Preseason GDT - Round 2: Habs/Sens

dlbalr

Ottawa's lineup:

F: Alfredsson, Butler, Cowick, Dziurzynski, Foligno, Hoffman, Michalek, Neil, O'Brien, Zack Smith, Spezza, Winchester

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson the top line

D: Campoli, Carkner, Cowen, Gonchar, Hale, Lee

G: Elliott (full 60), Lehner

Habs' lineup:

Pouliot - Plekanec - Cammalleri

Moen - Halpern - Palushaj

Pyatt - Maxwell - Lapierre

Leblanc - Fortier - Conboy

Spacek - Tinordi

Gill - Gorges

Klubertanz - Weber

Price (full 60 expected)

Delmas

Puck drop is at 7 PM, RIS and Rogers 22 (in Ottawa), Centre Ice (Bell) for TV coverage, CJAD, CKAC, and the Team 1200 (Ottawa) for radio. I'll update this as lineup info becomes available.

Looking at what's reportedly the Habs lineup, Price could be in for a rough night sadly. Halpern and Moen on a scoring line - goody. Hoping Klubertanz has a solid game in his Habs debut.

Also, some media notes if you're interested: http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/GameNotes_Sept25.pdf Habs sit 8th in the conference right now, even in the preseason we're consistent. :)

Looking at what's reportedly the Habs lineup, Price could be in for a rough night sadly. Halpern and Moen on a scoring line - goody. Hoping Klubertanz has a solid game in his Habs debut.

Also, some media notes if you're interested: http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/GameNotes_Sept25.pdf Habs sit 8th in the conference right now, even in the preseason we're consistent. :)

Yeah, i'm curious to see how Kulbertanz does as well. Brain, I know you feel he could be a dark horse for the Habs blueline and I would tend to agree. Personally, I'm also interested in seeing how Leblanc and Tinordi do their second game out and if Palushaj can keep making a name for himself.

Stats after 2:

SOG: 23-18 Montreal (Maxwell with 5)

TOI leaders - D: Weber (18:09), F: Plekanec (14:33)

Hits: 4 tied with 2 (Sens lead 19-15)

Faceoffs: Halpern 5/9 (Team 18/44, ouch)

Gill's hurt so Weber in particular is seeing a lot more icetime.

Final stats:

Shots 30-29 OTT (Maxwell, Cammalleri with 5)

PP: 1/9

PK: 4/7

TOI leaders: D: Spacek (27:38), F: Plekanec (19:31)

Hits: Spacek (4) (Habs lost that battle 27-23)

Faceoffs: Halpern 10/16 (Team 31/67)

Blocks: Gorges (5) (Habs lost this stat 19-16)

Well, another tough game for Price. Obviously, he is close to the bottom of the barrell. The good news is that, sometimes, you have to get real low to rebound. Let's hope that he won't get discouraged.

Anyhow, let's face it, this lost is the result of very bad team play, not Price's fault. O.K., the first Spezza goal was a bad one, but this kind of bad luck will happen to the best a few times per season. On the two next goals, one on one plays, he was playing a bit low (probably a lack of confidence). Finally, on the two last goals, Tinordi and Spacek made very bad plays.

Now, if you look at the whole game, we did not deserve it. You can't win regularly when you score only two goals and produce almost no offense. Some young guys had a lot of problems on the ice. Leblanc, Fortier, Tinordi, Klubertanz had their problems. Lapierre and Cammalleri were less than average. Pouliot wasn't bad though.

The only one who shined were Plex and Maxwell. The rest of the team was awful.

Anyhow, I guess that we are almost finished with the experiences. One more game with the youngsters and we should have a better idea of the team in the last three games.

JMHO

Edited by JCPetit

Listening to the postgame show...I now remember why I never listen.

"Gainey has ruined Price's career"

"Price should ask Gauthier to rip up his contract"

"Price didn't do any training all offseason" (at least the host put him in his place)

"Habs are done for this year"

I give up. :) Off goes the postgame show...

Listening to the postgame show...I now remember why I never listen.

"Gainey has ruined Price's career"

"Price should ask Gauthier to rip up his contract"

"Price didn't do any training all offseason" (at least the host put him in his place)

"Habs are done for this year"

I give up. :) Off goes the postgame show...

I am listening too on CJAD. It's ridiculous.

Edited by JCPetit

We should trade cammy he doesn't have a goal this season...trade the bum! He's on pace to finish with 0 goals!!!

The media attention pre-season games are getting is getting out of hand.

I just read a great comment on surprisingly, TSN, your call. Why do the non-goalies get a pass in pre-season, everything is goalies this, goalies that. I hope the media in Montreal is happy when Price leaves or gets traded because of all the coverage a pre-season game gets. I hope they're happy if we can never sign another free-agent, I hope they're happy when the habs franchise sinks lower in to decline. Comments I've read lately make me sick to be a habs fans, all the past glory of the franchise is being tarnished with such vile comments from so called fans, who are more worried about being right, than whats best for the team. Some fans bring up the tired argument, "it's our money we can boo if we want", if you're unhappy with the product, don't buy it! Don't purchase something then bitch about it later.

What truly bugs me is when reporters who are supposed to be impartial toss their spin on articles, last night one headline was "Price meltsdown", but from all accounts, there was one weak goal, and the others were breakaways, turnovers INTO breakaways, one timers and a penalty shot. Shouldn't the headline of read "Habs Meltdown"? Contraversy sells, I understand, but you think a reporter would have more integrity. The same reporters lashing out at bloggers for the lack of THEIR integrity, it's like the pot calling the kettle black, except everyone knows bloggers are doing this. Reporters have turned into bloggers in print media.

This board is the only sane place I've found to discuss the Canadiens and I am grateful, if I had to spend all my time at habsinsideout I would go crazy.

Edited by bar

We should trade cammy he doesn't have a goal this season...trade the bum! He's on pace to finish with 0 goals!!!

The media attention pre-season games are getting is getting out of hand.

I just read a great comment on surprisingly, TSN, your call. Why do the non-goalies get a pass in pre-season, everything is goalies this, goalies that. I hope the media in Montreal is happy when Price leaves or gets traded because of all the coverage a pre-season game gets. I hope they're happy if we can never sign another free-agent, I hope they're happy when the habs franchise sinks lower in to decline. Comments I've read lately make me sick to be a habs fans, all the past glory of the franchise is being tarnished with such vile comments from so called fans, who are more worried about being right, than whats best for the team. Some fans bring up the tired argument, "it's our money we can boo if we want", if you're unhappy with the product, don't buy it! Don't purchase something then bitch about it later.

What truly bugs me is when reporters who are supposed to be impartial toss their spin on articles, last night one headline was "Price meltsdown", but from all accounts, there was one weak goal, and the others were breakaways, turnovers INTO breakaways, one timers and a penalty shot. Shouldn't the headline of read "Habs Meltdown"? Contraversy sells, I understand, but you think a reporter would have more integrity. The same reporters lashing out at bloggers for the lack of THEIR integrity, it's like the pot calling the kettle black, except everyone knows bloggers are doing this. Reporters have turned into bloggers in print media.

This board is the only sane place I've found to discuss the Canadiens and I am grateful, if I had to spend all my time at habsinsideout I would go crazy.

You're right. This wasn't a Price meltdown, it was a team colapse. That's all.

After seeing Price play his 2nd exhibition game I believe his problem is mental sharpness. It will take time to get his mental game in shape and he will need the support of his team and lastly us the fans. It's disturbing to see the gutless bastards constantly mocking him. Hal Gill and other players expected Price not to return with the habs this season but he did and that's called courage something that the cowards will never understand. :hockey: