2010-11 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who are trully interested in our prospects, there is a MUST READ on the ECHL website - " Delmas Playing At Top-Notch Level"

http://www.theintell...detail/id/55423

At this point, I'd be surprised if the Habs don't give him an entry-level deal in the offseason. It'd only be a 2 year contract so there's really not a whole lot of risk involved and with an appalling lack of depth in goal, he'd at least be a youngster with some upside.

At this point, I'd be surprised if the Habs don't give him an entry-level deal in the offseason. It'd only be a 2 year contract so there's really not a whole lot of risk involved and with an appalling lack of depth in goal, he'd at least be a youngster with some upside.

Dlbair- This isn't an accident. If you recall they didn't even have a place for him to play when he was signed. Somebody knew and was willing to take a chance on this kid. I see him as the backup in Hamilton next year. Maybe more if they intend on keeping Mayer.

Dlbair- This isn't an accident. If you recall they didn't even have a place for him to play when he was signed. Somebody knew and was willing to take a chance on this kid. I see him as the backup in Hamilton next year. Maybe more if they intend on keeping Mayer.

Assuming the Habs do sign him, I think he'll be right where he is now to start next year. One would think a Mayer/Delmas tandem isn't particularly ideal for Hamilton so a veteran goalie will likely be added with Mayer serving as backup. Given what has transpired though, he won't be fighting for backup minutes in Wheeling which would be an upgrade on having to play in the Central league.

Assuming the Habs do sign him, I think he'll be right where he is now to start next year. One would think a Mayer/Delmas tandem isn't particularly ideal for Hamilton so a veteran goalie will likely be added with Mayer serving as backup. Given what has transpired though, he won't be fighting for backup minutes in Wheeling which would be an upgrade on having to play in the Central league.

I as well don't like Mayer/Delmas combination. I think Delmas beats Mayer out and sends Mayer to Wheeling or where ever. Your play eventually trumps contract status.

If he was signed I'd have to think he'd be given a chance to move past Mayer on the depth chart.

If he was signed I'd have to think he'd be given a chance to move past Mayer on the depth chart.

Exactly, but there are still a lot of bridges to cross. He will still have to shine the rest of the way probably to get noticed. There is always injuries that could set him back. I for one at least have him on the radar.

Urquhart sent back to Wheeling. With Stejskal available for the second half of the series, it seems a little odd that it wasn't done before. Maybe it's just to get a game or two in before the 2nd round starts, who knows.

Urquhart sent back to Wheeling. With Stejskal available for the second half of the series, it seems a little odd that it wasn't done before. Maybe it's just to get a game or two in before the 2nd round starts, who knows.

Urquhart played last night in losing cause. Delmas got pulled after giving up two quick ones. Killeen gave up four. Game seven tonight. Hope there is enough MOJO tonight for both the Habs and Wheeling.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the 3rd Round (Western Division Finals) schedule for the Bulldogs....

Game 1 – Fri., May 13 – Hamilton at MIL-HOU winner

Game 2 – Sun., May 15 – Hamilton at MIL-HOU winner

Game 3 – Tue., May 17 – MIL-HOU winner at Hamilton, 7:30

Game 4 – Wed., May 18 – MIL-HOU winner at Hamilton, 7:30

*Game 5 – Fri., May 20 – MIL-HOU winner at Hamilton, 7:30

*Game 6 – Sun., May 22 – Hamilton at MIL-HOU winner

*Game 7 – Tue., May 24 – Hamilton at MIL-HOU winner

Score now tied at 1-1.

Personally, I would prefer Houston. There are some Houston fans who I have gotten to know and have become friends of mine over the years since the Dogs lost to the Aeros in the Calder Cup Finals back in 2003. There will be some nice friendly bantering back and forth if our two teams meet up again at this time. :D

Score now tied at 1-1.

