• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes.

Republican party is blowing up into regional parties

you've got the theocrats in the Midwest and South

the traditional liberal republicans in the northeast

liberatarian republicans in the southwest.

Republican party is a delicate coalition that's going to ferociously snap this year. Huckabee is the Scion of this this flirtation with theocracy. You reap what you sow. You go with Huckabee you completely lose the liberal republicans (the traditional republican aka socially left, economically right guiliani and romney before he flip flopped) the liberatarian republicans in the southwest. (think cowboys mccain).

If they don't go with Huckabee, the evangelicals won't ever come back.

Republican party is in melt down mode.

I'm not so sure that America is going to vote for a woman or an African-American. Even with the curse of George W. over their heads, I think that there will be another Republican president.

I doubt Ron Paul will win the republican vote but he should. I love his policies and he would make an excellent president.

again 20's somethings our parents generation completely gets it wrong. The 60's are over. The old people need to go.

When will we stand up against their idiocy and destruction?

This goes not just for the U.S. but Canada as well. Why do we continue to let our parents generation tell us what our country is when they are not in the reality of the situation? Enough of the baby boomers choking this world to death.

Edited by Pierre the Great

1100th post!

I'm a staunch supporter of Obama, and i'm also a big supporter of Clinton. I like them both...

Clinton has experience, is very intelligent, has a good background, comes with bonus Bill Clinton, and lets face it, is a woman. (A little estrogen in the white house during these nonsensical war-ridden times wouldn't hurt)

On the other hand...

Barack is the most eloquent and presidential-looking man out of all the candidates, and this by a long shot. He's down to earth, seems very.. human.. and is obviously very intelligent. His policies are great, his enthusiasm inspirational, and hey, he's black, which is a bonus in the sense that it would drive home the sense that America truly is undergoing change. (Who would have thought such a thing possible just.. a decade or two ago?)

Since both candidates have a lot in common, cancelling out those traits and looking at the differences, i see, basically:

Hillary = Experience + Woman + Bill Clinton + Electability

Obama = Sincerity/Amazing ability to inspire + Black + Down to earth and has a bit of an underdog appeal going + Common sense and impression that he is less corrupt than other candidates

Frankly, give me Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama and let the good times roll.

I salivate at the prospect of the outdated, corrupt and stubborn GOP being ridden from the white house at last..

8 more years of Bill Clinton-esque prosperity, coming right up!

So when are the election? I think they've been talking about those for two years now... show me some poll, anything to bite on.

you have a woman

a black man

a dude who doesn't believe in any form of science

a dinosaur

a Mormon

a trial lawyer

a mexican

a liberatarian who doesn't have liberatarian views

a actor turned politician turned actor turned politician who really doesn't care about anything and lulls himself to sleep while talking

a guy who profits off of the death of 3,000 people

pick one streamer what's you're flavour?

I'll go with the Dino. Dinos rock!

dinosaur-printable-invitation.jpg

Seriously though, I liked Clinton while he was there, so I'd go with his feminized version.

Are there some poll? what's the date?

We don't have access to these informations in French Qc. lol

(maybe we do, but no one seems to care I guess)

There won't be prosperity catclaw the recession started at the beginning of the year according to Merrill Lynch.

The Clinton's are not democrats, they only care about power.

It's Cataclaw and in the 21st century a recession can dissipate as quickly as it emerges, under the correct circumstances. I'm optimistic about the future of America if the democrats come in and cease the politics of supply-side economics.

As for Clinton, i think your statement is an unfair and gross misreading of her personality. Sure she's interested in power, all candidates are, at some point, but to claim that it's her sole and greatest motivation is asinine. She just had an emotional breakdown recently where she described her motivations for doing what she does, trying to promote change and get the country on the right track.

Comments such as "only care about power" are unfounded and derived from subjective conceptions in turn derived from intangible opinions...

...come on Pierre, you're better than that!

Edited by Cataclaw

It's Cataclaw and in the 21st century a recession can dissipate as quickly as it emerges, under the correct circumstances. I'm optimistic about the future of America if the democrats come in and cease the politics of supply-side economics.

