NHL All Star Game/Skills Competition

Trizzak

Looks like no one thinks it's worth posting about, but we could see some serious skill tonight and tomorrow.

Markov appeared to do really well in that relay competition. How many times did he hit the target on the one timer? 2 outta 4? 3? I couldn't tell.

he hit 3 out of 4

the next big things game was nice 3 vs 3. I really ENJOY the new formula for breakaways at the end. It will be just like the NBA dunk fest, with judges. Don't know who will be the judges but it would be a great opportunity to bring back Messier, Lemieux, Gretzky, Coffey, Hull, etc...

Wish we would go back to the old formula where the cup winning team played an all-star team. You couldn't include all teams though, too many. Say make a team from the rest of the play off teams. Be one sided though, wouldn't it? Guesss not. Oh well, back to the Jager.

Hardest shots should be taken from the blueline, like D-men takes in real games

agree 100%, without skating 20 feet into the shot.

Wish we would go back to the old formula where the cup winning team played an all-star team. You couldn't include all teams though, too many. Say make a team from the rest of the play off teams. Be one sided though, wouldn't it? Guesss not. Oh well, back to the Jager.

Just give the ice advantage in the SCF to the winning Conference.

Ovechkin is so cool. I like the guy. Again though, Kovalev should have been in that too. 3 players from Boston? But they might not even make the playoffs. They are a bubble team. Do I smell big target TV market? Savard? That's a joke. I could name a dozen guys I take over him in the East without effort.

Players need to step up the creativity in that event. It could be so much more with a little bit of effort. Poor showing!

yeah but it was just the first year of it. now players will have all summer long to think about it and practice some moves... But Datsyuk was disgusting.

Meh - didn't look like the guys practiced the moves all that much... Kudos to Ovechkin for giving it a real go. Wish we would have seen St. Louis pull that apparent move where he slides across his stomach or what not. Anyway, the game itself should be a bit better... maybe.

yeah but it was just the first year of it. now players will have all summer long to think about it and practice some moves... But Datsyuk was disgusting.

You'd think the Russians would have stepped it up more. Maybe throw a cash prize for the winner...speak the players language. :blink:

You'd think the Russians would have stepped it up more. Maybe throw a cash prize for the winner...speak the players language. :blink:

lol, but Mike Ribeiro should have been in it... he's with Ovechkin the most showoff guy of them.

I think the shootout judges should include a chick. Put a little PG-13 T&A into the show.

Alyssa Milano was right there in the stands too! Grab her!

I'd grab her... :unsure:

Alyssa Milano was right there in the stands too! Grab her!

I'd grab her... :unsure:

Yes, you'd grab her.

Faerie would grab a guy.

Pierre would grab Elmo.

oh gawd kozed is bud selig in disguise! :o:o

please noooo to the "it counts" idea.

Back in the good old days of Prince of Wales vs Campbell there was more incentive. Maybe it was because top players were associated with their conference and wanted to compete harder (Lemieux vs Gretzky, Bourque vs Coffey, etc.)

The game was really an All-Star Game.

Put meaning back into it. Make it count. Even if it means displeasing casual fans like PTG...

Back in the good old days of Prince of Wales vs Campbell there was more incentive. Maybe it was because top players were associated with their conference and wanted to compete harder (Lemieux vs Gretzky, Bourque vs Coffey, etc.)

The game was really an All-Star Game.

Put meaning back into it. Make it count. Even if it means displeasing casual fans like PTG...

Make it count yes, but put it at the end of the season, after the SC final. It ain't no baseball here, players will get injured if it counts.