The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

Any other Glee watchers here? I don't care what anyone else says. It's an enjoyable show to watch and a lot (but not all) of the songs are done very well.

I am also looking forward to season 2 of "Walking Dead" and "Terra Nova" and I might check out "The River"

Also hmmm HWL left May 5, 2010 and the TV thread didn't have a post from June 8th 2010 until we came back yesterday.

Also hmmm HWL left May 5, 2010 and the TV thread didn't have a post from June 8th 2010 until we came back yesterday.

I could've talked to myself in here just to keep the post count up but there was no need...I was doing that in the CFL thread instead. "Person of Interest" and "Prime Suspect" are the new ones that intrigue me while I'll probably watch the new Tim Allen series "Last Man Standing" when it premiers next month.

Yay, real TV season starts up this week.

I actually barely even miss network TV in the summers anymore with how much good programming is on cable over the summer these days. Falling Skies on Sundays. Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Rizzoli & Isles on Mondays. White Collar and Covert Affairs on Tuesdays. Royal Pains and Necessary Roughness on Wednesdays. Burn Notice and Futurama on Thursdays. Then throw in some decent network programming like America's Got Talent and the Canadian import Rookie Blue, and the summer schedule is pretty solid.

I, too, am interested in Person of Interest, if only because of the pedigree of the creators and lead actors. I think the only two other shows that look interesting to me are Terra Nova and the mideseason addition, Alcatraz.

I actually barely even miss network TV in the summers anymore with how much good programming is on cable over the summer these days. Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Rizzoli & Isles on Mondays. White Collar and Covert Affairs on Tuesdays. Royal Pains and Necessary Roughness on Wednesdays. Burn Notice and Futurama on Thursdays. Then throw in some decent network programming like America's Got Talent and the Canadian import Rookie Blue, and the summer schedule is pretty solid.

As we don't get a whole lot of those up here, the summer schedule is somewhat lacking...unless you're like me and enjoy watching baseball nightly. Fortunately some of the cable shows are being picked up by secondary channels in Canada, the problem is, we're getting the season premiers of each around this time (Covert Affairs just showed their second episode last week, third goes tonight).

Someone has to tell me how Person of Interest is. Thursdays is basically NBC night so I won't watch it unless it's really good. Granted, I download all my shows so I could probably find time for it somewhere anyway. But I am interested as well solely because of Michael Emerson.

Actually all my interest in new shows can be traced because I only like one actor/creator involved. If it was based on the premise, I'd be watching a lot less new shows. The New Girl for example looks really boring. But I'll watch because I love Zooey. Same reason I put myself through the torture of The Cape because of Summer Glau.

My main excitement for the TV season is the addition of John Goodman to Community. Gonna be awesome.

Oh oh and it was announced Fox is going to do a Spectre adaptation. Hopefully it's not too campy because The Spectre is awesome. It's like if The Punisher had supernatural powers.

Someone has to tell me how Person of Interest is. Thursdays is basically NBC night so I won't watch it unless it's really good. Granted, I download all my shows so I could probably find time for it somewhere anyway. But I am interested as well solely because of Michael Emerson.

Actually all my interest in new shows can be traced because I only like one actor/creator involved. If it was based on the premise, I'd be watching a lot less new shows. The New Girl for example looks really boring. But I'll watch because I love Zooey. Same reason I put myself through the torture of The Cape because of Summer Glau.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one! Looking forward to Person of Interest, as well as the return of Dexter, Walking Dead, Parks and Recreation and the Office.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one! Looking forward to Person of Interest, as well as the return of Dexter, Walking Dead, Parks and Recreation and the Office.

Another Parks & Rec fan, hooray! It's only my 4th or 5th favourite show but I thought it had, by far, the most consistent season last year. Every episode was absolutely top notch, laugh out loud funny. Rob Lowe playing the air banjo, the whole cast acting drunk, Nick Offerman getting half his face blown off in the finale. So many hilarious moments.

Parks & Rec is my fav right now.

John Goodman is on Community now? Wow, big coup. I have been an inconsistent watcher, but I plan on picking that one up a bit more. So he's doing two shows now (HBO's Treme being the other)?

The Canadian cable networks really need to shape up... not a lot of quality on them.