As for Clinton, i think your statement is an unfair and gross misreading of her personality. Sure she's interested in power, all candidates are, at some point, but to claim that it's her sole and greatest motivation is asinine. She just had an emotional breakdown recently where she described her motivations for doing what she does, trying to promote change and get the country on the right track.

Comments such as "only care about power" are unfounded and derived from subjective conceptions in turn derived from intangible opinions...

...come on Pierre, you're better than that!

That breakdown was not spontaneous, everything the Clinton's do is calculated. Her campaign slogan has been "I'm the inevitable candidate, you must vote for me".

Clinton won't take nuclear off the table on Iran. She's just as polarizing as Bush. Think Stephen Harper in female form. Many people in the general election will vote against her just because she's a Clinton, then they will vote for her.

The country doesn't need this, especially when it's on the verge of total collapse.

That breakdown was not spontaneous, everything the Clinton's do is calculated. Her campaign slogan has been "I'm the inevitable candidate, you must vote for me".

Clinton won't take nuclear off the table on Iran. She's just as polarizing as Bush. Think Stephen Harper in female form. Many people in the general election will vote against her just because she's a Clinton, then they will vote for her.

The country doesn't need this, especially when it's on the verge of total collapse.

You're telling me her breakdown was not spontaneous, that everything was calculated and scripted... give me a farking break. I suppose you believe 9/11 was 100% staged, the moon landing a hoax and that aliens are living in your back yard.

Sometimes a fish is just a fish, an apple just an apple, and an emotional event just an emotional event.

You sound excessively neurotic and/or paranoid, Pierre :(

The country needs sound policy, and frankly, any Democrat will bring that to the table, as well as some Republicans (though i'd prefer a Democrat due to value similarities)

It was fake people. I'm sorry you guys fell for it. Maureen Dowd sure didn't

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/09/opinion/...amp;oref=slogin

At the Portsmouth cafe on Monday, talking to a group of mostly women, she blinked back her misty dread of where Obama’s “false hopes” will lead us — “I just don’t want to see us fall backwards,” she said tremulously — in time to smack her rival: “But some of us are right and some of us are wrong. Some of us are ready and some of us are not.”

There was a poignancy about the moment, seeing Hillary crack with exhaustion from decades of yearning to be the principal rather than the plus-one. But there was a whiff of Nixonian self-pity about her choking up. What was moving her so deeply was her recognition that the country was failing to grasp how much it needs her. In a weirdly narcissistic way, she was crying for us. But it was grimly typical of her that what finally made her break down was the prospect of losing.

Gloria Steinem wrote in The Times yesterday that one of the reasons she is supporting Hillary is that she had “no masculinity to prove.” But Hillary did feel she needed to prove her masculinity. That was why she voted to enable W. to invade Iraq without even reading the National Intelligence Estimate and backed the White House’s bellicosity on Iran.

Yet, in the end, she had to fend off calamity by playing the female victim, both of Obama and of the press. Hillary has barely talked to the press throughout her race even though the Clintons this week whined mightily that the press prefers Obama.

Bill Clinton, campaigning in Henniker on Monday, also played the poor-little-woman card in a less-than-flattering way. “I can’t make her younger, taller or change her gender,” he said.

Now that she is done with New Hampshire, she may distance herself from him, realizing that seeing Bill so often reminds voters that they don’t want to go back to that whole megillah again.

Hillary sounded silly trying to paint Obama as a poetic dreamer and herself as a prodigious doer. “Dr. King’s dream began to be realized when President Johnson passed the Civil Rights Act,”

Her argument against Obama now boils down to an argument against idealism, which is probably the lowest and most unlikely point to which any Clinton could sink. The people from Hope are arguing against hope.

----

Dowd is calling her out as a fake, basically.

jesus pierre, your reading comprehension is horrific. Maureen Dowd, who btw is not the final authority, did not say that Clinton was faking. The line you bolded, in fact, says that she was not faking. Ms. Dowd was arguing that she was crying because she was scared that she wouldn't win, not that she decided to cry so as to avoid losing.

I hope you cite more accurately in your school work, your lackadaisical approach to research is very disturbing and annoying.

You sound excessively neurotic and/or paranoid, Pierre :(

is this your first time encountering this phenomenon?