[Game Thread] Atlanta Thrashers @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

problem is that D'agostini needs to clear waivers (which he wont) and I certainly don't want to lose him for nothing. To me he's an offensive winger and his value is best used on an offensive line, not as a grinder which is how he's being utilized now.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The question with these guys is this. They do dominate the opposition for substantial chunks of games and yet generally can't get more than two goals per game; so are they're just snakebitten - in which case we'll be fine as long as nobody panics - or just not very good goal-scorers? Gionta's recent string of 20-goal seasons, Gomez's assists-only track record, they don't bode too well in this respect. Only Cammalleri really has the bona-fides.

Time will tell.

The top three guys are fine. The shootout was proof of that.

But we NEED to get them some support. I haven't been able to catch the last two games - I hear Andrei's doing a bit better - but from the previous games, Plekanec has been all alone on the second line. Four top 6 scorers with none of them being point a game players is very weak. Factor in the loss of our #1 d-man and we have absolutely no scoring depth.

I prefer our chances banking on a defensive game.

Yea exactly. Spacek is solid in his own end, decent first pass. Great shot. He isn't a typical offensive defenseman. He needs to be set up for his big shot, this year like the rest of the habs he hasn't been able to score yet. He also isn't paired with Markov on the PP as he was suppose to be.

Speaking of defense, anyone noticed 3 games in a row not 40 shots allowed, not even 30 for that matter. it may look shakey at times, but it's significantly improved.

I suspect it's been a few years since you can say that.

They have played much better defensively, but have been prone to 4-5 massive breakdowns per game.

If they cut that down to maybe 1 or 2, Price and Halak will be better for it.

One more thing, the Habs have scored 7 goals in their last 5 games (three of which they only scored 1 goal) How can you expect to win when you score one goal?? I really hope our first line can starting working on all cylinders soon, cause if they can't gel together, it's gonna be a long and boring season!

This is why I giggle about the whole goalie thing. It's moot at this point. Also, notice that all but two of our games have been one goal games.