Who surprises you...

Nesquik

Dandenault the best surprise ??

Let's just say that he has worked hardf to stay in the line up

and he is a good veteran presence.

Our PK is one of the worst when he is on.

He shot once in the last 9 games.

He doesn't hit anymore.

We pay a lot of money for 4th line checker.

For me the best surprise is that they let the rookie play when they deserved to and

since most of them deserve to play all the time so they do.

He wasn't even expected to make the lineup though. He was our #9 d-man and it seemed like we had too much depth at forward to play him but he turned into a very good bottom line winger. He might not be worth his salary but that's not the topic of this thread, he is still exceeding our low expectations.

Kovalev is reborn, but he's playing the way everyone expects a guy of his talent to do. Ditto with Hamrlik. I'm not too surprised with AK46... to me it's more like "about damn time" than anything else. He can be even better, too. Plex isn't a surprise for me neither. I always liked him since we drafted him and he "arrived" late last year and this season is just the follow though.

The biggest surprise for me this season is Komisarek. He's really took a huge leap forward. He hits and blocks shots like few D's do in the league, he fights and shows loads of leadership. I wasnt expecting this much from him this early in his career.

He wasn't even expected to make the lineup though. He was our #9 d-man and it seemed like we had too much depth at forward to play him but he turned into a very good bottom line winger. He might not be worth his salary but that's not the topic of this thread, he is still exceeding our low expectations.

Thats how you feel.

For me a players sallary is a very important factor for how I set my expectations. (excluding young players on entry level deals.

Thats how you feel.

For me a players sallary is a very important factor for how I set my expectations. (excluding young players on entry level deals.

I can't name 5 players in the team that meet their expectation according to their salary.

I can't name 5 players in the team that meet their expectation according to their salary.

Markov

Kostitsyn..both of them

Plekanec

Komisarek

STREIT

Markov

Kostitsyn..both of them

Plekanec

Komisarek

STREIT

Thank you are there are at least 6 or 7 more.

Higgins is definitely worth 1.8 or 1.9 million$

Kovy is worth 4.5 million$. He should finish with 36 or 37 goals.

Price is definitely worth 850,000$

Huet at 2.75 million is a bargain. He's in the top 10 for GAA and Save%. Try finding another goalie with those kinds of numbers for less than 3 million$...good luck!

Well, it's hard to say who surprises me.

Lapierre and S. Kostitsyn being the solution to 3 offensively capable lines at this point is pleassantly surprising.

The new #1 line of Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev is surprising to a degree.

Hamrlik has impressed me, but my concern wasn't Year 1 of his contract, it was more Year 3 & 4.

The PP has been a revelation. It is better than last year and took no time to adjust to it. I wasn't particularily concerned about the PP, though I didn't expect the #1 ranked one. I thought a top 10 PP was realistic, though.

The PK tanking is a huge concern and somewhat surprising in a negative turn. I think this is a personnel issue that can be rectified internally, though. I like Lapierre and Higgins as a top pair on it in the long term.