Should the Habs sign Komisarek long term?

Habsfan84

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell he'd sign for 3.5. Outside chance at 4-ish. I think his agent is going to be looking for at least 4.5

We gotta keep this one for a later reference :clap:

Ya 4 to 5 sounds like more realistic numbers. Were paying Hamrlik that and I do think that Komisarek will be as good or better than Hamrlik.

Edited by Habsfan84

I wouldn't want him to get 5 or 6 - I just think some bone-head team will offer him that. Intangibles, etc etc etc.

5 would be the max I want to see him get. But just imagine an offer / rumour from some team loaded with offense and a retiring big D-man like the Kings.

Not nuts, just trying to anticipate the market. After all, what player wouldn't bring up Vanek or Penner in their negotiations?

Not nuts, just trying to anticipate the market. After all, what player wouldn't bring up Vanek or Penner in their negotiations?

That's why it will be soooooo important for Bob to resign Komi, Higgins and Plex this summer. If he waits longer than that, we'll be fv.cked!

I wouldn't want him to get 5 or 6 - I just think some bone-head team will offer him that. Intangibles, etc etc etc.

5 would be the max I want to see him get. But just imagine an offer / rumour from some team loaded with offense and a retiring big D-man like the Kings.

FOR THE LAST TIME KOMI WILL NEVER BE AN RFA AGAIN HE WILL BE A UFA @ THE END OF NEXT SEASON.

FOR THE LAST TIME KOMI WILL NEVER BE AN RFA AGAIN HE WILL BE A UFA @ THE END OF NEXT SEASON.

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But we should still get him signed up this summer.

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But we should still get him signed up this summer.

Hahaha.

Right....

Read what I wrote - slowly, after a few breathing exercises...

Your point just re-enforces what I wrote, if anything. If I was Komi and a UFA, or on the verge of becoming one, I'd put out numbers from around the league - whether they were signed as RFA's or UFA's makes little difference at that point. The point is him saying, 'If Vanek makes X$ and is worth that much to that team, I'm worth at least Y$." Keeping in mind that guys like Vanek and Penner are not playing to their contract worth.

If it isn't Vanek, it will be someone else signed to a huge contract and under-performing.

Anyway, get him signed Bob - as soon as JMMR gives both parties the green light to enter negotiations, that is!

Well in that case if JMMR runs this team maybe you could give us the green light to go get Lecavalier or Hossa. Just a thought JMMR.

And I even had a great idea about since JMMR runs the Habs he could get us all some free tickets............That'd be great.

Right....

Read what I wrote - slowly, after a few breathing exercises...

Your point just re-enforces what I wrote, if anything. If I was Komi and a UFA, or on the verge of becoming one, I'd put out numbers from around the league - whether they were signed as RFA's or UFA's makes little difference at that point. The point is him saying, 'If Vanek makes X$ and is worth that much to that team, I'm worth at least Y$." Keeping in mind that guys like Vanek and Penner are not playing to their contract worth.

If it isn't Vanek, it will be someone else signed to a huge contract and under-performing.

Anyway, get him signed Bob - as soon as JMMR gives both parties the green light to enter negotiations, that is!

No his point doesn't reinforce what you wrote, you mentioned two RFAs who were poached from their teams. If you wanted to give a pertinent example you would have mentioned Hannan or Rafalski, who are Dmen at least and were signed as UFAs.

And the fact that guys like Vanek and Penner are underperforming doesn't boost the amount that Komisarek would get as a UFA, if anything it makes GMs more wary to throw out huge contracts on an unproven commodity. But anyways, Komisarek's situation is different because of the game he plays and also his role on the team.

But in the end, your initial comment was irrelevant because you were pointing out how other teams could give him a big contract, but the whole point of this thread was to sign him this summer before he becomes a free agent.

Well in that case if JMMR runs this team maybe you could give us the green light to go get Lecavalier or Hossa. Just a thought JMMR.

And I even had a great idea about since JMMR runs the Habs he could get us all some free tickets............That'd be great.

Sure what game would you like?