GDT: November 13th, 2010 - Canes @Habs

bar

I said this last week, and Boone agrees. (I know, that's not saying much) Plekanec has quietly become the best player on the team. The sample size is still a bit small, but over the last year, he has taken over. He disapeared in the playoffs you say? Shut down role against Crosby and OV is far from disapearing. So IMO, the best player on the team is AOK. Losing Marky hurts bad, let's see what the team can do about it.

I think so too, though its hard to underestimate the marvels of Markov.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we need to get another d-man just now. Let's call up Weber(who is doing very well in Hamilton - 8 goals in 14 games)and give Picard and Weber a real chance to prove what they can do.

Tired to talk and read about Markov's injury so I'll point something out that happened yesterday.

Dunno if some of you watched the game on RDS, but Joël Bouchard (former NHL dman) is part of the game description crew along with Pierre and Benoit. He is standing between the team benches for home games and he noticed and shared something really cool yesterday.

When the Canes made it 2-2, he heard Josh Gorges, who, as per Bouchard, was surprisingly upset at the team's play, shoot to the bench "Comon' guy, it's enough, we got to wake up."

And BOOOM Habs scored 2 quick goals to put it 4-2. Talking about a guy who can stick for his teammates and be a leader of its own. I would totally give Gorges Markov's "A" during his absence.

Yeah, i watched that. i thought it was nice to see Gorges tell the boys to wake the f..k up! Give Gorges markov's "A" in his absence! He deserves it!

I don't think we need to get another d-man just now. Let's call up Weber(who is doing very well in Hamilton - 8 goals in 14 games)and give Picard and Weber a real chance to prove what they can do.

Actually, let's not call up anyone unless we need to. Let Picard run with the job, and have Weber and Carle continue to play every night in Hamilton. It's not hard to call up a guy for a game if something happens in the meantime. Unless there's a spot for Weber to play in the top 6, just leave him be.

Yeah, i watched that. i thought it was nice to see Gorges tell the boys to wake the f..k up! Give Gorges markov's "A" in his absence! He deserves it!

Actually, let's not call up anyone unless we need to. Let Picard run with the job, and have Weber and Carle continue to play every night in Hamilton. It's not hard to call up a guy for a game if something happens in the meantime. Unless there's a spot for Weber to play in the top 6, just leave him be.

I agree with both of these - Gorges has worn the 'A' before and didn't cause any grief, and unless Weber/whoever gets called up is going to play, you may as well let him play in Hamilton. Eventually an extra D will have to come up (to give one of the 6 a night off) but that doesn't have to be right away.