The Canadiens Coaching Staff Thread

Athlétique.Canadien

Don't get me wrong. Carbonneau is my all time favorite Canadien. But make no mistake, it's possible that Carbo might have been a washed up bum if it was not for BOb. Gainey took him aside and took him under his wing. He also leaned hard on Carbo. When Guy came in, apparently he had a "ordained" attitude. Gainey recognized that immediately. He'd tell him in the room that he wasn't getting it done. Had Gainey not been there, maybe Guy might have gotten too complacent and fallen out of the NHL.

Gainey traded for Guy and he gave him yet another cup.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Carbonneau really learned from last year ??

He is predictable, has a bad attitude with the referees, his comments on players are

somewhat meaningless. He does not get players to produce, Latendresse is one exemple

of that. We have no size on this team but the guys that have some are not sent in a mission to hit.

If Carbo was clearly saying to LAtendresse i want you to hit Mccabe, disturb goalies bu

putting your frame in gront of the goalie he would do it.

If he doesn't do it it's because the coach is telling him to play another way.

Relying so much on Bouillon an dBrisebois when we pay 9 million+ for Hammer and Markov is a joke.

Did Carbonneau really learned from last year ??

He is predictable, has a bad attitude with the referees, his comments on players are

somewhat meaningless. He does not get players to produce, Latendresse is one exemple

of that. We have no size on this team but the guys that have some are not sent in a mission to hit.

If Carbo was clearly saying to LAtendresse i want you to hit Mccabe, disturb goalies bu

putting your frame in gront of the goalie he would do it.

If he doesn't do it it's because the coach is telling him to play another way.

Relying so much on Bouillon an dBrisebois when we pay 9 million+ for Hammer and Markov is a joke.

I understand that we're all upset by last night's loss. But that loss wouldn't grate nearly so much if it weren't happening in the shadow of last season's meltdown. Let's keep some perspective here. The sky isn't falling because we lost in a close game in overtime. In fact, it's too early to arrive at any definitive conclusions about this year's team, or its coaches. Sheesh.

Whoa, let's all take a deep breath. We opened this year with 3 games to start on the road. Seems to me we have 3 of a possible 6 points already (.5) and can possibly get 5 of 6. When you're on the road you gotta like that! If the Habs could get 41 road points this year, well, where do sign up?

Whoa, let's all take a deep breath. We opened this year with 3 games to start on the road. Seems to me we have 3 of a possible 6 points already (.5) and can possibly get 5 of 6. When you're on the road you gotta like that! If the Habs could get 41 road points this year, well, where do sign up?

You are correct if the Habs had 41 points on the road last year they would have had 6 more points and finished 6th.

But a team should never be happy giving up a 3-1 lead late in the 2nd period.

You are correct if the Habs had 41 points on the road last year they would have had 6 more points and finished 6th.

But a team should never be happy giving up a 3-1 lead late in the 2nd period.

No I wasn't happy. The 2nd leef goal was the killer. I could smell the tying marker at that point. :angry: but when the buzzer sounded for OT I was "satisfied". I hate those blue and white losses.

I will not cut slack Carbonneau, he has to be the master. Right now the team is ok because Bob told him

to keep Chip and Price.

Thta whatwill save us.

Next move play Gorges with Streit and sit Bouillon.

Why would Streit would compensate on his wrong side for the oppurnutinty to see amazing Bouillon

first pass and rush to the net??

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I will not cut slack Carbonneau, he has to be the master. Right now the team is ok because Bob told him

to keep Chip and Price.

Thta whatwill save us.

Next move play Gorges with Streit and sit Bouillon.

Why would Streit would compensate on his wrong side for the oppurnutinty to see amazing Bouillon

first pass and rush to the net??

Any slack yet :rolleyes:

What exactly was Ryan Walter hired for?

:wacko:

Oh right

:puke:

Hats off to Ryan is all I have to say, what inspired hockey he has them playing! :clap: