2010 Hamilton Offseason Discussion

BlueKross

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. When the Amerks became the AHL affiliate of Florida, Cunneyworth was replaced behind the bench by a new coach.

Lammy- Didn't they share the franchise one year before they switched? That is my recollection. Who was coach that year.

Lammy- Didn't they share the franchise one year before they switched? That is my recollection. Who was coach that year.

Martin brought Benoit Groulx in to coach Rochester when Florida took over the affiliation. Groulx was let go this offseason actually.

There are unconfirmed reports out their that Trotter has signed with Dinamo Riga. The question I would have, assuming this is true, do we keep his rights? This could be a good thing, if this is something along the line of Benoit development plan. I had alluded to this possibility before. Hopefully this is what is going on.

There are unconfirmed reports out their that Trotter has signed with Dinamo Riga. The question I would have, assuming this is true, do we keep his rights? This could be a good thing, if this is something along the line of Benoit development plan. I had alluded to this possibility before. Hopefully this is what is going on.

As we gave him a qualifying offer, the Habs do retain his rights - similar to Benoit in the past.

Lammy's latest column looks at some the UFA d-men available to help restock the Bulldogs' blueline. Assuming Henry/Benoit aren't returning, I think Roy could be a decent option as he'd do like Darche last year and sign closer to home. Your thoughts/preferences; are there other options out there?

Farm club never seemed so weak in years on paper, unless...

Weber becomes the quaterback of this poor defense.

Carle stays healthy

Desharnais well, he is the only sure thing there.

Avtsin ?? what to expect ? The arm injury last year trailed him one year back.

Palushaj Career minor leaguer, pushed around easily i heard. Let's say he adds weight.

Maxwell and Paccioretty having breakthrought years together.

the addition of Jimmy Bonneau is also worth mentioning... having seen the amount of fights Alex Henry had to go through even when he was recuperating from a hand injury, shows me how how they want Alex to play more D then just enforcing.

the addition of Jimmy Bonneau is also worth mentioning... having seen the amount of fights Alex Henry had to go through even when he was recuperating from a hand injury, shows me how how they want Alex to play more D then just enforcing.

I don't see confirmation of Henry being signed. Secondly, you would wonder why he would be signed for two years unless he was to be the seventh defenseman in Montreal. Something is FISHY here.

I don't see confirmation of Henry being signed. Secondly, you would wonder why he would be signed for two years unless he was to be the seventh defenseman in Montreal. Something is FISHY here.

Ah haaa my friend...This is part of the Habsworld Sourcing power ;) ... See the thread in Habs moves i think I wrote there... anyways, I know he signed a two way two year contract. a E5 in Eggplant rumor chart... or better yet a CoRv5... Regarding your 2 year comment, that's a good point!... I for one have seen him play and it woundn't be a crazy idea if he is a 7th or 8th Dman just in case (with our injuries on D last season knock on wood)

Edited by CoRvInA

I've heard similar rumblings that there was mutual interest to get a deal done, so it doesn't surprise me to hear CoRvInA say one is done. The Habs have a tendency to announce more that one minor deal at the same time, so this may not be announced for a bit.

As for signing for two years, I suspect his AHL salary will get a small jump from the $200,000 he earned with the Bulldogs last season. Or maybe just having some job security counts for something nowadays; his days of having a shot at getting back to the NHL are likely done.

I've heard similar rumblings that there was mutual interest to get a deal done, so it doesn't surprise me to hear CoRvInA say one is done. The Habs have a tendency to announce more that one minor deal at the same time, so this may not be announced for a bit.

As for signing for two years, I suspect his AHL salary will get a small jump from the $200,000 he earned with the Bulldogs last season. Or maybe just having some job security counts for something nowadays; his days of having a shot at getting back to the NHL are likely done.

The article that Corvina refers to as confirmation, has Henry's name in it alright, but no statement of agreement or signing. I would love for Henry to sign for two years. However if he was to play in Hamilton he would have to clear waivers I believe, and the Canadiens could be on the hook for half his salary for two years while he was playing for someone else. You just don't see a two year signing for an American league vet.

