Alexander Perezhogin

Jean

I have to agree that NOW russians are not so bad, but when Perzhogin was in the U-18's we were still seeing the typical russian half assedness! Perezhogin had good work ethic COMPARED to his Russian counterparts.

...in the NHL when a guy is considered a fringe top line player he has to show signs of being ready when he is put to the challenge. Perezhogin didnt show this, and everyone can disagree, but I guarantee you...I saw it, and the coaching staff saw it. If he showed his potential when playing top minutes he would have stayed! Proof of this is Higgins! When he was given top minutes he seized the opportunity immediatley.

uch like Lattendresse did the year after. When Perezhogin was on the top line he rarely showed results which is why he is in russia right now!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree that NOW russians are not so bad, but when Perzhogin was in the U-18's we were still seeing the typical russian half assedness! Perezhogin had good work ethic COMPARED to his Russian counterparts.

...in the NHL when a guy is considered a fringe top line player he has to show signs of being ready when he is put to the challenge. Perezhogin didnt show this, and everyone can disagree, but I guarantee you...I saw it, and the coaching staff saw it. If he showed his potential when playing top minutes he would have stayed! Proof of this is Higgins! When he was given top minutes he seized the opportunity immediatley.

uch like Lattendresse did the year after. When Perezhogin was on the top line he rarely showed results which is why he is in russia right now!

This is what I don't get... He DID seize the opportunity when he got it. His rookie season, he was over a PPG player until they moved him off the top line. How is that NOT seizing the opportunity. The top line of Koivu Kovy Perogie was broken up not because they stopped producing, but because they were the only line producing and so the team eventually slumped and Julien decided to spread the offense out.

I agree Higgins showed it, and so did Lats, but I can't believe you seriously can consider taht Perogie didn't.

This is what I don't get... He DID seize the opportunity when he got it. His rookie season, he was over a PPG player until they moved him off the top line. How is that NOT seizing the opportunity. The top line of Koivu Kovy Perogie was broken up not because they stopped producing, but because they were the only line producing and so the team eventually slumped and Julien decided to spread the offense out.

I agree Higgins showed it, and so did Lats, but I can't believe you seriously can consider taht Perogie didn't.

I believe Perzhogin was taken off the line because Zednik (injured in the first game vs Boston) came back.

Perezhogin's struggles and subsequent departure had more to do with Julien/Gainey/Carbonneau than they had to do with anything Perezhogin did or didn't do. He wasn't used properly for the most part, making it next to impossible for him to produce.

Edited by sbhatt