The Official 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Captain_Stealth

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agh. What happened to "Im not playing this season". Does this guy have no morales? Think of how forsberg's circus has effected the talent pool in the trade deadline.

homer-woohoo.gif

agh. What happened to "Im not playing this season". Does this guy have no morales? Think of how forsberg's circus has effected the talent pool in the trade deadline.

It was never "I'm not playing", it was his agent saying he more then likely would wait till July 1st. There were reports at the exact same time on basically every rumor site that Forsberg was still trying to give it a go.

The snowball has star to roll.

That Forsberg choosed the Avs can't be a surpise to anyone. But does that take the Avs away from any other sweepstakes? A healthy Forsberg also makes the Avs a legit contender. Will they go after a goalie next? Emery?

Jetsniper?

That Forsberg choosed the Avs can't be a surpise to anyone. But does that take the Avs away from any other sweepstakes? A healthy Forsberg also makes the Avs a legit contender. Will they go after a goalie next? Emery?

Jetsniper?

Emery hahahah

and Theo on the same team?

Well I guess they could bulk order their nose candy.

I have a certain finger for all of those flyer and senator fans out there who are silently crying in their beers and trying to convince themselves that he's over-rated and washed up.

The middle one.

Emery hahahah

and Theo on the same team?

Well I guess they could bulk order their nose candy.

No.

Emery would only show up if Theo went the other way.

Jetsniper?

Nah, we don't need a goalie. Theo has been handing wins to basically an AHL team for the past couple of months. The fact we're still in contention for a playoff spot is amazing. We've called up 9 guys from Lake Erie in that time. Thats almost half the team. And to be honest, I see Emery as a downgrade from Budaj, let alone Theo. I'm a Sens fan too so I watch him quite a bit. He's definitely a person I don't want on the Avs (and I want the Sens to ax him somehow as well)

We need a defenseman however and thats why I like the draft pick for Adam Foote deal. I'm willing to go as high as a 2nd for him. Signing Forsberg means we could also use Arnason as bait, he's been playing well recently so I'm wondering if St.Louis would have interest in Arnason, Liles and a pick for Jackman and a pick. I'm not sure what kind of value Jackman has to St.Louis considering he probably won't re-sign anyway but a Jackman-Hannan tandem would be pretty sweet.

I was listening to the Fan 960 just now and the Flames guys were talking about the deal, they were speculating that this could possibly mean Colorado takes a shot at Brian Campbell. Forsberg signing in Colorado definitely means we're gonna take a run at this thing so that means Giguere should be out full-force for a defenseman.

I'll finally take Kaberle off my list and with the added mention of Campbell (I just never figured it was a possibilty) my wish list now stands at:

Brian Campbell

Adam Foote

Barret Jackman

Brad Stuart

If we acquire one of those 4 guys tomorrow, I will definitely be a happy camper.

No.

Emery would only show up if Theo went the other way.

The only way I'd be happy about that is if Redden or Spezza came the other way. :wacko:

BTW: Jets, I hate to say it, but hopefully Forsberg (if he's in and out and always questionable) isn't a distraction. I as a fan would be worried about this situation POSSIBLY developing. In Peter's case, if one did develop he'd be a good guy to have around nevertheless. Good for the room and leadership.

It's the media and all the annoyance that springs from that negativity that can be disasterous. I'd consider this as much if the Sens or even if the Habs had gotten him.

The absolute good news for you is that it is Colorado. He probably signed there to avoid all the rant anyway. It's the most secure environment he could go to. Home :)

He probably won't play right away. I wonder when we will get news on when he's playing.

Nah, we don't need a goalie. Theo has been handing wins to basically an AHL team for the past couple of months. The fact we're still in contention for a playoff spot is amazing. We've called up 9 guys from Lake Erie in that time. Thats almost half the team. And to be honest, I see Emery as a downgrade from Budaj, let alone Theo. I'm a Sens fan too so I watch him quite a bit. He's definitely a person I don't want on the Avs (and I want the Sens to ax him somehow as well)

We need a defenseman however and thats why I like the draft pick for Adam Foote deal. I'm willing to go as high as a 2nd for him. Signing Forsberg means we could also use Arnason as bait, he's been playing well recently so I'm wondering if St.Louis would have interest in Arnason, Liles and a pick for Jackman and a pick. I'm not sure what kind of value Jackman has to St.Louis considering he probably won't re-sign anyway but a Jackman-Hannan tandem would be pretty sweet.

