New Habs jersey numbers

KoZed

Judging from that interview posted a while back, one thing that Harmlik does NOT lack is confidence. I got the distinct impression that he thinks of himself as an elite NHL d-man. It'll be interesting to see if he was maybe overshadowed a bit in Calgary by all the (justifiable) hooplah over Phaneuf...who knows, we may be pleasantly surprised by his effectiveness.

Indeed, where did you hear the Lahti info?

On a side note, in the article it says that Gainey decided that the Habs won't participate at the rookie tournament this year. Instead, he'll use the days as another perfectioning camp except that this time, even the Habs coaching staff will take part of it.

Interesting move by Bob.

where'd you see that? the habs website?

He said it in an article I saw somewhere shortly after his signing.

It might not be true in all fairness. Lahti and the interviewer were talking bout the jersey numbers with the habs (or lack thereof) and he said 98. I have no idea if he was making a joke out of it or if he wants to wear it..

He said it in an article I saw somewhere shortly after his signing.

It might not be true in all fairness. Lahti and the interviewer were talking bout the jersey numbers with the habs (or lack thereof) and he said 98. I have no idea if he was making a joke out of it or if he wants to wear it..

WOW.... :wacko:, thats strange. I liked the number 84. It seemed like a lahti number but 98 is abit random. wonder why he chose 98, and please have no correlation with Wayne Gretzky..... nothing against wayne but i hate when people use numbers like 99 in minor league and stuff, because of wayne and they think they're the next Great one. but thats just my opinion.

WOW.... :wacko:, thats strange. I liked the number 84. It seemed like a lahti number but 98 is abit random. wonder why he chose 98, and please have no correlation with Wayne Gretzky..... nothing against wayne but i hate when people use numbers like 99 in minor league and stuff, because of wayne and they think they're the next Great one. but thats just my opinion.

Hmm... you realize he's talking about Janne Lahti and not about Latendresse right? Because Gui wears 84 already. 98 for Lahti is surprising though, I was expecting something low, like 17.

Judging from that interview posted a while back, one thing that Harmlik does NOT lack is confidence. I got the distinct impression that he thinks of himself as an elite NHL d-man. It'll be interesting to see if he was maybe overshadowed a bit in Calgary by all the (justifiable) hooplah over Phaneuf...who knows, we may be pleasantly surprised by his effectiveness.

From what I understand Hammer was a mentor to Phaneuf. Fans in Calgary are wondering how Phaneuf will perform with the only defense partner he's ever had in the NHL...gone. Glad we have him.

Hmm... you realize he's talking about Janne Lahti and not about Latendresse right? Because Gui wears 84 already. 98 for Lahti is surprising though, I was expecting something low, like 17.

Oh...shit. I havent been here in awhile and i thought that it was a name that you had developed for latendresse. :rolleyes:. Sorry

Funny to see Valentenko with Perezhogin's number :P

From what I understand Hammer was a mentor to Phaneuf. Fans in Calgary are wondering how Phaneuf will perform with the only defense partner he's ever had in the NHL...gone. Glad we have him.

Hammer was Calgary's #1 D. He played more minutes than Phaneuf and others, and was on the ice for critical situations. I think we'll have pleasant surprises discovering him this winter :)

Funny to see Valentenko with Perezhogin's number :P

Hammer was Calgary's #1 D. He played more minutes than Phaneuf and others, and was on the ice for critical situations. I think we'll have pleasant surprises discovering him this winter :)

I'm also very excited about seeing him over the year. And I like his confidence without being over egotistic (in answering a question about how Phaneuf benefited from playing with him, he said "I also benefited from playing with Phaneuf")

Hamrlik was not Calgary's #1 D. He was just one of the only D that played in every situation. Hamrlik was not their go-to PP guy, or their go-to shutdown guy. If he's not one of those, he's not their #1 D. Phaneuf was their go-to PP guy, and Regehr was their go-to shutdown guy. Hamrlik played a complementary role in all situations, so much so that he played a lot of minutes.

He's good, but he was not their #1 D. That'd be like saying Beauchemin was Anaheim's top D. Hamrlik is a jack of all trades, and at this point in his career, master of none. But just because he's not a master of a certain aspect of the game doesn't mean he still can't contribute at a high level.

BTW, no one caught Ryan Russell's number, huh? I just have a roster list that I'm trying to maintain and want all the players that are under contract's numbers. He's at the top of that picture, but you can only see his name.