Habs sign a bunch to new deals.

Habitforming

Can some one translate for the rest as well?

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/232986.html

habs have signed Gorges, Coté, Andrew Archer, Danis, Milroy, and Locke to new contracts. Terms undisclosed.

Rest of the article goes on to give background we all know on each player. Highlights:

-Gorges played only 7 games with Mtl after playing 47 with the Sharks last season. Won a memorial cup with Kelowna in 2004

-Cote's played the last 4 seasons with Hamilton. only played 6 playoff games last season with the bulldogs

-In 19 playoff games last year, archer had 3 assists, 21 PM, and a plus 3

-Danis had a .905 save % and 2.81 GAA in 44 games last season, only one game in the playoffs.

-Milroy: 13 points in 22 playoff games last year

-Locke, 22 points inthe playoffs.

Maybe that statement in itself is the reason why he didn't sign :lol:

heheh. Maybe, but unless your name is chipper, grabovski, price, halak, Valentenko, or one of the Kostitsyn brothers, I don't pay that much attention to the farm...

This brings us to 44 players with NHL contracts for next season. We're allowed by the CBA to have 50 with NHL clauses in their contracts (so guys like Desjardins, Beauregard, Baines, Manlow & Gleed don't count to that number). Ryder & Ferland are left as RFA's, so that leaves 4 spots for either those guys I just mentioned, unsigned draft picks, UFA's, or additional players through trades.

English version from Tsn:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213814&hubname=

Was Yann Danis A UFA? I like him, but don't understand why he'd resign with them. He's fallen pretty loe on their depth chart. It seems to me he'd have a better chance at the NHL somewhere else.

Is Ryder the only major RFA left to be signed?

Edited by yorickbrown

There's no point to use up all the 50 contract limit if you don't need them. You never know if a trade or if a prospect will earn himself a spot at camp. It's always good to have a little wiggle room even there.

This brings us to 44 players with NHL contracts for next season. We're allowed by the CBA to have 50 with NHL clauses in their contracts (so guys like Desjardins, Beauregard, Baines, Manlow & Gleed don't count to that number). Ryder & Ferland are left as RFA's, so that leaves 4 spots for either those guys I just mentioned, unsigned draft picks, UFA's, or additional players through trades.

If we have four open spots then why'd we let Mikus go?

I think it was because the Habs had to sign him before June 1st and prior to that date, they used up all their 50 contracts.

Either way, if they wanted him back, they would have drafted him again.

English version from Tsn:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213814&hubname=

Was Yann Danis A UFA? I like him, but don't understand why he'd resign with them. He's fallen pretty loe on their depth chart. It seems to me he'd have a better chance at the NHL somewhere else.

Is Ryder the only major RFA left to be signed?

Danis was an RFA he is trade bait for sure.

Did not fit to many similar players.

Another point would be that we'd be committing to Mikus for 3 years as one of our 50 contracts. I guess the organization felt it wasn't a sound investment.

Timmins did indeed emphasize that the Habs were only going to fork contracts out to players whom they believe have NHL potential due to the 50 contract limit.

I guess they didn't see NHL potential in Mikus and a bunch of other guys (Heino and so on).

Habit forming, I noticed you asked for a translation...just a heads up..if you wanted a rough translation....www.google.com has an option call language tool which can translate webpages (and in work settings, can get around firewalls).

I suspect something is wrong with the guy and the NHL knows it. This is why I believe he was passed over in the draft by all teams in 2007.

Vis-à-vis; not so much a "prospect" versus too much of a "project". He did tie the goal lead with Cherepanov at the 2006 World Championships but obviously it wasn't enough nor his talent level enough for teams to try him out or take the risk, even at pick 200.

This is a theory only

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

About time.

I wonder what the hold up was?

Old news but why not give it a thread of its own

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=6031

The article mentions that Ferland was the assistant captain for the bulldogs last year... then who pray tell me was the captain of the bulldogs last year.?

The article mentions that Ferland was the assistant captain for the bulldogs last year... then who pray tell me was the captain of the bulldogs last year.?

I think they went with three alternates, alternating some guys. I've found pics from last season with Manlow, Baines, Jancevski, and Ferland all wearing the A. Also found pics where each one wasn't wearing an A. I couldn't find any pics of anyone with a C, except for a wallpaper, but I think it was old because nobody has a number that is simply 6 or begins with 6.

No captain on the bulldogs...the three vets co-captained and all three accepted the Calder Cup together.

No captain on the bulldogs...the three vets co-captained and all three accepted the Calder Cup together.

thanks cfposi and fanpuck33. that makes sense now. I was trying like mad to find out who was named captain. it makes for good bulldogs trivia. Which AHL team won the cup with no single named team captain? Has that happened before I wonder?

Edited by Chips