Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

actually I agree with mmpl it's got boston all f'd up. Lucic is turtleing standing up and they all are a little off their game. just great

Exactly. Everybody knows Boston told Lucic not to fight Laraque, so having Georges shadow him is taking him out of the game.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I like this game-watching on the PC thing. I can actually come here and post. Fun. This is going to be three games in a row - and I taped it and the pre-game, which means I'm going to watch this twice. Four games in three. I'm batting 1.333 in the last three games!

Exactly. Everybody knows Boston told Lucic not to fight Laraque, so having Georges shadow him is taking him out of the game.

If it's that easy, then why not have George shadow Crosby, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Alfredsson, etc?

If it's that easy, then why not have George shadow Crosby, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Alfredsson, etc?

Because those guys don't want to fight Laraque in the first place. Lucic wants to go and not being able to is messing with his concentration.

Hey, I like this game-watching on the PC thing. I can actually come here and post. Fun. This is going to be three games in a row - and I taped it and the pre-game, which means I'm going to watch this twice. Four games in three. I'm batting 1.333 in the last three games!

because George can't keep up with them... this works against agitators as they can't agitate because they are scared of eating George's fist.

because George can't keep up with them... this works against agitators as they can't agitate because they are scared of eating George's fist.

exactly It only works with an asssswhhole like lucic

Put yourself in his linemates shoes. They must spend half the game cursing him under their breath.

Yeah, when he is playing well he puts it on the tape, makes you look good, but when he is off, he makes his whole line look stupid...

This will prove slightly unpopular, I think, but based on what I've seen lately, Kovalev needs to take a seat on the bench. Sometimes it's just necessary to bench even the best players - I remember when Yzerman was benched once - and Kovy needs a reminder. He's not pushing hard enough, he's being overly greedy (I don't mind a little, but this is overkill) and his mistakes are costly. I'd also like to see him off the PP for a few attempts. Not because we'd be better, but because he needs to get hungry again.

Yeah, when he is playing well he puts it on the tape, makes you look good, but when he is off, he makes his whole line look stupid...

I can only imagine what must be going on in Plex's head sometimes.

Ok, Marky's got the puck. Gotta get open. Ok, tape to tape pass, ok, gotta rush it. Oh, 2 guys coming, gotta pass. Where's Kovy? Ok he's got it... he's entering right so I'll ent... wait, he's going center now, no, he's going backwards... I'm open! I'm open! Ok he's coming back, he'll try to enter on the left now... no, center... Ok, screw it, I'll just wait on the blueline until it's in... Ok now he's in the zone, gotta go behind the net now... Hey, I'm opened! Ok he saw me. Ok got the puck, Kosty's in the slot... just covered now. Damnit got two D's on me, gotta... get... out of... grrrr. Dig Tomas, dig... Ok, i still got it, where's Kovy now? There! Right board. Just gotta shoot it around the board to him. Ok he's got it, just gotta get opened. I'm open! I'm open! Oh he's gonna shoot, gotta go for the reb... wait, he faked it and now he'll pa... no he's shooting... no... where the Hell is he going now? I'm open! Oh he saw me and... ARGH! SHIT! *sighs* Gotta backcheck now, goddamnit...

now that is scary BUT he doesn't look so bad tonight

gotem all f'd up and we go on the pp yeeehaw

and he just got burned on that B's goal. :angry:

Ok, Marky's got the puck. Gotta get open. Ok, tape to tape pass, ok, gotta rush it. Oh, 2 guys coming, gotta pass. Where's Kovy? Ok he's got it... he's entering right so I'll ent... wait, he's going centre now, no, he's going backwards... I'm open! I'm open! Ok he's coming back, he'll try to enter on the left now... no, centre... Ok, screw it, I'll just wait on the blueline until it's in... Ok now he's in the zone, gotta go behind the net now... Hey, I'm opened! Ok he saw me. Ok got the puck, Kosty's in the slot... just covered now. Damnit got two D's on me, gotta... get... out of... grrrr. Dig Tomas, dig... Ok, i still got it, where's Kovy now? There! Right board. Just gotta shoot it around the board to him. Ok he's got it, just gotta get opened. I'm open! I'm open! Oh he's gonna shoot, gotta go for the reb... wait, he faked it and now he'll pa... no he's shooting... no... where the Hell is he going now? I'm open! Oh he saw me and... ARGH! SHIT! *sighs* Gotta backcheck now, goddamnit...

:lol:

He'll make a great play-by-play guy someday.

Koivu and Tanguay have been rendered quasi-ineffective by Kovalev. Now, that in itself isn't an indictment on Kovy, rather on Carbo. Totally useless line combination, IMO. Almost anyone would be better than Kovy in that spot.

Anyone see the attacking diff between Boston and Montreal? Boston comes down with attackers fairly close together, Montreal comes down with a massive gap between the forwards. How do you complete a pass like that? This team has to learn to support one another better - and that's a consistent problem. Either they aren't playing smart, or they aren't coached very well.

Jesus, the gap between forwards and defense is large. Look at that last shift before the commercial break. Defense got the puck (Breezer) and everyone skated AWAY. He crossed to his partner, and by that time the only play was a distance bomb down the wing which Kovalev failed to handle. Tough to handle long bomb passes like that. Just not intelligent play. Someone has to check back to the puck to SUPPORT.

I can only imagine what must be going on in Plex's head sometimes.

Ok, Marky's got the puck. Gotta get open. Ok, tape to tape pass, ok, gotta rush it. Oh, 2 guys coming, gotta pass. Where's Kovy? Ok he's got it... he's entering right so I'll ent... wait, he's going centre now, no, he's going backwards... I'm open! I'm open! Ok he's coming back, he'll try to enter on the left now... no, centre... Ok, screw it, I'll just wait on the blueline until it's in... Ok now he's in the zone, gotta go behind the net now... Hey, I'm opened! Ok he saw me. Ok got the puck, Kosty's in the slot... just covered now. Damnit got two D's on me, gotta... get... out of... grrrr. Dig Tomas, dig... Ok, i still got it, where's Kovy now? There! Right board. Just gotta shoot it around the board to him. Ok he's got it, just gotta get opened. I'm open! I'm open! Oh he's gonna shoot, gotta go for the reb... wait, he faked it and now he'll pa... no he's shooting... no... where the Hell is he going now? I'm open! Oh he saw me and... ARGH! SHIT! *sighs* Gotta backcheck now, goddamnit...

and he just got burned on that B's goal. :angry:

i'm sorry I never should have said anything.