The Official 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Captain_Stealth

The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Columbus' offer for Brad Richards is Gilbert Brule, Dan Fritsche, and Ole Tollefsen. As much of a sentimental favourite Fritsche is, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat if I'm Scott Howson. Fritsche brings a lot of heart and I love the guy, but I don't think he's gonna succeed in Columbus, he's even been a healthy scratch lately. Tollefsen brings physical play, but he is only an average defender. Brule has shown few signs of being a top draft pick, but the potential and skill is there. Frankly, I think I'd laugh at this offer if I'm Feaster, unless my scouts are extremely sold on Brule being able to put it all together.
I can see Columbus getting Brad Richards. It makes sense. Good times just around the corner for your Jackets. Next year IMO there's a new Sheriff in the west ;) Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

The Detroit Red Wings have signed right wing Darren McCarty to a one-year contract and assigned him to Grand Rapids on a 14-day conditioning loan.

''Darren has earned this opportunity,'' said Red Wings General Manager Ken Holland. ''He's made great strides in the past several months and we wanted to give him the chance to continue in hopes he can contribute to the Red Wings once again.''

McCarty Signs

The New York Islanders and forward Trent Hunter have agreed to a five-year extension worth $10 million.

The 27-year-old right winger has eight goals and 32 points this season with the Islanders and 20 goals and 35 points last in 2006-07

Hunter Signs

The Colorado Avalanche have won the 'Peter Forsberg sweepstakes', signing the centre to a one-year deal to return to the team for the rest of the season.

"We're proud to announce to our fans that Peter Forsberg has decided to come back and play with our franchise where he's enjoyed so much success early in his career," said Avalanche Executive Vice President and General Manager Francois Giguere in a statement. "His addition should complement our roster and will bring our team to an even higher competitive level."

Forsberg signs

Edited by Habsfan84

this is not a trade

Doesn't matter. It's still already been talked about in that thread. It also counts as part of the events at this year's deadline.

That was the point of that thread but if you want individual topics created on everything that happens, fine.

The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Columbus' offer for Brad Richards is Gilbert Brule, Dan Fritsche, and Ole Tollefsen. As much of a sentimental favourite Fritsche is, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat if I'm Scott Howson. Fritsche brings a lot of heart and I love the guy, but I don't think he's gonna succeed in Columbus, he's even been a healthy scratch lately. Tollefsen brings physical play, but he is only an average defender. Brule has shown few signs of being a top draft pick, but the potential and skill is there. Frankly, I think I'd laugh at this offer if I'm Feaster, unless my scouts are extremely sold on Brule being able to put it all together.

If that is Columbus's offer, then Scott Howson is already doing that deal in a heartbeat.

nah Forsberg isn't the big story. I don't think he'll have that much of an impact anyway and that's me being impartial here.

Tanguay isn't going anywhere...

Sudin wants the leafs to secretly disingrate like the liberal party of canada...

The biggest news tomorrow is the budget being announced and the fact that you'll see the biggest surplus ever completely disappear and you all will go "what the hell happened".

While Pierre is eager to the budget, the rest of Canada is waiting for the trade deadline. It's not even a coincidence it's on the same day.

The fact you don't think Forsberg will have an impact on the Avs just shows your knowledge of the game. At the least, this move gives a spark of rejuvenation to what has been a lifeless team while giving our weak powerplay another weapon. It's like what The Fan was saying, this is win/win for the Avs no matter how you look at it.

not true, its just the build up to the deadline was geared toward what Sundin would do. It's just anti-climatic.

No it wasn't. This deadline has been more about Hossa then Sundin, Mats has played second fiddle to him in all the rumors out there. Marian Hossa is still the biggest catch to be had.

not true, its just the build up to the deadline was geared toward what Sundin would do. It's just anti-climatic.

Pierre, please stop trying to ruin the deadline.

A) It isn't working

B) It won't work

C) It will never work

Barret Jackman signs 4 year extension

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230576&hubname=

:(

Maca and me laugh at you from LIVE! :lol:

You have Foppa. You can have Blake.;)

I read that TSN will be playing the coverage on the net - so I'll be watching from class... :P.

Will that be available to those of us in the States?

My official prediction:

The avalanche are quiet trade-wise tomorrow. Nothing more than maybe 1 or 2 tiny deals like Scott Parker and Michael Wall last year.

The Habs land Hossa.

So I'm watching Raw on The Score right now and across the bottom read

"Sources tell The Score that the Dallas Stars are front runners for Brad Richards"

Maca and me laugh at you from LIVE! :lol:

You have Foppa. You can have Blake.;)

I don't want Blake. :(

So I'm watching Raw on The Score right now and across the bottom read

"Sources tell The Score that the Dallas Stars are front runners for Brad Richards"

I don't want Blake. :(

I know but I don't want Dallas getting Richards either.:( No good news for Stealthy this year it looks.:(