Habs vs Red Wings

JoeLassister

:hlogo: (imagine it shines and turns around) VS (imagine a Red Wings Logo shining and turning around)

Projected Lineups

Montréal : quite the same as monday

Detroit : killing lineup as usual, minus Holmstrom

Discuss....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:hlogo: (imagine it shines and turns around) VS (imagine a Red Wings Logo shining and turning around)

Projected Lineups

Montréal : quite the same as monday

Detroit : killing lineup as usual, minus Holmstrom

Discuss....

If habs win tonight i nominate joe for the half assed game threads until they lose :lol: :lol: :lol:

JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED - THE RED WINGS!

There can be no way that the Canadiens can even be thinking complacency now. For most part I think that the Habs have been complacent. Riding the wave of the Eastern championship from last year. Complacency like having fine individual seasons morph into laziness.

Not tonight! I hope win or lose that this is the wake up call. There is hopefully no way that complacency can exist anywhere in the team tonight. Surely the players must be aware that they are playing the champs. Maybe everyone simultaneously has a light bulb go off in their brain and we win! They'd better take advantage of this challenge. This challenge is either a gift or you waste it.

Just what the Doc ordered!!!

Go Habs Go :hlogo:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Time for a nice 2 and a half hour break from essay writing. Never mind that I just finished my second of three essays and still have one to go that I haven't started, this is the Habs we're talking about!

Make the ensuing all nighter worth my while boys!

Wow.. our PP and they had all the best chances.. they either skate hard with it, or move it... they don't dick around with it. Once again Kovalev allowing himself to get bottled up with all 4 PK guys on him... he has to move the puck faster and spread out the opposition. As soon as he gets it they all bee line to him since they know he will try to hold on until he coughs it up...

I know they are not playing to potential right now, but I really don't think Montreal is nearly as good as people thought they would be. I am more inclined to believe that they were over achieving last year. Detroit, Boston, Anaheim... they look like real top teams... they all move the puck, work as 5 person units, and have an answer for any strategy...

Gainey has to get a hardworking, high skill forward. Sundin comes to mind. We have far too many highly skills, but soft and fancy forwards. When it works, they look great, but any decent team can shut them down. If they are off (as they are lately), they are useless...

Minute gone in the next PP... we have done nothing... just pressure montreal and they are done...

And what is wrong with Pleks.. every time he is set up.. he waits for the goalie to get ready.. he needs those pucks to be on and off the stick...

Now we're talking! Keep it up Habs. This game might turn our fortunes. The players have an edge tonight. Are they ticked off? :clap: Is it Carbo mentioning that they should shoot more?

Keep going :hlogo:

Our 3rd line is doing it right... hard aggressive hockey.. that is the difference between these teams. The detroit top two lines can play that way. Our top lines can't. If your top lines played like our third line (but with the extra skill), we would be winning games.

Habs playing well so far (fingers crossed)

Is it a coincidence, or Habs are better without Laraque?

They seem to be more focused on hockey than anything else.

It seems that way but I wouldn't understand why :huh:

I mean really, if you were on the Habs wouldn't you rather play with BGL on your team rather than Dandy?

It seems that way but I wouldn't understand why :huh:

I mean really, if you were on the Habs wouldn't you rather play with BGL on your team rather than Dandy?

I don't know, maybe they relax too much with BGL is in the line up, thinking that he will take care of the physical aspect of the game.

Tonight, they are focused on pure hockey.

Or, it might be psychological; last season, they were skating, moving the puck, working hard, defending well, and Laraque wasn't in Montreal, so tonight they may have the impression that they have the same team as last year.

Also, to be fair, Dandenault is more versatile than BGL, and he skates faster, which is a better fit in Carbo's system

Edited by rafikz

I don't think the BGL factor has anything to do with it, it really looks like a jeykll and hide team you have no idea which team is going to show up, last year there was more fear of benchings or kids getting called up, this year with all the hype of how good the team was suppose to be, i think a lot of people stopped playing with the desire to keep thier jobs, thinking that they have them secured

i am just getting in and turned the game on, what happened to Tanguay? how bad was the hit they are saying he isn't on the bench

I don't know, maybe they relax too much with BGL is in the line up, thinking that he will take care of the physical aspect of the game.

Tonight, they are focused on pure hockey.

Or, it might be psychological; last season, they were skating, moving the puck, working hard, defending well, and Laraque wasn't in Montreal, so tonight they may have the impression that they have the same team as last year.

Also, to be fair, Dandenault is more versatile than BGL, and he skates faster, which is a better fit in Carbo's system

Or it could be coincidence...

How about this.. we put BGL in for tough teams... we suck against tough teams....

Nice... a goal from Laps.. because he just tossed it to the front of the net... that is how you do it when you are struggling. The top line should take a queue from the 4th and 3rd lines... dump.. work... get it on net... drive to the net....