Keenan Returns!

to me thats the biggest joke of the summer.

I don't think that they'll be a better team with keanan.

Yeah, I didn't talk to a single Flames fan today that was happy with this move.

Way to go Darryl.

Im not happy, or mad. I honestly wanna see how this plays out.. it could be a Great move or a Terrible move.. but I know for sure sutter wouldnt trade anyone because Keenan wants him too. We all know Sutter is and always will be calling the shots. Its pretty clear to me that the flames are going after this good cop/bad cop thing since they kept playfair around as an associate coach. Last season the team really seemed to tune out playfair as he is a very monotone coach, I think they COULD be just what the doctor ordered. I think the reason people are so worried is that there are so many players that need to be resigned this season and they believe that keenan will attempt to remold the team but I dont see him convicing darryl to do anything he wasnt planning or willing to take a chance on. As for Silly.. I dont think hes going to be traded despite the fact keenan is coming to town. I see them having an unspoken hatred but if they put the team first there shouldnt be a problem. Even if silly gets traded hes not a gamebreaker anyways and probably never will be and if we get the right package in return it could prove beneficial to the team. If this keenan thing doesnt work out sutter will can him and we go back to monotone playfair.. its kind of a win win situation in the way that if this doesnt workout we still come back in 08-09 with a chance to make the playoffs even if its with a different core.

Notes of Interest:

- The flames have made the playoffs 3 seasons in arrow, and have had a different coach each season

- Jim Playfair's Head coaching record is actually like 20 games above 500.

- Mike Keenan has had 1 record above 500. in the last 7 seasons

This isnt bringing in a monster like Brian Sutter or Brent Sutter.. this is a whole new monster.. Iron Mike.

Im not happy, or mad. I honestly wanna see how this plays out.. it could be a Great move or a Terrible move.. but I know for sure sutter wouldnt trade anyone because Keenan wants him too. We all know Sutter is and always will be calling the shots. Its pretty clear to me that the flames are going after this good cop/bad cop thing since they kept playfair around as an associate coach. Last season the team really seemed to tune out playfair as he is a very monotone coach, I think they COULD be just what the doctor ordered. I think the reason people are so worried is that there are so many players that need to be resigned this season and they believe that keenan will attempt to remold the team but I dont see him convicing darryl to do anything he wasnt planning or willing to take a chance on. As for Silly.. I dont think hes going to be traded despite the fact keenan is coming to town. I see them having an unspoken hatred but if they put the team first there shouldnt be a problem. Even if silly gets traded hes not a gamebreaker anyways and probably never will be and if we get the right package in return it could prove beneficial to the team. If this keenan thing doesnt work out sutter will can him and we go back to monotone playfair.. its kind of a win win situation in the way that if this doesnt workout we still come back in 08-09 with a chance to make the playoffs even if its with a different core.

Notes of Interest:

- The flames have made the playoffs 3 seasons in arrow, and have had a different coach each season

- Jim Playfair's Head coaching record is actually like 20 games above 500.

- Mike Keenan has had 1 record above 500. in the last 7 seasons

This isnt bringing in a monster like Brian Sutter or Brent Sutter.. this is a whole new monster.. Iron Mike.

*hands leash and sedation meds*

your going to need those with keenan. Your right if he's muzzled he'll work great. But this is Keenan we are talking about. He never reforms

Well, if you're a Flames fan you must be hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

Keenan will really not be a good thing for the young guys on Calgary like Dion Phaneuf. Erm, and as for Huselius, Tanguay, etc, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to convince Sutter to trade them.

I disagree. Keenan is gonna love having Phaneuf on his blueline. He plays Keenan's style to a tee; physical, responsible, smart, and he's got offense to boot. He's got right now what it took him years to mold Chris Pronger into. He's going to build the team around Phanuef and Iginla. The guys I think are gonna be in trouble are Kiprusoff, Tanguay, Regehr. My money is on Tanguay being the first on Keenan's shyt list.

The guys I think are gonna be in trouble are Kiprusoff, Tanguay, Regehr. My money is on Tanguay being the first on Keenan's shyt list.

Me thinks you are going to right when this happens in the 07/08 season.

I am wondering how those guys are going to like Mr. Personality.

Tangs is gonna run and hide, he was the first one I thought of when I saw this. He's the polar opposite of what Keenan wants in a player, he's such a softy. He couldn't play for Quenneville let alone Keenan.

Well, I'd figure it to be a toss up between Huselius and Tanguay for who gets run outta town first. Both are extremely soft players.

Although you're right in saying that Phaneuf has parallels to Pronger, Keenan isn't afraid to throw his players under the bus so to speak publicly, I don't know if he ever did that to Pronger when he was around in StL, but I figure that if Phaneuf has an off game or two, Keenan would do that to him, and doing that to a real young star isn't the best motivational tactic.