I do wonder when I'm going to finally pull the plug on How I Met Your Mother. Show is just dragging on and on and has lost a lot of the creative flair of the first three seasons. They've been spinning their tires for a while. Last night's two episodes didn't provide much hope.

Another Parks & Rec fan, hooray! It's only my 4th or 5th favourite show but I thought it had, by far, the most consistent season last year. Every episode was absolutely top notch, laugh out loud funny. Rob Lowe playing the air banjo, the whole cast acting drunk, Nick Offerman getting half his face blown off in the finale. So many hilarious moments.

Yeh, it's great! I'm actually pretty new to the show; I watched the series premiere when it first aired, and I felt like it was just an Office ripoff so I gave up on it. I gave it another shot this summer, loved it and got caught up in a matter of weeks.

Yeh, it's great! I'm actually pretty new to the show; I watched the series premiere when it first aired, and I felt like it was just an Office ripoff so I gave up on it. I gave it another shot this summer, loved it and got caught up in a matter of weeks.

Oh, I was in the same boat, it was trying to be an Office rip-off. But The Office itself had a really bad first season (it itself did nothing but rip-off the BBC series the first season) so thats why I gave Parks & Rec one more shot when the second season premièred. Really glad I did because it improved 100 times from there.

Any opinions on Terra Nova? It's not fully what I was expecting, but it was still enjoyable. I just hope it lasts long enough for a lot of my questions to get answered.

That show I caught last night with this almost old man is the leader of a "new civilisation" and got shot at (but the shooter misses) ?

That show I caught last night with this almost old man is the leader of a "new civilisation" and got shot at (but the shooter misses) ?

If the old man you saw is the villain from Avatar (Stephen Lang) then yeah.

I'm about to watch it in a couple minutes before I go to bed, I heard it wasn't very good though.

If the old man you saw is the villain from Avatar (Stephen Lang) then yeah.

I'm about to watch it in a couple minutes before I go to bed, I heard it wasn't very good though.

Didn't see Avatar yet.

People like that still exist?

I thought it was only ok. It has potential so I'll keep watching. They need to dial it back on those teenagers though.

Agreed 100%. I understand it's a family drama type show but it just didn't work. The other thing I didn't like is not using real dino names. Slashers, Howlers what the hell are those.

I really hope they go a flashback episode of Taylors character in the woods alone for 110 days (or whatever number he said). I think that would be awesome.

Oh god, those dumb slang names. I guess Slashers are fictional dinos made for the show (they're called Acceraptors apparently, I never heard that during the show though). Who knows on Howlers, my guess is something like a Pteranodon or Pteradactyl. Something that flies. They did call the Brachiosaurus by its regular name though.

If they focus on the dad and Taylor mainly, the show will hold my attention more. I don't care about the kids (except Skye, I want to know what was up with her and Taylor). It'd also be nice if we couldn't tell the actors are standing in front of a green screen sometimes. Some of those backgrounds were cheesy.

Walking Dead is releasing 6 short webisodes next week to give some back story to Rick and the legless Zombie from the pilot episode. I think they are being released on the 3rd of October on the AMC website. I just hope they allow people from Canada to watch it online.

Walking Dead is releasing 6 short webisodes next week to give some back story to Rick and the legless Zombie from the pilot episode. I think they are being released on the 3rd of October on the AMC website. I just hope they allow people from Canada to watch it online.

If they don't, I'm sure they'll wind up on torrent sites or something. Seems like every web series is getting ripped these days.

Nope. The actress who played Chloe in 24 is in it and she is not the least bit funny. I've seen her stand-up "comedy" before. Lame, lame, lame.

Haha, she's a comedian? That's hilarious.

One new show I really liked was Suburgatory. Didn't hear about it until the morning it aired and it was getting positive reviews so I checked it out. Really liked it. I really like New Girl too, the second episode was hilarious. First new show to get an order for a full season too.

Only two new shows for me thus far, Terra Nova and Person of Interest. Terra Nova was definitely promising, hopefully it can follow in Fringe's footsteps and actually be a sci-fi show that can last on FOX. I really like Person of Interest. The fact that you don't know whether the weekly person of interest is a good guy or a bad guy is pretty cool.

Oh, I guess I also tried Unforgettable,simply because I wanted to save Body of Proof till the next day. It's so-so.