HABSWORLD XMAS MEET 'N' GREET

TheAussiePosse

Enter for a chance to win $10,000  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cage do you want to be locked in?

• Cage 1
    • Cage 2
    • Cage 3
  2. 2. What date do you want to be locked in the Cage?

• December 8 (Carolina @ Montreal)
    • December 11 (Tampa Bay @ Montreal)

To any and all who habit the Habsworld,

After close to seven years inhabiting this board (or its precursor), the resident Aussie is coming to America. Or North America. And specifically, Montreal.

To celebrate this event, the first official informal Habsworld Xmas Meet 'n' Greet has been planned -by nobody- for a time -not yet confirmed- at a place -yet to be determined- to watch a Habs game and celebrate the Interwebz.

Should you find yourself bored or interested on the 8th of December, feel free to come down to what will eventually be narrowed down to one of the following places:

1 - La Cage Au Sports @ 1437 BOULEVARD RENÉ-LÉVESQUE OUEST, MONTRÉAL, QC H3G 1T7, Canada

2 - La Cage Au Sports @ 395 RUE LE MOYNE, MONTRÉAL, QC H2Y 1Y5, Canada

3 - La Cage Au Sports @ 1244 AVENUE BEAUMONT, MONT-ROYAL, QC H3P 3E5, Canada

at the following times:

1 - CAR @ MTL at 7 pm, December 8

2 - TB @ MTL at 7:30 pm, December 11

As this is unofficial, unconfirmed and unsponsored, we're giving you a chance to win $10,000 in old newspaper clippings. All you need to do is state your preference of which Cage you like, and why. Votes will be tallied at the beginning of December.

Waiver: If nobody comes, I don't care, I never wanted to see any of you anyway. Fine. Whatever. However, please consider coming to see other HW posters as we humanize and demystify the legendary posters of yore and celebrate a Habs blowout (of the opposition, not vice versa) in a family-friendly (is it?) environment.

Go Habs Go!

I don't think i could attend any of these games, but anyway, i would not understand a single word coming from an Aussie's english accent :P

once you're drunk its ok. I had a aussie roommate once. great guy !!

Man, I speak Mandarin when i'm drunk, you should see that...

lol I'd have to beleive you because I dont understand a word in mandarin!!

Alright guys, it seems we're settled on a venue (Cage 1 - 1437 BOULEVARD RENÉ-LÉVESQUE OUEST, MONTRÉAL, QC H3G 1T7, Canada) but the games are pretty tight. I'm going to go ahead and make the 11th our default game, because I'll be getting in to Montreal at about 6:30pm on the 8th with my huge backpack, and don't think it would be welcome in a bar. However, since I'll be settled in by the 11th, that game will be the Unofficial Totally Legitimate Legal HabsWorld Meet 'n' Greet.

As the game begins at 7:30, I recommend all interested parties get there at 6:30pm, and we'll designate a table or lounge or area or something (I've never been to a Cage, so I have no idea what they're like).

Now, for the secret HW membership identifier. Do we dye our heads read and blue and white? Do we wear an eye-patch over our left eye? Do we introduce ourselves to everyone by saying, "the elephant in the trenchcoat picks flowers at noon", to which they receive the confirmation reply, "but does he enjoy pina coladas at sunset"? Or do we just draw the HW logo on our hand and hope someone notices it...? Ideas, anyone?

Edited by TheAussiePosse

Alright guys, it seems we're settled on a venue (Cage 1 - 1437 BOULEVARD RENÉ-LÉVESQUE OUEST, MONTRÉAL, QC H3G 1T7, Canada) but the games are pretty tight. I'm going to go ahead and make the 11th our default game, because I'll be getting in to Montreal at about 6:30pm on the 8th with my huge backpack, and don't think it would be welcome in a bar. However, since I'll be settled in by the 11th, that game will be the Unofficial Totally Legitimate Legal HabsWorld Meet 'n' Greet.

As the game begins at 7:30, I recommend all interested parties get there at 6:30pm, and we'll designate a table or lounge or area or something (I've never been to a Cage, so I have no idea what they're like).

Now, for the secret HW membership identifier. Do we dye our heads read and blue and white? Do we wear an eye-patch over our left eye? Do we introduce ourselves to everyone by saying, "the elephant in the trenchcoat picks flowers at noon", to which they receive the confirmation reply, "but does he enjoy pina coladas at sunset"? Or do we just draw the HW logo on our hand and hope someone notices it...? Ideas, anyone?

It's actually 10 to 12 in favour of the 11th, since i voted for the 8th by mistake.

I agree with the 11th!

The Cage gets pretty full on game nights, i would recommend calling in advance and reserving (once we know roughly how many of us will show up).

At that point someone (i volunteer!) will print out a nice "habsworld" logo/table centre-piece that will don our table, and when people arrive they can say they're with HW and a waiter will bring them to the table. Or we could say "the elephant in the trenchcoat picks flowers at noon" :lol:

Euhm.. I'm in Montréal 21-30 december..

Sooo.. GF and I we just broke up, so I need a place to stay. Someone told me about hihostels.com Anyone ever heard of them?

Normally I was going to spend time with my GF's family, now Im looking to fil my week with hockey -it would be a waste to waste that 1000$ plain ticket- I found a game in Drummondville (Q) Anyone know of some other leagues around Montréal that I could take a look at?

Thanks in advance

Sooo.. GF and I we just broke up, so I need a place to stay. Someone told me about hihostels.com Anyone ever heard of them?

Normally I was going to spend time with my GF's family, now Im looking to fil my week with hockey -it would be a waste to waste that 1000$ plain ticket- I found a game in Drummondville (Q) Anyone know of some other leagues around Montréal that I could take a look at?

Thanks in advance

where are you coming from?

where are you coming from?

Europe.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=721638509

Sorry to hear mate...(if i had the money right now i would go with ya)

Maybe your sister..

just kidding, just kidding ;)

Think my brother wants to go with me, something I really appreciate..

Found another game, in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, the Summum Chiefs of the LNAH. Olivier Michaud is playing there so should be ok as well..

Crap hockey. Some of these guys are actually paid 50$ each time they drop the gloves. You'll see like 5 to 10 fights FOR SURE.