2010 Trade Deadline Thread

dlbalr

Good trade for Buffalo, not sure why Columbus is picking up another D. Hopefully Torres comes back to Columbus this summer.

Lots of rumblings about Jurcina being moved, perhaps Paetsch is a proactive replacement if he is dealt?

Phoenix with another trade, their 4th of the day, acquiring Stempniak from Toronto. They've picked up him, Morris, Schneider, and Wolski for a collection of mid-late picks, Mueller, and Porter. If you can call a team a big winner at this deadline, it's gotta be them.

On second thought, Washington adding Corvo (plus Walker and Belanger) means they got a lot better too.

Lots of rumblings about Jurcina being moved, perhaps Paetsch is a proactive replacement if he is dealt?

Jurcina and Roy both moved, so Paetsch makes some sense now. Why trade for Jurcina if they're just gonna trade him back a month later? Weird.

Jurcina and Roy both moved, so Paetsch makes some sense now. Why trade for Jurcina if they're just gonna trade him back a month later? Weird.

Washington needed to clear cap space and Nylander was still there at the time. Once Nylander went away (to Sweden I think), they could afford to bring him back. Jackets with another move now.

I was wondering where Sutter's deadline d-man deal was. I like it. Johnson has had minimal playing time all season, Staios is a great guy to have in the top 4. Not that he'll be in the top 4 in Calgary but he's a good guy to have.

Stephane Yelle is gonna be in an Avs uniform again. He's old and not what he used to be but....welcome home, Yeller.

I always said it that the cap system really sucks and needs to have a major restructuring. Because of the cap system we can no longer dump salary or acquire salary or move players for other players. The salary cap should be moved to $65.000.000 so there can be more movement. Players can no longer sign a do not trade contract because this gives too much power to the players rather than the game and it's fans. Now we have the players looking after their own interests and the NHL are looking after their so in other words they've all become lawyers and who suffers for it.WE DO!

I always said it that the cap system really sucks and needs to have a major restructuring. Because of the cap system we can no longer dump salary or acquire salary or move players for other players. The salary cap should be moved to $65.000.000 so there can be more movement. Players can no longer sign a do not trade contract because this gives too much power to the players rather than the game and it's fans. Now we have the players looking after their own interests and the NHL are looking after their so in other words they've all become lawyers and who suffers for it.WE DO!

Would there be though? The buying teams would spend all that extra space in the summer, the same situation would most likely arise. Not to mention the fact that the cap is tied to revenues and the floor to the cap (going to 65 would kill several floor teams). It's a cap world, not a lot can get done, and yet 28 deals have been done. Yes, I said 28; though TSN says 27, there's a Columbus-Phoenix deal they've yet to report.

Yes, I said 28; though TSN says 27, there's a Columbus-Phoenix deal they've yet to report.

Picard for Kolarik. Disappointing, as I was hoping Picard would get a last shot with the Jackets with Modin and Torres out of the picture.