2010 Hamilton Offseason Discussion

BlueKross

Yes, all the Habs' players cleared. As for waivers, the correct answer technically is...both. :) Here's how:

If waived by noon EST, Monday to Friday, it's a 24 hour waiting time with the claim being awarded (or the player clearing) the next day. If waived by noon EST Saturday or Sunday, it's a 48-hour wait. If a player is waived after noon on a certain day (say Monday at 2:30), it would be processed on the Tuesday and awarded on the Wednesday.

THANX

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sebastien Bisaillon signs a 1 year, AHL contract. Doesn't bode well for Desnoyers though.

You would wonder why they would keep them around for so long if they didn't have a plan for them. I don't think Delmas is signed yet, and we have heard rumors that that would take place. Perhaps Desnoyers has other options that are better than playing in Wheeling.

You would wonder why they would keep them around for so long if they didn't have a plan for them. I don't think Delmas is signed yet, and we have heard rumors that that would take place. Perhaps Desnoyers has other options that are better than playing in Wheeling.

There was an article in The Spec the other day basically saying that there weren't going to be any cuts yet because there didn't need to be (with their schedule starting Friday). Delmas is still expected to sign but given all the d-men Hamilton has (if you think Picard will clear waivers, there could be 10 at one point now), there doesn't seem to be a spot for Desnoyers unless it's with a different ECHL team...which certainly could be possible.

There was an article in The Spec the other day basically saying that there weren't going to be any cuts yet because there didn't need to be (with their schedule starting Friday). Delmas is still expected to sign but given all the d-men Hamilton has (if you think Picard will clear waivers, there could be 10 at one point now), there doesn't seem to be a spot for Desnoyers unless it's with a different ECHL team...which certainly could be possible.

You would think that when the AHL started up, all the teams would be required to declare their respective rosters. I don't if that is the case but, Desnoyers and Delmas are listed on the AHL official web site as part of the Hamilton roster.

You would think that when the AHL started up, all the teams would be required to declare their respective rosters. I don't if that is the case but, Desnoyers and Delmas are listed on the AHL official web site as part of the Hamilton roster.

Rosters seemed to be inputted a few days before their first game (as Hamilton is). I noticed only half the team is on there surprisingly on the transaction list, thanks for pointing that out though (now I know to keep an eye on it).

Also, as I noted in the GDT for tonight, Russell's on waivers so he's healthy again.

Edit: Chad Anderson appears to have surfaced again, he played for Alaska of the ECHL. in their preseason.

Rosters seemed to be inputted a few days before their first game (as Hamilton is). I noticed only half the team is on there surprisingly, thanks for pointing that out though (now I know to keep an eye on it).

Also, as I noted in the GDT for tonight, Russell's on waivers so he's healthy again.

When you say "only half the team is on it" I don't know what you are talking about. The only two players that I see that are missing are Russel and the other player that was supposed to be in Montreal still rehabbing, Bishop I believe. This is a complete list of who was supposedly in Hamilton. I have no idea why the rest of the league has played as many as three games, but wouldn't you think the league would get all rosters registered before the start of play in the league?

When you say "only half the team is on it" I don't know what you are talking about. The only two players that I see that are missing are Russel and the other player that was supposed to be in Montreal still rehabbing, Bishop I believe. This is a complete list of who was supposedly in Hamilton. I have no idea why the rest of the league has played as many as three games, but wouldn't you think the league would get all rosters registered before the start of play in the league?

You replied just as I edited my post to clarify what I said, perfect timing. :) On the transaction page, only half the players were "added to roster," generally they all are at once. That's what threw me off. The full roster (as it stands) is listed though. As for listing the rosters, it's really a formality I would think as players come and players go all the time through recalls/demotions and even loans. I don't mind it as is - teams register their rosters before their season starts. Otherwise, they'd have had to officially make a decision on the tryout guys over a week ago. It is odd that the other teams have all played at least once though.

http://www.thespec.com/sports/bulldogs/art...er-for-bulldogs

Quite enjoyed this article on the Bulldogs' expectations for the coming year that was posted on the main page. That is quite a lot of experience this group has playing together, and the 3rd year guys are all quality players who should be ready to assume leadership on the team. This team should definitely be a winner.

This is Thursday morning, the day before both Hamilton and Wheeling, play their first game. My expectations are that the players, most of them, that are to go to Wheeling will be sent to Wheeling to-day. Wheeling afterall is trying to put a roster together too. I have heard Hamiltonians complain about how Montreal treats Hamilton. It would be very respectful for Hamilton to give Wheeling as much lead time with it's new players as possible, instead of just jamming them up at the last moment.

This is Thursday morning, the day before both Hamilton and Wheeling, play their first game. My expectations are that the players, most of them, that are to go to Wheeling will be sent to Wheeling to-day. Wheeling afterall is trying to put a roster together too. I have heard Hamiltonians complain about how Montreal treats Hamilton. It would be very respectful for Hamilton to give Wheeling as much lead time with it's new players as possible, instead of just jamming them up at the last moment.

To be fair, Wheeling iced a full roster in their preseason so it's not like they'd have to pull a New Jersey and ice only a partial roster; they do have Pittsburgh supplying players as well. That said, I expect the same - if Russell clears waivers, it'll allow at least one forward to be sent down, plus a d-man or so with Bisaillon signing - Delmas too as he has now signed a two-way AHL contract. Desnoyers was released.

This is just a point of interest and I am not sure what thread it belongs in but the Florida Everblades have three dog want-to-bes on their initial roster- Paquet, Fischer and F. Lemieux as per ECHL rosters