markov-Komisarek

Schnieder?-Hannan?

Streit-Emelin

Huet/Halak

:hlogo:

If Yashin really came that cheap (I basically mean for the bare minimum), then he might be an ok pickup (still a stretch though). But the rumors suggest he still wants anything up to 2.5 million. If he asks for that, then forget it. There are far better options.

Id take a shot at yashin for one year with a TO on his contract that to stay he needs to prove him self, i can see him playing with us he did have a good year last year and might awaken Kovalev a little with some real talent and good chemestry. People can say what they want but sammy and kovy never really had good chemestry one was a speedy guy who did it by him self and couldnt pass so well while the other was a slow one who passes.

So IMO Yashin for 2 mil can do wonders and can't its a win lose situation. Second line center i think he can have a good season with us, but Carbonneau has to eas up on his players he gets really confused and treats things in ways they shouldnt be.

so well wait and see what happens with him i hope gainey takes a chance on him, it could be a chance that will change things over a sure thing as Sammy saposadly was a sure thing.