Must read article on Kovalev

les_glorieux

A New Man

ROY MacGREGOR

March 22, 2008 at 12:09 AM EDT

MONTREAL — He has no idea what others see in him.

Mark Messier, who played with the teenage Kovalev in New York, says he is a true "thoroughbred." Wayne Gretzky, who watched the now 35-year-old Russian when Kovalev's Montreal Canadiens met Gretzky's Phoenix Coyotes, says the veteran forward's play this season is at a level that deserves consideration for the Hart Memorial Trophy as the NHL's most valuable player.

"I don't know," Alexei Kovalev says.

Full article: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...Story/TPSports/

Edited by KoZed

"You just start laughing on the ice," Plekanec said. "You can't help yourself. We were playing Boston and he goes through half the team, drops his glove, leans over and picks it up — and then stickhandles through two more guys."

Thats the best line.

I just read this in the Globe and Mail, good article.

"You just start laughing on the ice," Plekanec said. "You can't help yourself. We were playing Boston and he goes through half the team, drops his glove, leans over and picks it up — and then stickhandles through two more guys."

Thats the best line.

Agreed.

Anybody hear Bob mackenzie bash his 2 amazing goals that he scored on Boston Thursday night? Somebody told me that Mackenzie said and I quote "those are two of the prettiest ugliest goals you will ever see"

He probably said 'prettiest ugly goals', not 'prettiest ugliest goals' which makes no sense.

He has a point. Kovalev's moves were great, but Thomas should have stopped both of those shots easily, thus making them ugly goals. It's like Brian Campbell's goal on Price, it was a nice spin move but the shot was weak and should have been stopped.