Game Thread | Habs vs. Thrashers | 26/02/08

Cataclaw

one thing for the locals - I always thought Montréal had the best pizza, now I see PizzaPizza (Toronto) :puke: , and "Boston Pizza" :huh: both advertising on Habs games

WTF???

I don't get it either, my only explanation is that those two companies have a lot of money to blow on advertising and are trying to expand into Quebec. I have tried both of them in Ontario and they are godaweful pizza. Foca Lio on Phillips Square is #1 Pizza in Montreal. Double pizza is way better for delivery than those two lame Ontario chains. I have never seen either one of them in downtown Montreal, maybe they have branches in the suburbs.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not talking about pierre et Yvon. i'm talking about alain Crête, Jaques Demers and Benny brunet.

They can'T all be wrong. Why can'T you just admit that the habs were playing like shit in the first 2 periods. It was obvious. they came out in the third with a bang. Good for us, but it doesn'T change the fact that it took them 40 minutes to get started!

Check that user name...Habsfan?!?! :blink: 5-1?!?!?! The sky is falling?!?! Gimme a break!

Good game by the boys, we had a few lulls but came out with a real response in the third. The Plex line was dominant, I'm surprised they didn't pot a few goals, A. Kosty especially was flying. Good to see Higgins get on the scoreboard, he was playing like he meant it, although the goals were the result of other people's good work. He did his best impression of Markov when he set him up, it was great.

You could tell Grabovski really wanted to get some points, but it didn't work out. He was still decent, and actually looked threatening with his speed at times. I was very happy for lil Teets when he scored, the announcers were commenting on how he hadn't taken a shot in 7 periods, and I think he has a great shot, very precise.

A game that we needed to win, and we did it. But after all, it was the Hossa-less Thrashers we beat here, Buffalo on Friday will be a much bigger test.

I don't get it either, my only explanation is that those two companies have a lot of money to blow on advertising and are trying to expand into Quebec. I have tried both of them in Ontario and they are godaweful pizza. Foca Lio on Phillips Square is #1 Pizza in Montreal. Double pizza is way better for delivery than those two lame Ontario chains. I have never seen either one of them in downtown Montreal, maybe they have branches in the suburbs.

Pizza Pizza is popular in Toronto, but it is not one of the best pizzas in T.O.

I have been to Double Double (I think it is Double Double) on Maisoneuve and it is way better than Pizza Pizza

Good game by the boys, we had a few lulls but came out with a real response in the third. The Plex line was dominant, I'm surprised they didn't pot a few goals, A. Kosty especially was flying. Good to see Higgins get on the scoreboard, he was playing like he meant it, although the goals were the result of other people's good work. He did his best impression of Markov when he set him up, it was great.

You could tell Grabovski really wanted to get some points, but it didn't work out. He was still decent, and actually looked threatening with his speed at times. I was very happy for lil Teets when he scored, the announcers were commenting on how he hadn't taken a shot in 7 periods, and I think he has a great shot, very precise.

A game that we needed to win, and we did it. But after all, it was the Hossa-less Thrashers we beat here, Buffalo on Friday will be a much bigger test.

You mean the Campbell-less Sabres?

I have been to Double Double (I think it is Double Double) on Maisoneuve and it is way better than Pizza Pizza

Maisonneuve and what?

Never had pizza pizza in Toronto, only Sudbury and Timmons, Ont. I doubt it changes much though. I'm sure Toronto can do better, it's just embarrassing this company and its terrible pizza is able to afford to advertise on Canadiens games. Says a lot about most peoples' taste.

Edited by Dirty Harry

It was fun watching them beat up on the Thrashers...but...we'll really know what this team is made of in about two weeks: two games against Jersey and the west coast road trip will be very telling. Here's hoping that Koivu line and Ryder continue to produce, and Plekanec finds his touch again for the duration...Habs will need everyone firing on all cylinders for those games.

Double pizza is meh, nothing special. Really greasy. The big delivery chains in Quebec pretty much all suck to varying degrees. Montreal has great pizza, but at smaller places.

Maisonneuve and what?

Close to Concordia, I think it is between Guy and Crescent. Might not be Double Double.

Awesome Mexican slice

Double pizza is meh, nothing special. Really greasy. The big delivery chains in Quebec pretty much all suck to varying degrees. Montreal has great pizza, but at smaller places.

