Plekanec files for arbitration

dlbalr

I hope Plekanec stays. He fits really in our new team. Great speed, puck control/stickhandling, shot. I'm sure he can improve a lot as well under Martin's guidance.

I'm expecting him to sign 2y near 2.3M/y

I hope Plekanec stays. He fits really in our new team. Great speed, puck control/stickhandling, shot. I'm sure he can improve a lot as well under Martin's guidance.

I'm expecting him to sign 2y near 2.3M/y

I agree, I think Pleks will grow in Martin's system. Arbiters tend to award higher than we thinking, so I'd think he'll sign between 2.2M to 2.6M. They may decide on less before the actual arbitration.

not gonna happen. True that Plex had 69 points two years ago, but he finished last season with a miserable 39 points. He'll probably get between 1.7 and 2.0 million$ on a one year deal.

Koivu is looking for a 4 year deal in Minnesota. He isn't gonna get that from Bob!

In arbitration, you can't get less than your QO (which in Pleks' case is $1.8). Considering his 69-point season was only 2 seasons ago, I expect he'll get at least $2.5 in arbitration, as there's a lot of contracts he and his agent can cite as precedent.

Plekanec is worth at least 2 and a half million dollars. No agent would have allowed him to sign for 1.8M.

If the Habs walk away from any decision on Plex, then they have $1.6M (plus however much else they were thinking they'd spend on him) open under the cap. And Saku apparently is dithering because he wants to end his career in Montreal. Pay cut to $2M?

Highly doubtful, but man, I think I'd love to see that just to see how the fans react! LOL

Would be a horrible turn of events.

Cammalleri is gonna be our 2nd line centre.

Plekanec will get traded (along with other asset(s) ) for a #2 RH dman.

Camalerri clearly said in his interview on RDS that he wanted to play on the wing. He flet more comfortable there!