Lines template, from Martin's mouth

alexstream

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/277888.html

+ his interview on CKAC this afternoon

it's easy to interpret the following template :

Lats or MaxPax - Gomez - Gionta

Kost - Plek - Cammalleri

Gionta has always played on the RW, it won't change.

Martin likes the fact that Gionta and Gomez already know each other... so they will play together.

RDS has it that Camm is gonna play on the RW.

On CKAC they said that from what they got out of the interview, since G & G are small, Martin would like to put a big forward with them. i.e. Lats or Pax.

The rest of the top 6 is a given, Kost can only be on the 2nd line, Pleks can only be on the 2nd line. The rest of the line up can only be inferred from last season, but there are doubts. e.g. with Metro and Chip in the equation, will Lapierre play at center or RW, like two seasons ago? Who will play? s. Kost or d'Ago? etc.

Wait, when Martin said he wanted a big, gritty winger to play with the G's, he wasn't saying Laraque should play on the top line like in the playoffs? :rolleyes:

err how far did we go in the playoffs ?? just asking

:lol:

Lats will be great in the top line. He's ready. I am very happy about this, because many times he has performed well only to be sent down when the top liners healed. The only problem is you break up him and Lapierre. These two guys were the heart of the habs last year. I don't know that Maxpac will be that good as a third or fourth liner.

My big question is if Subaan will make the team.

I find it hard to believe you don't play your best playmaker with your best goal scorer. But hey, that is just me.

Who is going to pass the puck on that second line?

I beleive in the interview the main reason he signed was to play with Gomez and Gionta. I am hoping this was all discussed before the signings.

All this team needs is more drama with who plays with who.

I find it hard to believe you don't play your best playmaker with your best goal scorer. But hey, that is just me.

Who is going to pass the puck on that second line?

I beleive in the interview the main reason he signed was to play with Gomez and Gionta. I am hoping this was all discussed before the signings.

All this team needs is more drama with who plays with who.

I don't think that S. Kost is a great fit on the 3rd line, I don't think that d'Agostini is a great fit on the 4th line...

Plekanec was among the big time choke last season and is actually, with Hamrlik, the only one of those remaining after the big great sweep (A. Kost only stagnated, he didn't choke).

We're still missing ONE BIG dman. neither Gill nor O'Byrne can log lots of icetime.

Hamrlik trailed the Kost bro in dirty places with him. He is paid a lot of dough and was not the "responsible" vet we'd have wanted him to be last season.

Halak is on the last year of his contract and will again only play 15-20 games.

I'm taking hints from all of that that BEFORE March, we'll see some more changes. Which change(s) is it gonna be? that's speculation.

but... let me speculate :

Plekanec could be traded, putting Camm at the center spot on the 2nd line with the K brothers (a complete versatile talented forward in Andrei and a playmaker in Sergei) Camm's energy would keep the K bros awake more than Plek's girlish play (hey, no hate, I'm using his own words). That trade would indeed open a spot on the second line for S. Kost.

d'Agost doesn't really fit anywhere in this team, unless we trade both Bros, or unless "something" happens with Pacio or Lats. He might be thrown in in a bigger deal.

Halak will not be with us in April, for sure. At worst a Huet kinda deal.

Hamrlik will be the 1st to go if we need "cap room" flexibility, otherwise he will be more usefull than he was last season.

Some are wondering why the K Bros are still there... Well, that might be a good question... they could eventually get traded if the right deal comes along. Not sure Bob is holding tight to them.

Lats will be great in the top line. He's ready. I am very happy about this, because many times he has performed well only to be sent down when the top liners healed. The only problem is you break up him and Lapierre. These two guys were the heart of the habs last year. I don't know that Maxpac will be that good as a third or fourth liner.

My big question is if Subaan will make the team.

And yet he performed better with less pressure to be offensive when playing on the 3rd line last season. Seems to me he's growing into the power forward role better with less responsibility.

And yet he performed better with less pressure to be offensive when playing on the 3rd line last season. Seems to me he's growing into the power forward role better with less responsibility.

With any luck, though, playing and developing with less pressure last season gave him the confidence to be successful in a larger role.

he's only 22 I think. Bertuzzi wasn't the shadow of Lats at the same age. actually, the first time Bert scored 25 goals, he was 25.

Lats improved his goal per game production over his first 3 seasons

16 - 18 - 20 (on a pro rate basis for 82 games) and was one of the few habs to have a POSITVE +/- last season.

I'm pretty sure this could be his first 25 goals season. Go Guillaume!

Sure, but what I am saying is that instead of pencilling him into the top lines right off the bat, why not let him try to grow into the role throughout the season?

I just don't think you should take success from the previous season as a reason to immediately push for a larger role.