Who would you rather have: Brett Hull or Ron Francis

markierung

The Ultimate goal scorer / shit disturber or the Quiet leader who quietly racked up a shitload of points

The one timer, or the perfect pass

Personally, i'll go with Hull. Hull helped lead two teams to stanley cups, and during his prime he put up absolutely monster numbers. Ron Francis, although he has very impressive point totals, did have a longer career, and in my opinion, played his prime with a better supporting cast (Lemieux and Jagr) compared to Hull (Oates and Gretzky on the tail end of his career)

This is like chicken or egg. As growing up in st. louis I can finally give an analytical response! yeah!

Hull needed someone to give him the puck. He couldn't do it on his own. His great years was when he was with Oates who knew how to get him the puck. The rest of his career in his prime, 2nd to 3rd line players passing him the puck. When the Blues got Turgeon and then Gretzky, everyone figured it would be like Hull 'n Oates again, but it wasn't. Hull only worked well when he meshed with the centre and it was a centre that could get him the puck. If you had nobody to get him the puck, he was useless.

Great sound bites though and in a market like st. louis where its mainly a baseball town, he kept the Blues in the papers and he was the voice of the franchise. His Keenan rants every night were some of the best I've ever seen. Sadly that's what made him leave.

Ron Francis, can work with anyone, so I'd pick him.

This is like chicken or egg. As growing up in st. louis I can finally give an analytical response! yeah!

Hull needed someone to give him the puck. He couldn't do it on his own. His great years was when he was with Oates who knew how to get him the puck. The rest of his career in his prime, 2nd to 3rd line players passing him the puck. When the Blues got Turgeon and then Gretzky, everyone figured it would be like Hull 'n Oates again, but it wasn't. Hull only worked well when he meshed with the centre and it was a centre that could get him the puck. If you had nobody to get him the puck, he was useless.

Great sound bites though and in a market like st. louis where its mainly a baseball town, he kept the Blues in the papers and he was the voice of the franchise. His Keenan rants every night were some of the best I've ever seen. Sadly that's what made him leave.

Ron Francis, can work with anyone, so I'd pick him.

Francis. He made others better. Hull made himself better.

Another easy one.

Ron Francis.

That easy, Hull had 700 goals man! We also can't forget the greatest one-timer ever!

Also, i don't think Francis was ever dominant. Hull was

Ron Francis, because he could make an entire team better with his excellent passing. Francis is by far the most under-rated player in NHL history. I've mentioned this before, but on the ESPN game show Stump the Schwab, none of the contestants could list him as one of the top 16 assist men in NHL history. Francis had a quiet career, but it was a fantastic one.