Bergeron leaves game after collision with Seidenberg; status unknown

rafikz

I havent seen this hit yet but you just have to feel sorry for the guy. His career will be over if cant be concussion free for a prolonged period. If he does have another concussion I wonder if he will do another press conference? That was disturbing but awesome at the same time that he would do that to show the ill effects of hits that cause concession and how dangerous they really are. All the pro sports league try to keep it quite and tame down the risks associated with head injuries.

w0w, omg thats crazy Bergeron was the 1 attempting to hit him. :blink:

Although there probably isnt a rule I wouldnt exactly say it was a "clean hit" by any means. It was totally a cheap shot and ultimately he should have got a penalty. Why? Bergeron didnt just have the puck, he did. Isnt body contact with a player that doesnt have the puck obstruction or interference? ^_^

IMO what Seidenberg did the Bergeron is is basically the same type of dirty move that the 1 guy did to Begin a few years ago when he dropped down into the doggy position to avoid a hit and Begin ended up flying right over him smashing his teeth into where the boards meets the glass.

In hockey if you have the puck there is a risk: people can hit you!! It is a contact sport.

Players shouldnt be allowed to be chicken sh1ts and avoid taking a hit however they can when it risks injuring the guy trying to make the hit. Players need to brace themselves for the impact and not go around throwing preemptive strike hits to the would be hitters heads.

When I 1st saw Seidenbergs hit I thought he lifted his stick and elbows up over his head and smoked Bergeron with his elbow. Just because he smoked Bergeron with his shoulder doesnt mean that it should be allowed. Seidenberg definitely moved his shoulder out and around to dodge Bergerons shoulder and got his shoulder in front of Bergeron so Bergeron couldnt hit him squarely on the shoulder and then he purposely throw his shoulder up and clipped Bergeron in the head. Watch the replay at 3:37-3:58 and you can see he weaves away to avoid contact with Bergeron and then deliberately throws his shoulder into his head. I even think Bergeron was easing up on his hit attempt when Seidenberg dumped the puck.

The NHL seriously needs to start calling Clipping penalties.

I read your comment before I saw the actual play and I thought Seidenberg did something cheap. I see a guy trying to skate up the middle, trying to get the puck in deep and when Bergeron hits him it obviously knocks his balance off a bit thats why his shoulder comes up. Look at his body he is just trying to stay standing. Seidenberg is no-way should be blamed for this, although it is tragic.

Although there probably isnt a rule I wouldnt exactly say it was a "clean hit" by any means. It was totally a cheap shot and ultimately he should have got a penalty. Why? Bergeron didnt just have the puck, he did. Isnt body contact with a player that doesnt have the puck obstruction or interference? ^_^

IMO what Seidenberg did the Bergeron is is basically the same type of dirty move that the 1 guy did to Begin a few years ago when he dropped down into the doggy position to avoid a hit and Begin ended up flying right over him smashing his teeth into where the boards meets the glass.

In hockey if you have the puck there is a risk: people can hit you!! It is a contact sport.

Players shouldnt be allowed to be chicken sh1ts and avoid taking a hit however they can when it risks injuring the guy trying to make the hit. Players need to brace themselves for the impact and not go around throwing preemptive strike hits to the would be hitters heads.

When I 1st saw Seidenbergs hit I thought he lifted his stick and elbows up over his head and smoked Bergeron with his elbow. Just because he smoked Bergeron with his shoulder doesnt mean that it should be allowed. Seidenberg definitely moved his shoulder out and around to dodge Bergerons shoulder and got his shoulder in front of Bergeron so Bergeron couldnt hit him squarely on the shoulder and then he purposely throw his shoulder up and clipped Bergeron in the head. Watch the replay at 3:37-3:58 and you can see he weaves away to avoid contact with Bergeron and then deliberately throws his shoulder into his head. I even think Bergeron was easing up on his hit attempt when Seidenberg dumped the puck.

The NHL seriously needs to start calling Clipping penalties.

I'm a little confused... is this sarcasm or do you really think that Seidenberg is to blme because Bergeoron never learned to hit a player, and just skated head first into his shoulder?

Oh, its the impact which causes the effect of gravity to reverse and that is what lifts Seidenberg after the hit and its not Seidenberg lifting his shoulder up on impact to smoke Bergeron in the head. :rolleyes:

Seidenberg is only 1" taller than Bergeron so its not like its the Pronger thing when he was going around hitting everyone in the head with his elbows because Pronger "is a big guy" excuse. That just doesnt work with Pronger or with this hit either.

Watch Seidenbergs elbow and how he moves it out in front of him and its touching his rib cage and then his arms and stick goes up. There only 1 reason for this, he did it intentionally. He goes from leaning forward to standing straight up at moment of impact.

Its totally a penalty. Kovalev got 1 when he preemptive striked Tucker. Your not allowed to hit people that dont have the puck and Seidenberg makes himself big at the last second to hit Bergeron. Bergeron is the one who took the brunt of that hit. Bergeron was going to hit him and everybody knew it so he hit Bergeron 1st. Just like Tucker was planning on hitting Kovalev.

Oh, its the impact which causes the effect of gravity to reverse and that is what lifts Seidenberg after the hit and its not Seidenberg lifting his shoulder up on impact to smoke Bergeron in the head. :rolleyes:

Seidenberg is only 1" taller than Bergeron so its not like its the Pronger thing when he was going around hitting everyone in the head with his elbows because Pronger "is a big guy" excuse. That just doesnt work with Pronger or with this hit either.

Watch Seidenbergs elbow and how he moves it out in front of him and its touching his rib cage and then his arms and stick goes up. There only 1 reason for this, he did it intentionally. He goes from leaning forward to standing straight up at moment of impact.

Its totally a penalty. Kovalev got 1 when he preemptive striked Tucker. Your not allowed to hit people that dont have the puck and Seidenberg makes himself big at the last second to hit Bergeron. Bergeron is the one who took the brunt of that hit. Bergeron was going to hit him and everybody knew it so he hit Bergeron 1st. Just like Tucker was planning on hitting Kovalev.

Seidenbergs shoulder and elbows are still down at the point of contact. It's after the contact that his shoulder and elbow comes up.

So guys who drive to the net with the puck should get interference penalties for every guy they touch on the way?

Edited by goalerexpert86

That is the most screwed up logic I've ever read. Seidenberg sees Bergeron is going to hit him so he decides to hit Bergeron first? Yes, Seidenberg's elbow comes up from against his rib cage, AFTER THEY COLLIDE. This wasn't a Gordie Howe last-second elbow, it was a collision, which Bergeron initiated, but took the worst of. Yes, he goes from leaning forward – after skating up ice with the puck and making a pass – to standing straight up at the moment of impact. That's because Bergeron hit him, and Seidenberg had enough time to brace himself for the check. As you say, Seidenberg is only an inch taller than Bergeron, and since Bergeron was the one trying to make the check, he was going into Seidenberg with his weight low and moving upward into Seidenberg to take him off the puck. The fact is that Seidenberg's skates never leave the ice (his left foot does, but not his right), his elbow never makes contact with Bergeron above the neck, and his stick never touches Bergeron at all. There's no charging penalty, no elbowing penalty, no high-sticking penalty to be called. And it's not interference either because it was a continuation hit on a player with the puck and the tiny little detail that IT WAS BERGERON DELIVERING THE CHECK!!!