HWL GMs openings

alexstream

Mods, I know this is a duplicate. I just need to make some more advertising. :)

HWL is currently looking for 2 dedicated GMs to take over the reigns of Nashville and Toronto.

Calgary available (won the cup two seasons back, still a contender)

St Louis available (rebuild in progress)

Nashville is a middle of the pack team with a terrific group of young defensemen and a balanced blend of youth and experience. Can you take this team to the next level and turn it into a contender?

Toronto is much like it's real life counterpart: it's in shambles and in need of a firm, steady hand to pick up the pieces. Can you build a winner up from scratch?

If you are up to the challenge, want to prove your mettle as an NHL GM and can spend enough hours weekly to stay up-to-date, then apply to be a GM. Join in on the fun with a whole bunch of other crazy, dysfunctional, competitive and friendly GMs!

We use the original EHM, the primitive yet Best version of the sim program. Not the NHL-EHM version recent siblings.

We're looking for GMs with experience in fantasy leagues. The league is filled with bloodhound veteran GMs in the hunt for fresh new blood...

The league is absolutely the best EHM league out there, with one of the best clash of GMs ever assembled.

It's the summum of fantasy leagues, really.

http://hwl.habsworld.net/

forum is invisible to non-members but is the most active forum on HW, just to give you an idea of how dynamic that league is.

direct link to apply to be a GM is here :

http://hwl.habsworld.net/application.html

Edited by JeanLucPilon
update

Hook me up, I have more then enough time to get eiter team out of the basement....

KjellDahlin (hey, that was my fave player... for 1 season), do you have very extensive knowledge of EHM? Nashville is a fine team well-suited for someone with beginner to intermediate knowledge of the game. But Toronto is such a bottom-of-the-barrel team it needs intensive TLC.

KjellDahlin (hey, that was my fave player... for 1 season), do you have very extensive knowledge of EHM? Nashville is a fine team well-suited for someone with beginner to intermediate knowledge of the game. But Toronto is such a bottom-of-the-barrel team it needs intensive TLC.

Kuh-JELL DahhhhhLEEEEEEEEN! I used to love that guy. Heh heh.

Ahem. Moving on. :P

Kuh-JELL DahhhhhLEEEEEEEEN! I used to love that guy. Heh heh.

Ahem. Moving on. :P

Yeah, the player with the best hearing the Habs ever had. He could hear an opponent skate behind him from 30 feet (and get rid of the puck in advance)

BTW Colin, how about taking the Leafs? You're an experienced GM, you could get that franchise out of the dumps!

Yeah, the player with the best hearing the Habs ever had. He could hear an opponent skate behind him from 30 feet (and get rid of the puck in advance)

BTW Colin, how about taking the Leafs? You're an experienced GM, you could get that franchise out of the dumps!

I like Saskhab would be all over it as well. But it is not Mac compatible

It's a nice offer, thanks, but I'm not sure I can commit to that right now - though it's more tempting with Hannes back. If only Tony was around too. I'd be one of those GM's who isn't around regularly, unfortunately.

It's a nice offer, thanks, but I'm not sure I can commit to that right now - though it's more tempting with Hannes back. If only Tony was around too. I'd be one of those GM's who isn't around regularly, unfortunately.

I'm still here!... sort of. You gotta come back.

Take St.Louis, another rebuilding job. You wouldn't be expected to be overly active anyway.

This is for Colin, Kjell Dahlin or any other GM that is interested:

St-Louis is now available. That team is kinda like the Phoenix Coyotes in real life: very very young team, haven't been successful in a while, but have piled up a good bunch of good young players. Unless the GM royally screws it up, this franchise can only go up. But pull a Milbury and that team's back in the crapper for ages.

Out of curiosity, what makes the original EHM much better than the new NHL versions? I downloaded it a few years ago, but never really played, probably because I was a little pissed that no only someone had already developed what I was planing to (I even had my entire marketing strategy all figured out), but they had just signed a distribution agreement with a major software company (which lead to the current commercial versions).

I'm thinking of picking it up, should I get the original freeware version? Is it really better, or is it just great because it's free? Can you still get good, acurate rosters, including prospects?

I'm thinking of picking it up, should I get the original freeware version? Is it really better, or is it just great because it's free?

It's free. The newer ones are much better but we only use this one because it's free. Thats not to say the freeware version sucks, it's very good as well. I'm pretty sure the commercial ones are a lot more in-depth though.

Can you still get good, acurate rosters, including prospects?

For the free one? For sure, people out there are updating rosters and prospects for the game all the time. Just spend a little time at www.fhockey.com and you can find everything you need.

The newer version had its moments, but I found it pretty confusing. I only played the freeware version of it (sampler), so I never got to a draft. My players didn't seem to be improving, so I have no idea what I was doing wrong. It was completely different from the original.

So how long until I find out if I got the job.......?

Which team would you want? Calgary or St-Louis?

Either way, just because you're username is Kjell Dahlin I'd take you as an understudy (we have a new mentorship program).

Our Commish (Seb) will ultimately decide.

The newest version KILLS it. It is amazing, can include about 18 leagues from Midget AAA in Québec to Kazhakstan. This is sick. But i've never played that much because i entered HWL...

Hey Folks,

Anyone who applied on or before monday got an email. I'm just waiting on the response of a couple of guys. Tomorrow, 5 pm EST is my unofficial deadline (that's when I get back from work) and that will have given everyone three whole days to respond. I'll make my decision then. I like what I've seen.

Take care!

Well after reviewing both rosters I'd have to go with the Flames. Seems to me the former Blues GM might have been a Sens fan which doesn't really sit well with me.

No offense to Trizz (Old Calgary GM) but St.Louis is the team to get here folks. Massive NHL ready youth movement and on the rise bigtime