Habs Playoff Race: Chances/Odds

MMPL

This is a thread that gives you a look at where the habs may end up with the following records. The many numbers in the colums represent the percentage/odds of the position they will end up in. For example if the habs finish 10-0-0 then they will have a 98% chance of finishing 1st || Or, If the Habs finish 7-3-0 then they have a 59% chance of finishing 2nd and a 3% chance of finishing 5th ect, ect. So enjoy, and this will be updated after most habs games.

Playoff3.jpg

Updated: Mon. March 17th

Edited by MMPL

This is a thread that gives you a look at where the habs may end up with the following records. The many numbers in the colums represent the percentage/odds of the position they will end up in. For example if the habs finish 10-0-0 then they will have a 98% chance of finishing 1st || Or, If the Habs finish 7-3-0 then they have a 59% chance of finishing 2nd and a 3% chance of finishing 5th ect, ect. So enjoy, and this will be updated after most habs games.

Playoff.jpg

Yer not a bookie are you?

So in other words, if we want to win the division, we'll have to play above .500. If not, we probably wind up 5th.

So in other words, if we want to win the division, we'll have to play above .500. If not, we probably wind up 5th.

According to that, we need 11 points in 9 games to get a two-thirds chance to win the division. With 10 points it's a coin flip.

Of course, I don't think this takes into account the added importance of our head-to-head games against Ottawa.

According to that, we need 11 points in 9 games to get a two-thirds chance to win the division. With 10 points it's a coin flip.

Of course, I don't think this takes into account the added importance of our head-to-head games against Ottawa.

The main problem with these stats is that they assume everyone has a 50% chance to win wach game.

I don't think its valid to assume that Ottawa, NJ and Pittsburg (or the Habs) are only 50% likely to win any one of their remaining

games.

These stats do however take into account the two head-to-head games we have left against Ottawa.

Edited by Peter Puck

Cool stats. So our best oddsa re for finishing 2nd, right? (1/3) I could handle that.

Correct and with the ottawa loss tonight it will be higher. And if we win tuesday it will be probably 38/100 odds.

It just matters if we win or lose so hope for the best! :lol:

:ghg:

I do like that only 1 more point puts us at an above 50% chance of making the playoffs. :clap:

And one more win and we got an 84% chance :clap: