Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread | Game 5

Fanpuck33_

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Habs need to be careful in the final 5 minutes of the game, the Bruins are a dirty, cheap team... And with the score out of reach, they're going to try and take some of our guys out...

CJ better play his lower-line guys now.

a play like that from kovy without the helmet is a nice way of serving notice that he isn't letting the horns from last game get to him. He looks better each game and I am really liking him with the team for a while to come.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33
Originally posted by ricucity

And it is nice to see the refs HELPING us now. :lol:

Did I miss a non-call that helped us or something?

On the Zed goal, a linesman kept Thornton from getting the puck out of his end. But Thornton really just gave up as well.

Great win Habs!

Got the PP going, Theodore had a confidence building game... And we proved that Raycroft isnt superman...

Plus we got out of the game without any injuries, except Ward's... I hope Begin returns next game, now its very important.

Great win by Habs! Great effort by all players! That was a total domination. Thornton is playing really bad.. good for us. Now, let's just keep the great job going and win the next 2!

Good job Theo!!

Great effort all around by the Habs. Hopefully this will soften the blow to Kovalev if we do happen to lose the series. I want him back for next season the way he looks with Koivu seems like he could score 40 goals and average atleast a point per game. As for Koivu he's now leading the league in points in the playofs with 6 tied with i believe 3 others so I think we could have a dynamic 1st line and Gainey has to make him an offer. I just hope the fans show Kovalev some support in game 6. Winning 3 in a row against boston is no easy task especially considering 2 are on the road. Well 1 of thsoe is down so it's only 2 more in a row but it's going to be tough as hell boston is going to come out strong next game. Win or Lose bring kovalev back need that star foward.

were still in!! yyyyyya!!!!!!!!!!! next game is heavy pressure.........its another big game. If we win, its GAME 7!!!!! we have to complete this come back!!!!!!!

P.S - I hope we re-sign kovalev next season. I really think this whole "rent a player" junk is going down the drain.

A Jeff O'neill would look great on this squad....but who am i kidding, its the playoffs and i shouldnt be talking about next season, we got a series to win!!!!!

Originally posted by habsfan88

were still in!! yyyyyya!!!!!!!!!!! next game is heavy pressure.........its another big game.  If we win, its GAME 7!!!!! we have to complete this come back!!!!!!!

I only hope we put half as many pucks past Raycroft as you put exclamation marks in your post, then we will be set!!!!!!

Go Habs Go:ghg:Go Habs Go:ghg:Go Habs:ghg:Go Habs Go

One down, two more to go! We CAN do it!

Theodore had his first good game in the series aswell.

2 times in the playoffs i have gone over to a family member's house to watch the game on his big screen TV, both times we won. I think you know where I'll be Saturday night!

:ghg:

Habs need to be careful in the final 5 minutes of the game, the Bruins are a dirty, cheap team... And with the score out of reach, they're going to try and take some of our guys out...  

Langdon was out on the ice.

Thornton vs. Bertuzzi - who would win?  

Don't even make that sick comparison.

What Bertuzzi did was disgraceful. Far beyond comparison.

Gotta love the way we played. A few times we slacked, but for the most part, we hustled and played physically. We played with heart and emotion. Theo held his concentration and was great. If we play like this, nobody can stop us!

Its about time we got the bounces goin our way!!...

We should have this series wrapped up right now!....

Finally Komi got to show what he can do!...He flattened a few guys!....

Hopefully now the boys dont blow it on home ice!..

:ghg::ghg:

I loved the intensity, but we can't let them get 42 shots again. Had we not scored 5 goals, it ould have been more apparent, but we overlooked it with all the goals. Theo truly was himself tonight, he won it for us. (The fact our PP worked for once helped too.)