Habs add a d-man

dlbalr

It probably could go in the Prospects section but I'll put it here anyways. Today, the Habs signed Cornell d-man Brendon Nash to a 2 year, entry level deal starting in 2010. No ideas on the $$ received, it'll take a bit of time to get that info. 19 points in 33 games this season.

http://twitter.com/habsworld_net/status/11326472422

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=83846 (Pretty consistent, 2 goals for 4 straight years).

Management should be a little familiar with him as he was at the rookie/orientation camp back in July, must have liked what they saw.

Looks like a solid pickup.

Any news on David Fisher?

The team will tender him an offer (if for no other reason than to ensure their compensatory 2nd rounder), though they're not sure when. At this point, Fischer may as well finish his degree rather than join the Bulldogs just to practice and sit as a healthy scratch. They have until August 15th to sign him.

Has he been that bad that he wouldn't even garner a spot in the AHL?

I don't think so, at least that's my opinion. Has he done as well as expected? Clearly not, but he still has some skills. As an aside, if they let him walk for the compensatory 2nd rounder in 2011, they'll have in essence dealt Fischer for Moore as a rental player.

He actually isn't that bad of a player. If you expect him to be an offensive puck carrying guy like Subban then you'll be disappointed.

If you expect him to be a decent bottom pairing guy, great skater, above average passer out of his zone, he plays a gritty stay at home style in the d-zone. He actually kind of reminds me of Gorges. Not gifted in the offensive zone but good everywhere else.

I don't think Moore will be a rental, i'm guessing 2 year deal offered.