Glad the Habs didn't take Stefan Legein yet?... he retires at age 19 !

Habitforming

Yeah it's for real.

Columbus has no luck at all.

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2008/08/shocker_1.shtml

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=246953&amp...=headlines_main

So many people were calling on the Habs to take him too.

Edited by Habitforming

Wow retired at 19! Still, I can respect it, if he has decided he wants to take his life in a different direction. We had a very popular MMA fighter here, Genki Sudo, who was coming into his prime at 28 and had won eight of his last ten bouts, then shocked the sports scene by announcing that he didn't want to fight anymore, wanted to do other things, and so was retiring. After all, you only live once so more power to those guys. Too bad for the Jackets Legin didn't hake his mind up a few months earlier, but even old pros (coughsundincough) have a hard time making timely decisions.

Say it aint so !! I hope it's only rumours and legein will report the Jackets training camp.I liked his grit and energy !!

So many people were calling on the Habs to take him too.

Ditto Luc Bourdon.

His parents have denied the story so far, but we never know. I hope for his sake that he has a truly good reason, personally I would have played at least a couple seasons to make so money... otherwise that's a lot of sacrifices (for his parents as well) for nothing...

the perfect example of a young guy pushed too hard by his parents to accomplish something he didn't really want to do.

This is way too late in life for him to have not loved the game. What your talking about usually happens when they are like 12-13.

This future of major money appeals to everyone, even if he only played for a few short years.

This is way too late in life for him to have not loved the game. What your talking about usually happens when they are like 12-13.

This future of major money appeals to everyone, even if he only played for a few short years.

yeah like alexander daigle who "retired" right after he signed that monster contract. He continued to pick up his paycheck till the bitter end.

IMO, he should have pulled a Alexandre Daigle, he's way too honest...

IMO, he should have pulled a Alexandre Daigle, he's way too honest...

No kidding !! I would've done the same thing !!

• 3 months later...