Applause to Pierre and Yvon

I could have simply written this on the game thread but I thought it warranted a thread of its own.

It was good to hear them talking in a positive manner about the team. Even finding positive things to say about the mistakes some of the players made. I know the habs are winning of late could be a reason why the are staying positive. To be honest I think more is going on than just that. I'll give credit where it is due... Good job Pierre et Yvon. Most enjoyable commenting on game I've heard in a while. Bravo!

its not much about them thean about the RDS coverage all together. I think they do a good job but they're often late on the play which can become really annoying at time.

@matsnaslundsuperfan: how's shortcat ?? havent heard muchof him lately, hope everythings all good with him.

Bad things about RDS:

1) Miss way too many face offs showing replays or other dumb stuff. Whatever you are showing is NOT better than the GAME. Make it the priority.

2) Those stupid "interesting stats" they put up twice a game, always miss the first 5 seconds when play resumes while they are still babbling about how Komisarek has 4 hits and Hamrlik has been on for 18:37 minutes.

3) Your information bar is WAY to big. Just make it as small as possible in the top left please.

That said, I'll take them over the mouthbreathers at CBC any day.

Edited by Dirty Harry

Bad things about RDS:

1) Miss way too many face offs showing replays or other dumb stuff. Whatever you are showing is NOT better than the GAME. Make it the priority.

That said, I'll take them over the mouthbreathers at CBC any day.

1) - This has been my main complaint against them all season, they should really correct this.

I watched the game on CBC today and the announcing was very good. Unlike the TSN guys, they seemed knowledgeable about the team. I like the duo of Hughson and that other guy.

The thing I like about CBC is they show goals from other games around the league. I guess RDS doesn't to show more replays for the Habs game, but down the stretch if there is a game going on with a close rival they should put on some out of town goals for it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Houde is good Pednault is horrible. Point finale!

I don't care how much better and more positive they seem, Pednault will forever annoy me with his ridiculous comments about players making the "wrong choice" on any given play, as though he were capable of anything at the speed of the NHL and forgetting completely that he has the luxury of replay.

RDS's other minor annoyances I can live with, but Pednault is the single worst element of the entire network, and that's even counting Renaud Lavoie's make-up:)

And please, Habs fans at NHL games, please stop with the Pierre et Yvon posters, if you keep that up they'll never ditch Pednault...no offense to Pierre Houde.

And lastly I would like to see more out of town action and scores. But je remercie le bon Dieu pour RDS, as a franco in Saskatchewan!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Houde is good Pednault is horrible. Point finale!

I don't care how much better and more positive they seem, Pednault will forever annoy me with his ridiculous comments about players making the "wrong choice" on any given play, as though he were capable of anything at the speed of the NHL and forgetting completely that he has the luxury of replay.

RDS's other minor annoyances I can live with, but Pednault is the single worst element of the entire network, and that's even counting Renaud Lavoie's make-up:)

And please, Habs fans at NHL games, please stop with the Pierre et Yvon posters, if you keep that up they'll never ditch Pednault...no offense to Pierre Houde.

And lastly I would like to see more out of town action and scores. But je remercie le bon Dieu pour RDS, as a franco in Saskatchewan!

Yeah, Pednault can be pretty dumb, and between the two of them they have some strange mannerisms of speech that you don't hear very often. But sometimes they can be funny when they start to laugh for no reason at all.

And I agree about the posters with their names, but it's just a cheap way of getting on TV and everyone knows it. I'm sure it strokes their ego nicely.

RDS does tend to be biased towards the Habs though (not just by focusing mostly on their team, but by arguing non-calls vs the Habs and things of that sort) but I love Houde and Pednault. The game is fun to watch and the analysis is good enough. Besides, it's fun to watch a game and have the announcers on your side, especially when you can all get mad at the refs together.

I watch most of the habs games on RDS and usually get annoyed about the Dumb and dumber duo (hence the pierre and yvon thread on the HAbsworld french part) Mostly due to their inability to use their eyes and more importantly their monitors when the play or mis-play is so clear it aggravates me to no end!.... but lately I've been bed-ridden and watched the last laughs Habs game on CBC and I have to admit... BOY did I miss RDS and the two fools then! as lousy as I felt then and now I couldnt but wanna hurl when I heard that goof call McCabe penalty diving and holding on to the younger Kosty's stick called as 'an expert veteran move'! SHAMELESS!!!!

well Today I believe its CBC for me again so ..... lets get the ibuprofen flowing!