Live from Wrigley: Red Wings vs. Blackhaws

Good move

Once the new stadium for the Gophers is built, do a game with the Minnesota Wild at Minnesota.

Wait a few years, BC Place will have a new open air roof.

Habs vs. Leafs at Sky Dome?

Blues vs. Blackhawks/Red Wings at Busch?

Flyers vs. Pens at either Phili or Pittsburgh would be interesting.

Montreal vs. Boston outside

NYR vs. Boston Giants Stadium

Calgary vs. Edmonton

Ottawa vs. Mon/TO in Ottawa.

NHL would love to do an outdoor game at Montreal I bet, but there's no real big venue. :(

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3476329

a crazy thing would be the Olympic Stadium in front of 50 000 people !!! but now find a way to put an ice ring in there...

Would also be cool to put some games in football and baseball domes. They'd be able to get similar sized crowds, there would still be novelty involved, and they don't have to worry about the weather affecting the outcome of the game.

This proves that Detroit only signed Conklin so that he can play a third straight outdoor game.

:clap:

This proves that Detroit only signed Conklin so that he can play a third straight outdoor game.

No doubt though. What are the odds? It cant be a coincidence.

I knew they were doing another out door game but I thought next years would have been in Yankee stadium. Will they still be able to do it in Yankee stadium? I thought I had heard that this would have been the only year they could do it. i.e. original Yankee stadium wont exist after next year. Thats why hey would have allowed it because it is to be demolished anyway and it would have been done after the baseball season.

I definitely agree it should be done at Wrigley, but I would definitely much rather it be done in Yankee stadium, then at Wrigley than just Wrigley. It'd be a shame if it cant happen at original Yankee stadium. They would never allow it in the brand new stadium.

No doubt though. What are the odds? It cant be a coincidence.

I knew they were doing another out door game but I thought next years would have been in Yankee stadium. Will they still be able to do it in Yankee stadium? I thought I had heard that this would have been the only year they could do it. i.e. original Yankee stadium wont exist after next year. Thats why hey would have allowed it because it is to be demolished anyway and it would have been done after the baseball season.

I definitely agree it should be done at Wrigley, but I would definitely much rather it be done in Yankee stadium, then at Wrigley than just Wrigley. It'd be a shame if it cant happen at original Yankee stadium. They would never allow it in the brand new stadium.

I guess they want baseball to be the last professional league to have played there. It's an impressive legacy, and I can't say that I'm surprised they went that way. It should be known for baseball... nothing else.

There's no history of hockey at Yankee Stadium and they're pricklers for 'history' at a place I don't think is that great as a venue.

And Hank is insane anyway, so when the new place is finished, doubt they'd let them do it as well.

Edited by Pierre the Great

I guess they want baseball to be the last professional league to have played there. It's an impressive legacy, and I can't say that I'm surprised they went that way. It should be known for baseball... nothing else.

It's got a huge history that goes beyond just baseball. It was the home of the football Giants for 20 years, numerous famous NCAA football games, then boxing, Joe Lewis haunts that place just as much as Ruth.

It's got a huge history that goes beyond just baseball. It was the home of the football Giants for 20 years, numerous famous NCAA football games, then boxing, Joe Lewis haunts that place just as much as Ruth.

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to sports other than hockey. Thanks for the correction. :D