Who will coach the Habs?

Colin

So, apparently a certain Jacques Lemaire is contemplating leaving the Wild and, as he speaks the all important French and as he's actually a quality coach, maybe Gainey can convince him retirement is not the way to go.

The only problem with that is putting Lemaire into a system where offense seems to be first. There's a lot of players who would probably struggle under him. Fans would chafe even more, I think. I mean, we're only allowed to win if we're the firewagon hockey club, right? :P Still and all, though, makes for some interesting contemplation.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=274650

he's always said that he would never coach here again, he's been saying that since 1984.

I think we have better chances of convincing Scotty than him :P

Lots have people have said "never" before. If I'm Bob, I make a good case.

So, apparently a certain Jacques Lemaire is contemplating leaving the Wild and, as he speaks the all important French and as he's actually a quality coach, maybe Gainey can convince him retirement is not the way to go.

The only problem with that is putting Lemaire into a system where offense seems to be first. There's a lot of players who would probably struggle under him. Fans would chafe even more, I think. I mean, we're only allowed to win if we're the firewagon hockey club, right? :P Still and all, though, makes for some interesting contemplation.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=274650

it did not work out last time cause he tried to implement the shut defence first on guys like Guy Lafluer which resulted in him retiring 2 early. Lets leave Jacques out of the equation. This team is not designed to use his system and his system has not been all that successful.

With all due respect to the man, the sooner Lemaire retires out of hockey and takes his defensive system with him the better! He's bored enough people. I personally can't wait to see what Gaborik does on a more creative and offense oriented style team.

Why does Lemaire have to be head coach?

Why can't he consult like he did before? He can remain out of the spotlight and help

with his expertise to shore up defensive deficincies, similar to his role with the Habs in

the early 90s.

He stepped down, he was not fired, so maybe he still wants to be in hockey, but does not want

to coach any longer.

I really hope the Don Lever gets the chance to coach this team next year. yet I dont think that Pierre Boivin will turtle and try to hire a french coach with no credentials(sp) because he's scared shit of the montreal french media.