[Game Thread] Atlanta Thrashers @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlanta certainly isn't playing their best.

How happy am I that Laps stepped in for the hit on Bergy... Complete 180 from last year, and I've loving it.

what the hell is gui doing?!

what the hell is Gill doing?!

Who? Oh yeah, I saw him once. When D's are invisible we love it but when forwards are...?

Latendresse has been invisible tonight. He did have 1 good shift in the 1st. Hopefully he gets playing in the 3rd

I hope someone gets Armstrong with a clean payback hit. I'm getting tired of him.

No doubt. Colby Moore is a 1 hit pony. It might be a "clean hit" but its extremely unsportsmanlike and should be illegal. All he is doing is head hunting and he's done that exact premeditated move on a lot of people.

Think aboot it: If you are in the right corner and go behind the net you are going to come out on the left side behind the net. All Colby does is he hangs out around the hashmarks gliding in towards the left side of the net timing timing it for when the guys come out behind the net and then takes their heads off.

I could do that move every time, anybody could, but nobody should be, it could be career ending.

Maybe we should call up a D and put Gill on the 4th line. Tell him to go to the net. It might be interesting to see Laraque and Gill in fornt of any goalie. Or, maybe there's a Bell Centre conncession job available for Gill.

Gil hasn't been that bad.. yes he is slow and sometimes gets exposed, but he broke up a bunch of chances with his size and stick.. and no one mentions those.

Gil should not have to play this many minutes, but I think he will improve as the season goes on. People just have to stop freaking out if he gets beat wide once in a while. It looks bad, but it is no different that when our other D mess up and it goes in.

Mara has made far more mistakes tonight, imo.. they are just not so visible.. they are bad give aways, bad passes, etc.

Did I mention how much Dago sucks defensively?

Not much better in the neutral or offensive zone. He's scared to get hit.

I like Moen on the 2nd line... the first is too much, but the 2nd may work if he keeps playing the way he is... then keep the 4th line to fewer minutes, since they are useless anyway

Did I mention how much Dago sucks defensively?

Not much better in the neutral or offensive zone. He's scared to get hit.

I'm in complete agreement with you on this, as i have been stating the above for a long time. Much rather have SK in the lineup.

Mara has made far more mistakes tonight, imo.. they are just not so visible.. they are bad give aways, bad passes, etc.

But Mara is mobile enough to recover his own mistakes, and they're rarely "Oh-the-Humanity! Moments" like Gill.

Gill will need to have a partner that knows him well enough to know when to cover for him. 

Gil hasn't been that bad.. yes he is slow and sometimes gets exposed, but he broke up a bunch of chances with his size and stick.. and no one mentions those.

Gil should not have to play this many minutes, but I think he will improve as the season goes on. People just have to stop freaking out if he gets beat wide once in a while. It looks bad, but it is no different that when our other D mess up and it goes in.

I know, people are silly. I'm pretty sure the 25 fastest skaters in the NHL could get around the fastest backwards skating dman basically every time. People get beat, it happens. ;)

Gill defnitely isnt the fastest backwards skating dman.

Dont forget that even the best dmen in the NHL make mistakes and goals are scored when they are on the ice. Its true. ^_^

But Mara is mobile enough to recover his own mistakes, and they're rarely "Oh-the-Humanity! Moments" like Gill.

Gill will need to have a partner that knows him well enough to know when to cover for him. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is a great D, but I find he is an easy target and people over rotate on him all the time.