I was listening to the Fan 960 just now and the Flames guys were talking about the deal, they were speculating that this could possibly mean Colorado takes a shot at Brian Campbell. Forsberg signing in Colorado definitely means we're gonna take a run at this thing so that means Giguere should be out full-force for a defenseman.

I'll finally take Kaberle off my list and with the added mention of Campbell (I just never figured it was a possibilty) my wish list now stands at:

Brian Campbell

Adam Foote

Barret Jackman

Brad Stuart

If we acquire one of those 4 guys tomorrow, I will definitely be a happy camper.

The only way I'd be happy about that is if Redden or Spezza came the other way. :wacko:

We need a defenseman, but what we specifically need, as usual, is a guy who is big, plays physical, and makes the front of our net unwelcome territory. Stuart or Jackman would be fine, I don't think Foote would add much, and I'm admittedly totally unfamiliar with Brian Campbell. Three guys who could go the other way in a trade for a defenseman would be Skrastins, Hlinka, or Liles. Liles especially might have some trade value to a team that really needs a puck-moving defenseman, and I'm not sure where Hlinka or Skratch fit in anymore. Hlinka doesn't fit on the top two lines or on the third line, and Clark and Finger are better than Skratch now. I don't think Brunette is as optional as he may seem. He's a Steve Konowalchuk lunch-pail type second line player.

Lines:

Forsberg - Sakic - Hejduk

Smyth - Stastny - Brunette

Wolski - Arnason - Svatos

McLeod - Laperriere - Guite

Extras: Hlinka, McCormick

Hannan - Liles

Finger - Leopold

Sauer - Cumiskey

Skrastins

Extra: Clark (hurt)

Theodore

Bedaj

I had to do an hour of driving but I was listening and knew Jets was about to wet himself. Totally agree with Maca.:P

I'm not going anywhere tomorrow.:D

I had to do an hour of driving but I was listening and knew Jets was about to wet himself. Totally agree with Maca.:P

I'm not going anywhere tomorrow.:D

I read that TSN will be playing the coverage on the net - so I'll be watching from class... :P.

I read that TSN will be playing the coverage on the net - so I'll be watching from class... :P.

Nyce. You already know my situation and there's just no way I can go tomorrow. I'd die on the spot from anticipation. It's only one class anyways.:P

You got Rock Band yet?

Nyce. You already know my situation and there's just no way I can go tomorrow. I'd die on the spot from anticipation. It's only one class anyways.:P

You got Rock Band yet?

No time to get it today with too much homework. I might get it tomorrow, but it's looking more like Wednesday seeing as I finish at 12pm that day and would have a lot of time to set it up and mess around with it.

Now to keep topic - TSN has made a bigger story out of what Hossa was saying today.

Read it here...

Still some great players out there. Hossa, Jokinen and Richards. Guys like Prospal, Campbell etc out there just waiting to be aquired....so exciting. Probably not for me though but still exciting nonetheless.

The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Columbus' offer for Brad Richards is Gilbert Brule, Dan Fritsche, and Ole Tollefsen. As much of a sentimental favorite Fritsche is, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat if I'm Scott Howson. Fritsche brings a lot of heart and I love the guy, but I don't think he's gonna succeed in Columbus, he's even been a healthy scratch lately. Tollefsen brings physical play, but he is only an average defender. Brule has shown few signs of being a top draft pick, but the potential and skill is there. Frankly, I think I'd laugh at this offer if I'm Feaster, unless my scouts are extremely sold on Brule being able to put it all together.

The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Columbus' offer for Brad Richards is Gilbert Brule, Dan Fritsche, and Ole Tollefsen. As much of a sentimental favourite Fritsche is, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat if I'm Scott Howson. Fritsche brings a lot of heart and I love the guy, but I don't think he's gonna succeed in Columbus, he's even been a healthy scratch lately. Tollefsen brings physical play, but he is only an average defender. Brule has shown few signs of being a top draft pick, but the potential and skill is there. Frankly, I think I'd laugh at this offer if I'm Feaster, unless my scouts are extremely sold on Brule being able to put it all together.

Sadly, this is where I think he ends up. :(

nah Forsberg isn't the big story. I don't think he'll have that much of an impact anyway and that's me being impartial here.

Tanguay isn't going anywhere...

Sudin wants the leafs to secretly disingrate like the liberal party of canada...

The biggest news tomorrow is the budget being announced and the fact that you'll see the biggest surplus ever completely disappear and you all will go "what the hell happened".

Edited by Pierre the Great