Best Pizza I have had was in NYC

Close to Concordia, I think it is between Guy and Crescent. Might not be Double Double.

Awesome Mexican slice

That's double pizza, probably, just west of Guy. The Mexican slice is the best they have, but it's nothing special compared to what you could have gotten. You should have walked to Guy, gone up the street a bit to Al-Taib and ordered the chicken pizza, it makes me drool just thinking of it.

I always thought PizzaPizza had all the taste of ketchup on cardboard, so i was puzzled that they would come to Montreal, here's to their failure!

I'll try Foca Lio next time I'm in Mtl, for me the good old traditional colon-impacting pizza works best. Always liked Angela Bella 1662 boulevard de Maisonneuve, was happy to see they are still there, had a great double mushroom pizza there last summer. Wow now I'm getting hungry, and the pizza here in Tokyo is, well, "different" hehehe.

img_01.jpg

Note the corn. :puke:

Huet, Price said, was "unbelievable ... he was like an older brother to me."

"He's a first-class guy," Price added, "and just a great teammate. I couldn't say a bad thing about that man."

Nice to hear, unfortunately the economics couldn't allow Huet to back him up.

That's double pizza, probably, just west of Guy. The Mexican slice is the best they have, but it's nothing special compared to what you could have gotten. You should have walked to Guy, gone up the street a bit to Al-Taib and ordered the chicken pizza, it makes me drool just thinking of it.

I think you are right. It is usually on a drunken stumble back to the Clarion from Crescent Street. Next time I will check out Al-Taib

Edited by Wamsley01

I thought PizzaPizza had all the taste of ketchup on cardboard, so i was puzzled that they would come to Montreal, here's to their failure!

I'll try Foca Lio next time I'm in Mtl, for me the good old traditional colon-impacting pizza works best. Always liked Angela Bella 1662 boulevard de Maisonneuve, was happy to see they are still there, had a great double mushroom pizza there last summer. Wow now I'm getting hungry, and the pizza here in Tokyo is, well, "different" hehehe.

img_01.jpg

Foca Lio is I think the only place in downtown still with a wood burning oven (those damn barbarians in city hall have made them illegal, only grandfathered ones survived). They are very generous with the cheese too, so your colon will get its work out.

Bardeco Pizza, hands down the best.

Al Taib? (really overrated by drunks)

Dude, forget the other kinds of pizza, get the chicken pizza. Drunk or sober, it's anything but over-rated.

Huet, Price said, was "unbelievable ... he was like an older brother to me."

"He's a first-class guy," Price added, "and just a great teammate. I couldn't say a bad thing about that man."

Nice to hear, unfortunately the economics couldn't allow Huet to back him up.

Huet was always a great guy, it seems like his teammates really loved him.

I think you are right. It is usually on a drunken stumble back to the Clarion from Crescent Street. Next time I will check out Al-Taib

Ah, if you're starting on Crescent street, go one block East to de la Montagne. Just below St. Catherines there's Dany's pizza, it's freakin delicious. Try the spinach pizza, I know that doesn't sound very appetizing, I'm not the biggest fan of spinach myself, but it's great.

But you can't go wrong with the chicken pizza at Al-Taib.

I always thought PizzaPizza had all the taste of ketchup on cardboard, so i was puzzled that they would come to Montreal, here's to their failure!

img_01.jpg

Haha... Pizza with corn?! Looks like they've got a pizza crossed with a pâté chinois! :P

Awesome Mexican slice

Best Pizza I have had was in NYC

NYC, Hands down. My bro and I did a drunken stumble down a back alley in Manhatten and found the best pizza ever and for the life of me I can't remember the name. Place Tevere in Dorval *used to be really good about 5 years ago *, but not any more. Zorro's in Waikiki was awesome, but they've been gone for a while. If you want really crappy pizza, go just about anywhere in Toronto.

Haha... Pizza with corn?! Looks like they've got a pizza crossed with a pâté chinois! :P

hehehe, yeah but not as tasty as either pizza or pâté chinois (which by the way I made last night and my gf loved it!)

:hlogo: :clap:

Well, our definitions of playing like shit are different. you donT' agree, fine.

Ya, nobody agrees...you must have watched the bizzaro Habs tonight.

Pizza Pizza is what you get at the concession stands at The Bell Centre :o