Personally, I would prefer Houston. There are some Houston fans who I have gotten to know and have become friends of mine over the years since the Dogs lost to the Aeros in the Calder Cup Finals back in 2003. There will be some nice friendly bantering back and forth if our two teams meet up again at this time. :D

Looks like you get your wish Lammy. Houston is in. Anyway Wheeling is gone. Delmas seemed to hit wall and was less than spectaclar the last week.

• 3 weeks later...

The Bulldogs have opted to take over control of their promotions/ticket sales from HECFI (about time) and are seeking to sign a long-term extension to stay in Hamilton. I'm happy and puzzled at the same time, I personally like the Habs in Hamilton but with that lousy attendance, why would Andlauer? Maybe they figure with some actual marketing more fans will come, a notion that HECFI failed to grasp. Still, this suggest the Habs will be staying with Hamilton for the long haul.

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/article/hamilton-bulldogs-hockey-club-takes-over-ticket-sales

• 3 weeks later...

Any little TIDBIT from Broussard would be appreciated. Can't wait to see who is in camp in July. THANX

I have Kishel,Pateryn,Mayer,Trunev,Johnson,Westin and Zannette as potentials for early July development camp. I think you can throw in Nygren who I think was drafted specifically with this years bulldogs in mind. I think the bulldogs will be looking for a couple of non draftees/ try outs to fill out their roster and add depth. Obviously you can add the new draftees to the list. I think Dlbair has already made the point about Nygren that I am trying to capture here.

I have Kishel,Pateryn,Mayer,Trunev,Johnson,Westin and Zannette as potentials for early July development camp. I think you can throw in Nygren who I think was drafted specifically with this years bulldogs in mind. I think the bulldogs will be looking for a couple of non draftees/ try outs to fill out their roster and add depth. Obviously you can add the new draftees to the list. I think Dlbair has already made the point about Nygren that I am trying to capture here.

Pateryn and Kishel could go depending on their class situation while Johnson will be released in August. Trunev is doubtful to ever come over at this point while Zanette appears to have simply been let go. Westin's a maybe, depends on his health situation, I know he missed most of last year. Nygren I'm hoping comes though. As the camp is usually for non-pro players, I'd even be surprised to see Mayer there. Delmas will be at this one though as he tries to earn a two-way NHL deal.

Pateryn and Kishel could go depending on their class situation while Johnson will be released in August. Trunev is doubtful to ever come over at this point while Zanette appears to have simply been let go. Westin's a maybe, depends on his health situation, I know he missed most of last year. Nygren I'm hoping comes though. As the camp is usually for non-pro players, I'd even be surprised to see Mayer there. Delmas will be at this one though as he tries to earn a two-way NHL deal.

Sorry to hear that Zanette has appeared to have been released. He was a good addition to the roster when we needed some bodies. With some further AHL seasoning, he could have continued to help the Dogs.

Sorry to hear that Zanette has appeared to have been released. He was a good addition to the roster when we needed some bodies. With some further AHL seasoning, he could have continued to help the Dogs.

The Zanette situation is odd to say the least. Did he do something wrong? Why did they get him in the first place. Why would he agree to come unless he was promised at least a look see? Is he sleeping with the coaches daughter? I just don't get it.

The Zanette situation is odd to say the least. Did he do something wrong? Why did they get him in the first place. Why would he agree to come unless he was promised at least a look see? Is he sleeping with the coaches daughter? I just don't get it.

I too am saddened to see him out of the plans. It could be that he had a previous commitment that caused him to miss the first camp (and I'm wrong about him being let go) but aside from that, I guess they didn't like what he brought. He was injury depth and a possible extra youngster to add to the system, there was no risk on Montreal's part to try him down there.

As the camp is usually for non-pro players, I'd even be surprised to see Mayer there. Delmas will be at this one though as he tries to earn a two-way NHL deal.

I on the other hand expect Mayer in July. I wonder about your preception of the camp is usually for non-pro players. My records would show that most of Bulldogs are at these development camps unless they are in their final years. Even in June there were 6 or 7 in their third camp.