GDT: St. Louis vs Montreal

dlbalr

POULIOT! Eat your heart out Lats!

This year was suppose to be differnet though .....new coach, new players, new ownership...

It has been. There are lots of positives ot take home, even if we miss the playoffs.

Edited by ForumGhost

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh God, don't be such a drama queen. This is by FAR not the worst shape I've seen the Habs in. Last season was way worse by leaps and bounds. The thing I love about this team (with the exception of last night, and a couple other games) is that they have tons of hustle and don't give up. Guys like Cammy, Gionta and Pleks aren't the headcases we've become used to. Even if they are slumping, it's not because they aren't trying.

The problem I see with this team so far (aside from injuries, which are a big reason we are where we are) is that they make a lot of errors. But that's something that the coach has to work on over time (not 2 or 3 games). I'm talking over the course of seasons. It's to be expected that a group of new players and a new coach get together and don't automatically play up to their potential. It takes time. But that's fine. I would rather have a team that's rough around the edges than a team with no drive.

I'm with you 100% on this. Mr G has put a pretty darned good group together here and fortunes can turn pretty quickly. I am MUCH happier than last year and believe that the team has been very well managed since day one of uncle Bob's arrival. This is not to say that errors did not occur or that all gambles , like losing Souray for nothing because we needed him to have any hope, were surefire successes. Nothing in life is like that and I greatly admire the excellent team he put together for a run two years ago, and yet he still managed to have a dynamic and interesting team. Montreal wants a winner, but when you go for it, you leave youreself weaker for the next year; especially in a cap environment.

I plan to enjoy a lot of exciting hockey from this team as I have already this year, and this slump , while unsettling, is no big deal. Martin seems to do a pretty good job of putting out a team that isn't perfect but which has come from behind a lot in the third.

Go Habs GO!

Well I'm happy we came from behind to take that much needed point. It was nice to see them get better as teh game went on, even though the odds were against them. Hate to say it but Price should have had that shot. Still happy about how we responded tonight and that point may go a long way before the season is out.

Conklin robs Markov, plays goes back the other way and MacDonald beats Price upstairs.

BTW, Perron was everywhere on the ice tonight. Anyone noticed Pacioretty? Yeah, I know, let's wait 10 more years before commenting on that... :P

Take the point, move on.

There has to be a reason the team doesn't play til the last ten minutes of games. Is it a coaching thing? Are the players trying to be too defensive, but then toss the defensive book out the last ten minutes?

We could blame Price for the goal sort of weak, could blame the guys in OT who failed to score. Goaltending kept the team in the game, still scratching my head over that 4th line.

i really thought the habs were going to take it in OT, oh well, they were the better team from the second period onwards and totally dominated most of the third and OT. Lets carry it into the next game.

go Habs go :hlogo:

And Spacek hitting the net, at least in the same area-code.

YEAH! Kudos to Spacek.. gotta give him credit when it's dued. He was brutal as usual but he made a good play at the end, gave the Habs a point.

Very nice from Gomez to go to the refs and tell them that it was Cammy that scored in fact. But anyone wondered about that? And isn't it funny he tells them after the ref allows the goal? The judges looked at the play for 5 minutes and finally concluded Gomez touched the puck just under the limit. What if Cammy's stick was over the crossbar? Anyways, just thought it was a nice team spirit move, especially for a teammate going for a 40+ goals season. Kinda make the judges and the refs look bad though, but who cares;)

Take the point, move on.

There has to be a reason the team doesn't play til the last ten minutes of games. Is it a coaching thing? Are the players trying to be too defensive, but then toss the defensive book out the last ten minutes?

What I wonder is why Mara and Gill on the ice in OT. What was Martin trying, preserve the tie?! It's 4 on 4, send offensive guys out there!

Only one point, but it was a nice comeback. Even though Price was not at his best, I like the fact that he fought very hard to keep the team in the game. Too bad he got on his knees a little too quick in OT. Well, at least it was an excellent shot.

Pouliot is definitely a scorer. Two goals again. I don't miss Lats.

Um....

That St-Louis dude didn't hit Price, why was he upset? Furstration?

Jansen or however you spell it tried to avoid Price by diving in between him and the board, but in the end he collided with Price. In the heat of the moment, I could see why Price was ticked.

Edited by ForumGhost

This is so painful to watch. No forecheck, no pressure on the puck, no hits, no shots... just tons of getting rid of the puck and running around aimlessly. I wonder if any Blues player has broke a sweat in the 2nd period yet.

Penalty Habs. Of course. 1 guy works and 4 guys watch him.

Our poor defense is running around like crazy. Aimless is the key word. Spacek looks like he is going to die, there is so much sweat rolling off of his face. The talent level of our defense aside, they are in a loosing situation. No support from the forwards, they just stand there and wait for the breakout pass. Our Dmen run around and get tired and the opposition gets chance after chance after chance. Brutal to watch.

I like our top two lines (go Pouliot go!) and kudos to Moen for trying so hard.

No fault to O'Byrne but he looked completely lost. WTF JM?

Bring back Carbo.

Only one point, but it was a nice comeback. Even though Price was not at his best, I like the fact that he fought very hard to keep the team in the game. Too bad he got on his knees a little too quick in OT. Well, at least it was an excellent shot.

Pouliot is definitely a scorer. Two goals again. I don't miss Lats.

I'm not missing Lats at all, though I wish him well and hope he has the kind of career we hoped for here. This Pouliot kid can fire a puck! I'm pretty happy with uncle Bob on this one.