Oilers make an offer to Vanek

MAK

Buffalo will be fine. They still have Afinogenov, Roy, Connolly, Vanek, Pominville, Kotalik, Hecht, Stafford etc with some promising guys like Zagrapan and MacArthur waiting in the wings. It sucks that they lost some great players but, some of those guys will improve on becoming NHL calibre threats(Vanek and Staffy for example) and the injection of some young skiled talent should keep the Sabres competitive. They'll get through this. ^_^

As for Lowe, limited options for the Oil right now but he'll do something. Very soon is my bet.

Buffalo is still a team that will be exciting to watch. Now is when the Sabre management should excel to keep the team competitive. Oilers though, (Shakes his head) are just going to have to rebuild again. Sad but habs fans feel the pain of the past frustrating years.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just applauding the notion of nabbing a superstar next offseason. Wishful thinking, but it's fun.

Ya, until it happens to the Habs.

I hope he offeres 5 million to Ryder.

Hahaha, now thats wishful thinking. Highly doubt anybody would take that gamble on Ryder though, especially at that penalty of the many 1st rnd picks.

That is just dirty pool. Lowe should do what every body else does, tey to sign or trade players. The Oilers are 2 years removed from the cup and it comes to this, he kind of has himself to blame.

As for Buffalo, they'll be fine. They work hard and still have alot of players.

It's Lowes fault that the temperature in Edmonton is -30? :wacko:

Buff is only a shell of the team that made it to the 3rd round the last 2 years. Yes, they will still be very good, but I dont expect them to get past the 2nd round next year. They have simply lost too many special puzzle pieces that they had. Everybody seems to focus on Buff only losing Briere and Drury, but they also lost other key players, most importantly Biron. Well, technically they gave him away, but I really believe Biron > Miller. Ditching a great backup goalie is never really a smart move, its only a matter of time before it comes back to haunt you.

Do you realize that between Chris Drury, Daniel Briere, Dainius Zubrus, and Thomas Vanek, the Sabres have had over $157 million thrown at their players in the last six days. :huh:

Do you realize that between Chris Drury, Daniel Briere, Dainius Zubrus, and Thomas Vanek, the Sabres have had over $157 million thrown at their players in the last six days. :huh:

Ah, I see we've been reading the same TSN articles.