Some things you've got to like about our team!

REV-G

Almost always, there will be things you don't like about a team, but I want to point out a few things, some really positive improvements, that I am really beginning to like about our Canadiens. First, there are some players that I think have surpirsed us in a good way. Not in any particular order, I think Ryan Obyrne has come back and played very steady, solid and dependable hockey. Next, Carey Price. I think Price is playing as well now, and with as much confidence, as I have seen him play in the NHL. When I watch him now I feel that he's going to stop the puck, whereas a few months back, or last year, I thought he wouldn't stop it.

Recently, Mark Andre Bergeron seems to be playing with much more confidence and is putting up poiints. For me, he has made some excellent break out pases that have set us up heading into the other teams zone. Defensively, he might still get beat but he seems to work hard to try to overcome his mistakes. He has definitely helped our PP. Plekanec is playing the best I have seen him play over the last two years. Sergei K. may not be scoring goals, but he seems to be working hard and is setting people up. It may only be time before he starts scoring. Hal Gill seems pretty dependable defensively. He knows he will get outskated but he seems to read the plays well and doesn't get caught too often. What can you say about Cammalleri. He is on pace for over 40 goals. Hamrlik has been very good and Lapierre seems to come alive the last few games.

We also seem to keeping up with the pack, in spite of all the injuries we've had. We should soon be getting back Markov and Gionta. Cammallari has found linemates he can still score with and who set him up, so that likely means we can break up what was our previous first line keep Cammalleri where he is and put Gionta back with Gomez for two good lines.

All in all I'm getting more comfortable with our team and when our injured players get back, we could begin to do some damage!

Good points.

I like the fact that they've been able to come away with wins and points from a lot of games when they've been outplayed and outshot. When they get their act together, we'll have a pretty good team on our hands.

Some positive things i've seen this year...

- For starters I have to say Carey Price has been doing really well over the past 3 weeks. Let's hope he can keep it up!

- M-A Bergeron has been a godsend on the PP. He is second in the league for goals by a d-man, and he,s only played 20 games!!

- I never thought I'd say this, but Hal Gill is a monster on the PK. He is a major reason why we haven't given up any goals in our last 27 Pk's

- Plex is playing the season of his life. 31 points in 32 games is more than we could've ever expected of him. Also, he isn't afraid to get his nose dirty this year, a great improvement over the past couple of seasons.

- Max Pacioretty is progressing well. Yes, he takes lazy penalties sometimes, but he's learning. Let's remember that he's oly 20 years old. He could definitely turn into a bonafide power forward...the one we've been looking for ever since we traded Leclair.

- After a lousy season last year, Hamrlik has been incredible with the absence of Markov. HE's playing 25, 26 and even 28 minutes per game and is solid defensively.

- O'Byrne has improved his game tremendously over last year. In his case it was all between the ears. His confidence level seems to have skyrocketed, and it has shown in his game.

- Moen and Metropolit seem to have some chemistry together on the thrid line. They'll never score 30 goals, but together they do what is expected of a 3rd line.

- Lastly, how could I not mention Cammalleri. the guy is freakin' awesome! A real shooter who can score from anywhere. He is Bob's best signing of the off season..without a doubt!

I have a feeling Bergeron is going to be this years Souray/Streit for us and we will moan and be mad about us not resigning him and watch him sign elsewhere for 5M / year :D

I hope Im going to write about Pouliot here soon (Spelling? havent gotten used to his name yet :D )

Bergeron was a great move by Gainey, one of the league's top scoring defensemen at the league minimum salary? Yes please.

Also, don't forget Gionta, who would probably be right up there with Cammy if it wasn't for his injury. I can't remember remember the last time we had not one but two consistent scoring threats every night.

I think my favourite part is how the team has shown some real character this season. Lots of hustle, rarely giving up when the odds are against them. Once we finally have our full NHL roster, I'd like to think we have a solid playoff team.

Bergeron was a great move by Gainey, one of the league's top scoring defensemen at the league minimum salary? Yes please.

Also, don't forget Gionta, who would probably be right up there with Cammy if it wasn't for his injury. I can't remember remember the last time we had not one but two consistent scoring threats every night.

I think my favourite part is how the team has shown some real character this season. Lots of hustle, rarely giving up when the odds are against them. Once we finally have our full NHL roster, I'd like to think we have a solid playoff team.

Ya MAB and Metro were both HUGE pickups by Gainey when you consider their value. But let's not say nice things about Gainey. LOL