Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Boston Bruins | 04/15/08

KoZed

God Brisebois is useless....COMPLETELY useless. I would much rather have Streit in his spot and Ryder in the lineup. Why is Ryder always the goat??

Gorges nearly cost us at the end there.

Seriously, that was a Breeze-by-esque brain fart.

Is it possible to just double shift Markov, Komisarek, Hamrlik and O'Byrne? I mean, sure, we're screwed come overtime, but I don't see us making it that far if we let Patrice and Curious Gorges play too much.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna need a better effort in the 2nd and 3rd, but the 1st wasn't THAT bad. Too many turnovers and lost puck-battles for my liking.

I thought we were finding our rhythm in transitioning from defence to offence, but penalties and the PP, of all things, sent us off the rails. The Habs look very confused on the PP. Over and over, you see moments of hesitation, where the D aren't sure whether to pinch, where the forwards aren't quite sure whose puck it is, etc.. I don't know what's going on with that - how do you fall so far out of sync in three games??

The Bruins are also winning more battles than they're losing in the corners.

Bottom line, the Habs have been surprised by the way the Bruins raised their intensity in Games 2 & 3 and have yet to respond. They look like a team that's waiting for its leaders to step up...but nobody's quite sure how to make it happen. This is what the pessimists suggested: Habs' young guns are inexperienced and thrown off by the shift from 'regular season' to playoffs. Streit has been the biggest victim - he is absolute garbage out there. A. Kostitsin also looks puzzled. Sergei seems to get it, but that's the thing - some players 'get it,' some are struggling, and the result is a loss of team cohesion.

Underlying it all is Julien's supreme coaching effort.

Fortunately our goalie is an absolute beast, and will keep us in the mix.

Let's also remember that this is a road game, and a road win - defined by riding out hot flashes from the home team, strong netminding, and opportunistic scoring - is a W no matter how ya slice it.

at least you have given some thought to this. this is going to be a tough game because boston has a good defensive team but if we can get our skates going this will turn our way very quickly. Les Habs can be very explosive.

I think it's just a matter of time before Boston makes a blunder and the Habs capitalize. This game is all about patience and execution. Sooner or later the B's will make turnovers.

I agree about Ryder, he should be IN the lineup. I know he is struggling, but once he gets hot

he could light it up.

Our problem is we're playing Boston's game, not our own.

CBC cant stop drooling over Lucic/Savard... now that's annoying! :P

Seriously, this is pitiful.

I guess the fact that we have "Canadi_n" in our team name means nothing to them.

And the fact that they have no idea what the hell they're talking about (or who they're talking about) on the Habs with replays in the intermission is telling. "So this is Plekanec ... wait, no it's Kovalev ... that was Plekanec back there ... I think ... can we rewind this? ... no? ... okay, we'll press on..."

Underlying it all is Julien's supreme coaching effort.

Doesnt take a genius to implement the Bruins' anti-hockey style. Teams have been doing it league-wide for 2 decades already.

Just have to fight thought it, wait for openings and be opportunistic.

I agree about Ryder, he should be IN the lineup. I know he is struggling, but once he gets hot

he could light it up.

Ryder never gets hot. He's useless unless he gets lucky and one of his shot ends up in the goal.

he could light it up.

Our problem is we're playing Boston's game, not our own.

I think he misses Saku.

Boy, I can't wait until he gets back. I have this hope that it'll be all rainbows and sunshine and unicorns when he returns.

I just hope he doesn't come back too early, or gets reinjured...

Seriously, this is pitiful.

I guess the fact that we have "Canadi_n" in our team name means nothing to them.

And the fact that they have no idea what the hell they're talking about (or who they're talking about) on the Habs with replays in the intermission is telling. "So this is Plekanec ... wait, no it's Kovalev ... that was Plekanec back there ... I think ... can we rewind this? ... no? ... okay, we'll press on..."

Look! I can draw on the screen!

pathetic..

Edited by sakiqc

We're getting the chances, but I wish they'd just shoot low and on net. Thomas gives up fat, fat rebounds, and you're not going to get that constantly shooting high glove side.

Poor Higgins, he can't hit the net because he's used to playing wing, not C.

Holy whining batman

Are we losing this game 4-0 and I didn't notice?

The Bruins are not going to go away. Get used to it. They are going to compete until the Habs drive a stake

through their hearts. That is what the playoffs are all about.

This reminds me of the 70s matchups. The Habs with the speed and offensive talent and the Bruins

putting on their hardhats and working their ass off.

Guess what, the 70s Habs had some epic battles because the Bruins would not quit, even though the Habs had the better team.

If the Habs want to ascend to the level of all the whining expectations they are going to have to grind this sucker out.

1 goal by the Habs will change the Bruins gameplan

Edited by Wamsley01

Holy whining batman

Are we losing this game 4-0 and I didn't notice?

The Bruins are not going to go away. Get used to it. They are going to compete until the Habs drive a stake

through their hearts. That is what the playoffs are all about.

This reminds me of the 70s matchups. The Habs with the speed and offensive talent and the Bruins

putting on their hardhats and working their ass off.

Guess what, the 70s Habs had some epic battles because the Bruins would not quit, even though the Habs had the better team.

If the Habs want to ascend to the level of all the whining expectations they are going to have to grind this sucker out.

1 goal by the Habs will change the Bruins gameplan

I think many are entitled to express their disappointment in where we are right now. Everyone would just rather be in the driver's seat. A cup contender doesnt need this in the 1st round.

Doesnt mean we dont believe we're going to win..

I'm also complaining because the score is 0-0....We are playing the Bruin's game, for the 3rd of 4 now.