Habs Mid-Term Reports from the media

Habsfan84

Yeah, but we have had numerous discussions about the media and the hype they create. If Washington wins that division Boudreau will probably win because he will be seen as the guy who turned it around.

But exact same could be said about Waddell in Atlanta... or Martin in Florida. They're all within 3 pts of the 1st place in Southleast; yet almost all .500 or below... and all in the collective minuses. Weak division shouldn't deserve an Adams trophy.

On the other hand, Habs are tied with Ottawa for the least regulation time losses (15) in the East. And we're sitting pretty at 5th in the entire league with games in hand on everyone in front of us except SJ. That's with a team with half a roster below 25 yrs old.

The 2nd half of the season will tell weither or not the Habs have overachieved so far; but until proven wrong the Habs are the biggest surprise this season.

Eat your heart out Daniel Brière...

Julien should get consideration as well.

Yeah, he is who I would pick for coach of the year at this point. Look at all the injuries they've had, it's ridiculous. This team didn't add very much from the squad that was last in the division last year.

Julien should get consideration as well.

Yep, especially with the B's best forward out for the entire season.

And in the West, if the 'Yotes make it in the playoffs there'll be some credit given to Gretz. They're basically like the Habs. Very young team with very little proven players except Jovo and Doan; and with a "reject" between the pipes.

Maybe not now, but for the remainder of his lenghty contract he'll regret it. I dont think he expected the Habs' bright future to happen so fast.

Ah, him and his buddy Biron can console each other.

Yep, especially with the B's best forward out for the entire season.

And in the West, if the 'Yotes make it in the playoffs there'll be some credit given to Gretz. They're basically like the Habs. Very young team with very little proven players except Jovo and Doan; and with a "reject" between the pipes.

If the Coyotes make the playoffs Gretzky will probably win. THe media is already starting to run with that one.

If the Coyotes make the playoffs Gretzky will probably win. THe media is already starting to run with that one.

Tell me you're kidding?! :blink:

As much as Gretzky is doing good work with the Yotes, I think Julien should be a lock for the Bruins(that is if they can make it to the playoffs) With the number of injuries the Pooh-Bears have had this year, he should definitely be a leading candidate for the Jack Adams

Tell me you're kidding?! :blink:

As much as Gretzky is doing good work with the Yotes, I think Julien should be a lock for the Bruins(that is if they can make it to the playoffs) With the number of injuries the Pooh-Bears have had this year, he should definitely be a leading candidate for the Jack Adams

I have already seen the TSN and Sportsnet guys running with it, as well as the Star and Globe.

Gretzky is the Golden Boy, when he looked overmatched nobody said a thing. When he picked a terrible Canadian roster in 06, nobody said a thing.

If the Coyotes make it, he will win it. Since when is it about who deserves it?

Mario Lemieux almost cracked the 200 point mark in 89, almost broke Gretzky's consecutive game point streak and missed 6 games and Gretzky won the MVP.

Mario Lemieux almost cracked the 200 point mark in 89, almost broke Gretzky's consecutive game point streak and missed 6 games and Gretzky won the MVP.

Holy shit! I had no idea. I had always assumed that since Mario had scored 199 points that he would have won the Hart trophy, but it looks like he got screwed!

So Gretzky should have won 8 hart trophies and Lemieux should have won it 4 times. I mean how could they justify giving the trophy to Gretzky? Gretzky finished the season with 31 points less than Lemieux! And it's not like Lemieux played many more games or had more assists, Lemieux had 85 goals that year, Gretzky had 54.

Back to the Coach of the year award. I still think that Julien and even Bruce Boudreau(if the Caps make it in) should at least get nominations!

Edited by Habsfan

Holy shit! I had no idea. I had always assumed that since Mario had scored 199 points that he would have won the Hart trophy, but it looks like he got screwed!

So Gretzky should have won 8 hart trophies and Lemieux should have won it 4 times. I mean how could they justify giving the trophy to Gretzky? Gretzky finished the season with 31 points less than Lemieux! And it's ont liek Lemieux played many more games or had more assists, Lemieux had 85 goals that year, Gretzky had 54.

Back to the Coach of the year award. I still think that Julien and even Bruce Boudreau(if the Caps make it in) should at least get nominations!

Lets wait and see if Julien even finishes the year in Boston first.

Lets wait and see if Julien even finishes the year in Boston first.

Why wouldnT' he? It's not like Lamoriello is his boss this year!

So Gretzky should have won 8 hart trophies and Lemieux should have won it 4 times. I mean how could they justify giving the trophy to Gretzky? Gretzky finished the season with 31 points less than Lemieux! And it's not like Lemieux played many more games or had more assists, Lemieux had 85 goals that year, Gretzky had 54.

They gave it to Gretzky because he made the Kings better. But it was just an excuse to give it to Gretzky for helping hockey in the US.

Lemieux took the Pens to the playoffs for the first time in his career and put up the closest season to Gretzky's 215 and it was deemed inferior.

Hey, I said a lot! What stupid picks he made, he was too proud to admit that some of the guys he guaranteed spots to didn't deserve it.

I mean the media :)

I was very confused at his loyalty while leaving out some of the hottest players from that season. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt

because he had yet to lose as the GM.