2010-11 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Ugh, the list isn't coming until tomorrow, just wonderful. I don't see anything in the transaction logs so looks like the deadline went by without a move.

Lots of times there are omissions or delays on the trade log. I thought it peculiar that Boyd had sat out yesterday. I don't think he will be around next year, so he would be a tradeable.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the list is out, only White will be returning from the Habs, not happy with that at all. I expected Weber to be there, solely because when Spacek comes back, he'll drop to #8 on the depth chart, he won't be playing much. Let him at least help Hamilton at some point. Full roster: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2413

Well, the list is out, only White will be returning from the Habs, not happy with that at all. I expected Weber to be there, solely because when Spacek comes back, he'll drop to #8 on the depth chart, he won't be playing much. Let him at least help Hamilton at some point. Full roster: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2413

#8? I think Mara just played as a situational fill-in vs. Boston... size, need to keep him involved, etc. Weber's definitely ahead of him.

And if Montreal gets knocked out in the first round, Weber will go to the World Championships for Switzerland. He's clearly done with the AHL.

#8? I think Mara just played as a situational fill-in vs. Boston... size, need to keep him involved, etc. Weber's definitely ahead of him.

And if Montreal gets knocked out in the first round, Weber will go to the World Championships for Switzerland. He's clearly done with the AHL.

I think Mara will get more ice time than Weber over the rest of the year, the Sopel-Weber duo simply doesn't work, neither of them can handle playing their wrong side. Good point on the Worlds though, never thought of that.

Mathias Brunet has an update on Bennett on Cyberpresse.ca today. http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/2011/03/14/belle-progression-de-mac-bennett-a-michigan/

5 pts in his last 7 games for a total of 11 pts in 26 games. He is +13 as well.

Brunet says that the progression is there and that he now has the confidence of his coach.

Mathias Brunet has an update on Bennett on Cyberpresse.ca today. http://blogues.cyber...ett-a-michigan/

5 pts in his last 7 games for a total of 11 pts in 26 games. He is +13 as well.

Brunet says that the progression is there and that he now has the confidence of his coach.

Good to hear. He's still a ways away from turning pro though, at least 2 more years I would think. I think he'll be worth the wait in the end though.

Oh wow. When I saw 10 games I thought he must've left the penalty box/bench for a fight. 10 games for boarding must've been brutal.

I don't think it's the boarding that did him in. It falls under supplementary to the hit, so was something said? I didn't catch that play so I really don't know.

Curtis Sanford now out for the season. Sad as it is to say, it's getting pretty close to being time for:

whiteflag.gif

Glad McIntyre's in the fold, if he plays like last night, they have a shot at squeaking in still but without their MVP, it'll be hard to do much damage. Better hope 2 of Plekanec, Halpern, and Darche are ready soon which would get Dawes/Palushaj back down.

I believe Delmas got another win last night. He has played alot better than Killeen. I would say if MacIntyre struggles, he is alot better option than Mayer. It may be time to bring in free agent goalie such as Danis was.

I believe Delmas got another win last night. He has played alot better than Killeen. I would say if MacIntyre struggles, he is alot better option than Mayer. It may be time to bring in free agent goalie such as Danis was.

You know, Danis' KHL season has been over for a few weeks now.

I posted this on our Twitter page earlier but I'll note it here as well. Mathieu Carle took over the franchise lead last night for points by a defenceman, surpassing Andre Benoit. Also, (not posted on Twitter either), Hamilton's next powerplay goal will be their 1,000th in franchise history. Given the state of the powerplay, that may take until April.

Here is an outside thought. With Trotter's season in Russia ending, could he be a possible fill in for the depleted squad?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Here is an outside thought. With Trotter's season in Russia ending, could he be a possible fill in for the depleted squad?

It depends on a few things. I'm under the impression he'd have to clear entry waivers (like Grant Stevenson last year) but Dimitri Orlov in Washington didn't, however, he signed an ATO which Trotter can't. I wonder if he could sign a PTO to get around the waiver rules. However, Trotter has another year on his deal (it's an option year) so he probably can't jump ship anyways.

Even the callups are getting hurt now, Bisaillon has a ruptured spleen and is out for the year. And back to 16 skaters we go, pending any supplementary discipline on Conboy. Some potential good news, Russell and St. Denis could be ready to play Friday, while hopefully one (if not both) of Palushaj/Dawes are sent back down.

It depends on a few things. I'm under the impression he'd have to clear entry waivers (like Grant Stevenson last year) but Dimitri Orlov in Washington didn't, however, he signed an ATO which Trotter can't. I wonder if he could sign a PTO to get around the waiver rules. However, Trotter has another year on his deal (it's an option year) so he probably can't jump ship anyways.

Option years in the KHL allow you to sign back in North America if you want. But yeah, not until the transfer window.

Danis would definitely clear waivers, his situation would be like J-S Aubin with Philly last year when they actually ran out of goalies.

Even the callups are getting hurt now, Bisaillon has a ruptured spleen and is out for the year. And back to 16 skaters we go, pending any supplementary discipline on Conboy. Some potential good news, Russell and St. Denis could be ready to play Friday, while hopefully one (if not both) of Palushaj/Dawes are sent back down.

If this keeps up, the Dogs will be signing the Season Ticket Holders to PTO contracts!!! :wacko:

If this keeps up, the Dogs will be signing the Season Ticket Holders to PTO contracts!!! :wacko:

PTO's? That'd imply the STH's are professionals! :)

Also, Palushaj is back with the Bulldogs, Engqvist now up with the Habs.

Joe Stejskal officially signed today (so there won't be egg on my face for breaking the news yesterday) and has been assigned to Hamilton. Another blueliner but more importantly, another healthy body.

Andrew Conboy gets a 2-game suspension for that abuse of official penalty at the end of the last game. :wall: That leaves Hamilton with I think 9 available forwards for next game, barring either Dawes or Engqvist being sent down before then or Russell being able to return (questionable).

A summary of how bad things have been on the injury recall front for those who don't follow Hamilton much:

Recalled: Desharnais, Pacioretty, White, Weber, Dawes, Engqvist

Injured: Sanford, St. Denis, Russell, Bisaillon

Suspended: Conboy, Dumont