2010-11 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

I on the other hand expect Mayer in July. I wonder about your preception of the camp is usually for non-pro players. My records would show that most of Bulldogs are at these development camps unless they are in their final years. Even in June there were 6 or 7 in their third camp.

He wasn't at the first one though there were more Bulldogs at this one than I thought. Maybe I'm thinking about the September one, who knows? At any rate, they really don't need to evaluate Mayer; that coupled with my assumption he's back home overseas is why I think he won't be there.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't at the first one though there were more Bulldogs at this one than I thought. Maybe I'm thinking about the September one, who knows? At any rate, they really don't need to evaluate Mayer; that coupled with my assumption he's back home overseas is why I think he won't be there.

These camps need a bunch of goalies if they are working on their game at all. Same idea as in baseball camps where they might have 8/9/10 catchers just to facilate the goings on. I would say this that if Mayer is not at this camp without some legitate reason, he will not be in the Habs plans. If anybody needs direction going forward from last year it is Mayer. I know alot of time these camps are focussed on life's lessons as a hockey player, but they do try to get them focussed on what they need to work on before rookie camp or in some cases the next year, if they happen to be going back to college.

These camps need a bunch of goalies if they are working on their game at all. Same idea as in baseball camps where they might have 8/9/10 catchers just to facilate the goings on. I would say this that if Mayer is not at this camp without some legitate reason, he will not be in the Habs plans. If anybody needs direction going forward from last year it is Mayer. I know alot of time these camps are focussed on life's lessons as a hockey player, but they do try to get them focussed on what they need to work on before rookie camp or in some cases the next year, if they happen to be going back to college.

After last season, I don't think he's in their plans anyway. :) That's why they had so many invites, hoping one of them would show something potential wise.

After last season, I don't think he's in their plans anyway. :) That's why they had so many invites, hoping one of them would show something potential wise.

I think we can agree that they need to get rid of him. However I think he is under contract for another year. This guy reminds me of LaCasse a few years back.

I think we can agree that they need to get rid of him. However I think he is under contract for another year. This guy reminds me of LaCasse a few years back.

2 years actually as he had a couple of contract slides.

It can now be officially said that Zanette has been let go as he signed a 1 year deal with Rockford today.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4236144

Too bad. I wonder if they will get it sorted out who is coaching in Montreal/ Hamilton this year with the defection of Muller before the second development camp?

Too bad. I wonder if they will get it sorted out who is coaching in Montreal/ Hamilton this year with the defection of Muller before the second development camp?

Just heard the development camp roster, 11 skaters no goalies. What the H is that. Seems to me they somebody forgot all about it and are scrambling to put something together. No wonder they waited till today to announce the roster.

Just heard the development camp roster, 11 skaters no goalies. What the H is that. Seems to me they somebody forgot all about it and are scrambling to put something together. No wonder they waited till today to announce the roster.

I'm guessing they plan to go with a veteran 3rd stringer, Mayer, and Delmas. As this is only a camp for draftees and tryouts, that's why the latter 2 aren't there.

I'm guessing they plan to go with a veteran 3rd stringer, Mayer, and Delmas. As this is only a camp for draftees and tryouts, that's why the latter 2 aren't there.

I think they are on the phone calling people this afternoon. You got to give me this, it is a tad bit strange not to have a goalie at a hockey camp. I know that there will be at least 12 now and I am hearing 22.

I think they are on the phone calling people this afternoon. You got to give me this, it is a tad bit strange not to have a goalie at a hockey camp. I know that there will be at least 12 now and I am hearing 22.

Maybe with it being a slow offseason, they want to make news by announcing individual invitees? The fact there's no Bulldogs currently suggests they want to go a different route than they did with this camp last year.