The article that Corvina refers to as confirmation, has Henry's name in it alright, but no statement of agreement or signing. I would love for Henry to sign for two years. However if he was to play in Hamilton he would have to clear waivers I believe, and the Canadiens could be on the hook for half his salary for two years while he was playing for someone else. You just don't see a two year signing for an American league vet.

The article he refers to isn't meant to be a confirmation, it was an overview of some d-men out there, they're completely unrelated. As for clearing waivers, it's hard to imagine anyone wanting him on the NHL roster and if they did take him, oh well. It's re-entry waivers that leaves you on the hook for half the salary, not regular (demotion) waivers.

The article he refers to isn't meant to be a confirmation, it was an overview of some d-men out there, they're completely unrelated. As for clearing waivers, it's hard to imagine anyone wanting him on the NHL roster and if they did take him, oh well. It's re-entry waivers that leaves you on the hook for half the salary, not regular (demotion) waivers.

it would be a Coach that starts with B and ends in er

it would be a Coach that starts with B and ends in er

I would make a crack and put someone else's name here but I'm too lazy. Henry doesn't crack Tampa's top 7 and Ty Wishart's on the verge of cracking that team. Mathieu Roy, another d-man mentioned in Lammy's article, signed to be that Henry-type veteran D yesterday, as did ex-Dog Mike Vernace.

The contract is now official by the way.

I would make a crack and put someone else's name here but I'm too lazy. Henry doesn't crack Tampa's top 7 and Ty Wishart's on the verge of cracking that team. Mathieu Roy, another d-man mentioned in Lammy's article, signed to be that Henry-type veteran D yesterday, as did ex-Dog Mike Vernace.

The contract is now official by the way.

Henry signing also confirmed on HF Boards. I can conclude that Corvina must be close to source as he/she says. Good to know. Dlbair, if you notice both Venace and Roy signed one year contracts unlike Henry. Secondly, I believe that if you pull somebody off waivers such as Henry you are not obligated to put him on your big team. I have argued for years that you should have to put him on your big club roster, but I don't think that is the case.

Henry signing also confirmed on HF Boards. I can conclude that Corvina must be close to source as he/she says. Good to know. Dlbair, if you notice both Venace and Roy signed one year contracts unlike Henry. Secondly, I believe that if you pull somebody off waivers such as Henry you are not obligated to put him on your big team. I have argued for years that you should have to put him on your big club roster, but I don't think that is the case.

If no one else claims a player off waivers, then you have the chance to send that player to the AHL - provided you offer the player back to the team he was claimed from (right of first refusal). Otherwise, yes, a claimed player must remain on the NHL squad.

If no one else claims a player off waivers, then you have the chance to send that player to the AHL - provided you offer the player back to the team he was claimed from (right of first refusal). Otherwise, yes, a claimed player must remain on the NHL squad.

Dlbair- Didn't know that. Makes a lot more sense. I still have issues with process. How many times have we seen, in particular goalies, who were the best remaining option to be called up and were bypassed because they had to clear waivers?

The Sens also offered him a contract, but he turned it down!

The Cyclones are apparently an affiliate of Florida this year. Does that mean the habs are looking for new ECHL team?

Yes, they are. And with actually having more than just a couple players who'll likely see ECHL ice time (Mayer, Fortier, Dumont, Nash, Lacroix all could be candidates), they'll probably try and move somewhat quickly rather than trying to reach individual loan agreements.

Yes, they are. And with actually having more than just a couple players who'll likely see ECHL ice time (Mayer, Fortier, Dumont, Nash, Lacroix all could be candidates), they'll probably try and move somewhat quickly rather than trying to reach individual loan agreements.

Where there issues with Cinci last year? Seemed to me they were nice and close and you could move a player fairly quickly. Why wasn't Cinci a good fit?