The Official 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Captain_Stealth

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy, 3rd round picks for mediocre defensemen.

A 3rd for Skrastins anyone?

:blink:

Canucks Wish List:

1. Olli Jokinen

2. Brad Richards

3. Marian Hossa (signed)

4. Trent Hunter

5. Miroslav Satan

6. Michael Ryder

7. Mike Sillinger

#6 is most likely not available now. :lol: To be honest there really isn't an order. If we get guys like Nagy or Comrie and such for cheap then fine. It'll be better than watching the 2nd line we have now.....

*Prays for one of the top 3*

:blink:

Canucks Wish List:

1. Olli Jokinen

2. Brad Richards

3. Marian Hossa (signed)

4. Trent Hunter

5. Miroslav Satan

6. Michael Ryder

7. Mike Sillinger

#6 is most likely not available now. :lol: To be honest there really isn't an order. If we get guys like Nagy or Comrie and such for cheap then fine. It'll be better than watching the 2nd line we have now.....

*Prays for one of the top 3*

No defenseman

Do they not have a lot of guys out?

No defenseman

Do they not have a lot of guys out?

They'll be fine once everyone comes back, they still won't be able to score. You should hear him complain about Nazzy.

My wishlist consists of 3 names. Tomas Kaberle, Barret Jackman and Marian Hossa.

EDIT: Make that 4. Forgot about Brad Stuart.

Mattias Ohlund (Best 2 way dman)

Willie Mitchell (Top Shutdown dman)

Sami Salo (Top PP Dman)

Alexander Edler (This kid is SICK)

Luc Bourdon (Played really well. Showing his potential)

Mike Weaver (Great waiver pickup)

Nathan McIver (Tough dman that can hold his own)

All those guys have played really well. Aaron Miller will be back sooner or later. The BEST part is Bieksa could be back tomorrow but most likely SATURDAY!!!!!!! :clap: Bieksa is insane. Our MOST toughest player by far. Has NEVER lost a fight and usually owns the competition. Great both ways.

Krajicek's out though but we have so much depth it's not really a problem right now.

@Jets: I know I've complained about Nazzy but lately he's really picked up his play lately. MUCH happier with him. Last game AV tried a Raymond-Shannon Cooke line that actually played quite well offensively vs Minny. Theteam gets it's chances, but we NEED guys who can put the puck in the net. The Sedins and Nazzy are this team's only REAL dangerous line and that has got to change if we are to have any chance.

Oh, another good deadline pickup would be Sakic, hehe.

Should be playing before the end of our 5 game road trip, apparently. He's finally started participating in practice. Stastny should be back soon too. Adding those two to our lineup for nothing would be huge.

Oh, another good deadline pickup would be Sakic, hehe.

Should be playing before the end of our 5 game road trip, apparently. He's finally started participating in practice. Stastny should be back soon too. Adding those two to our lineup for nothing would be huge.

I know he isn't a Sakic but Morrison for us is huge as well. So I know what you mean. ;)

hey now we can sit 1 of erikkson or warrener. Hurray

The Flyers board was ecstatic once they heard Vandermeer was traded. :lol:

I'm bored, I want a trade to happen.

Like right now.

Same. I'm dying here. The deadline should be right now. ^_^

Too bad your 360 has a mind of it's own.

They'll be fine once everyone comes back, they still won't be able to score. You should hear him complain about Nazzy.

My wishlist consists of 3 names. Tomas Kaberle, Barret Jackman and Marian Hossa.

EDIT: Make that 4. Forgot about Brad Stuart.

Kaberle isn't going anywhere. He didn't waive his NTC, which apparently frustrated Leaf management. The team obviously needs to be rebuilt, but they can't do it because their whole core pretty much has NTCs. If word gets out in Toronto that a good offer comes up for Sundin and he refuses to move, the fans will most probably turn on him. In short, Leafs are screwed for a good couple years yet.

Edited by ForumGhost

Kaberle isn't going anywhere. He didn't waive his NTC, which apparently frustrated Leaf management. The team obviously needs to be rebuilt, but they can't do it because their whole core pretty much has NTCs. If word gets out in Toronto that a good offer comes up for Sundin and he refuses to move, the fans will most probably turn on him. In short, Leafs are screwed for a good couple years yet.

Which is always a good thing. ;)

I missed that! recap?

Stock on a Boston based radio station wanted to mess with callers so he made up a rumoured deal of Kessel, Schaefer, 1st, and 2nd for Hossa where Hossa would re-sign with the Bruins for 5 years. Here's EK(info from HF):

But wait according to Eklund:

"PJ Stock on Team990 just reported Hossa for Kessel, Schaeffer, and a #1 amd #2 rumour as a possibility, and I checked into it and THERE ARE HUGE HUGE LEGS to this...also there is a possible 5 year extenson for Hossa, I am told that these names are close but not exact. I do believe that Kessel is involved."

Stock obviously was just lying. Shows how credible Ek is now eh? HUGE LEGS... :lol:

Yeah, this was already touched on.

Doesn't change the fact I want Tomas Kaberle.

Stock on a Boston based radio station wanted to mess with callers so he made up a rumoured deal of Kessel, Schaefer, 1st, and 2nd for Hossa where Hossa would re-sign with the Bruins for 5 years. Here's EK(info from HF):

But wait according to Eklund:

"PJ Stock on Team990 just reported Hossa for Kessel, Schaeffer, and a #1 amd #2 rumour as a possibility, and I checked into it and THERE ARE HUGE HUGE LEGS to this...also there is a possible 5 year extenson for Hossa, I am told that these names are close but not exact. I do believe that Kessel is involved."

Stock obviously was just lying. Shows how credible Ek is now eh? HUGE LEGS... :lol:

You'd think after the third or fourth time of planting a false rumor for him, he'd catch on. His IQ must be around 40.

Yeah, this was already touched on.

Doesn't change the fact I want Tomas Kaberle.

You'd think after the third or fourth time of planting a false rumor for him, he'd catch on. His IQ must be around 40.

You're being too generous.

Hey guys, Jacket fan here - just wanted to give you a heads up that the Jackets beat writer is supposed to be going on Columbus radio in a couple minutes with "breaking news of a trade between OTT/CBJ - involving a veteran player of Russian descent." Stay tuned.

Interesting... Fedorov to Ottawa? lol

Oooh, that'd be sweet, depending what the Sens gave up. This makes sense too, Columbus is in Ottawa tonight.

Yep. Should get interesting. Now I was to see some Jokinen to Vancouver stuff. ^_^