GDT: Flames vs Canadiens, Jan. 17

dlbalr

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, I think they use the wider ones for him!

Weak goal it seemed..off the D's stick?

Yep and another one of Pardy. Pardy almost had a hat trick tonight - too bad its been in two in his own net and the other off the post :lol:

4-0 ... Calgary looks like the bottom feeder team they are... anyone still want Joky???

We really missed out on a golden oppertunity - a chance to make a trade with the worst GM since Milbury :lol:

Yep and another one of Pardy. Pardy almost had a hat trick tonight - too bad its been in two in his own net and the other off the post :lol:

Do the fans steal his hat at for that kind of performance?

What's that ringing sound in my ears?

We really missed out on a golden oppertunity - a chance to make a trade with the worst GM since Milbury :lol:

I kinda never likes Sutter, mainly cuz he seemed like a mobster, but was he really that bad? I have no idea. Literally.

Another post for Auld - must have talked to them before the game like Roy! :lol:

I thought it was zylaphone (sp?) practice.

I kinda never likes Sutter, mainly cuz he seemed like a mobster, but was he really that bad? I have no idea. Literally.

The only three good signings or trade by him were getting lucky with Kipper who the flames originally picked up to be a backup to Turek, then his dumping of Tanguay to the habs and picking up Cammelleri. He then preceded to let Cammy walk and went after I don't like being in the playoffs Joikinin and overpaid, I've never been in the playoffs Bouwmeester.

Gave away Phaneuf to the for four players from the 2nd worst team in the league. He gave ELEVEN NTC to guys that really it didn't make sense to give NTC to. I won't even going into the contracts that Stajen and Hagman got.

Other moves are too numerous to name, but to me his biggest shortcoming was never even making a decent effort to get a center for Iginla. Also bringin in Conroy 3 times, Tangauy twice or Jokinen twice really doesn't cut it. I don't think he ever heard of the fool me once.... fool me twice saying before.

I hope JM doesn't hang AK46 for that one! :unsure:

I'm watching on Sportsnet and they are raving about Ak46. So nice to hear announcers who don't have it in for AK46 when they are critiquing him!

I think Auld needs some posts in the centre of the net :P

Check that looks like Iggy deflected that one.

Gave away Phaneuf to the for four players from the 2nd worst team in the league. He gave ELEVEN NTC to guys that really it didn't make sense to give NTC to. I won't even going into the contracts that Stajen and Hagman got.

To be fair, the Flames didn't give Hagman that deal, Toronto did. Blame Fletcher for that one. :)

Lousy end to the period (if only Pacioretty could have buried that) but the Habs are in the same spot they were heading into the 2nd, up 2 goals. A quick Montreal goal could end this early and give Martin a chance to roll 4 lines regularly which would be huge heading into tomorrow. But I'm getting ahead of myself, gotta take care of business first.

Subban's ice time was cut back in the 2nd with Spacek/Gill both returning (2 assists for Spacek in that frame by the way). Feel bad for Eller though, has a goal, nearly a second, and still is getting benched (6:15 total ice time). Heck, he even had a perfect backcheck in the first, what more does he need to do?

LOL, I thought we were in the third period (okay.. I might be distracted)... I couldn't figure out why they were talking about the second period.. :doh

Well, now I am a bit more worried. They need to come out and get that third period goal.. make it a three goal lead and this is over. If they sit back and try to defend the two goal lead, I fear we will all be rather frustrated.

Subban's ice time was cut back in the 2nd with Spacek/Gill both returning (2 assists for Spacek in that frame by the way). Feel bad for Eller though, has a goal, nearly a second, and still is getting benched (6:15 total ice time). Heck, he even had a perfect backcheck in the first, what more does he need to do?

Add 4 years to his drivers license to get the coach's confidence ^_^

To be fair, the Flames didn't give Hagman that deal, Toronto did. Blame Fletcher for that one. :)

Lousy end to the period (if only Pacioretty could have buried that) but the Habs are in the same spot they were heading into the 2nd, up 2 goals. A quick Montreal goal could end this early and give Martin a chance to roll 4 lines regularly which would be huge heading into tomorrow. But I'm getting ahead of myself, gotta take care of business first.

I thought both contracts were given by Sutter. If Hagman already had a bad contract that makes the pickup even worse! The only guy from that deal that would have been worth keeping was White and he was dumped. I just blows me away that ANYONE would want FOUR players from the 2nd worst team in hockey!

Add 4 years to his drivers license to get the coach's confidence ^_^

Maybe, who knows? I'm one of the few who seems to be able tolerate Martin easing him in like this but when he's having a strong night, throw the poor kid a bone. Here's hoping he gets more time in the 3rd.

The only three good signings or trade by him were getting lucky with Kipper who the flames originally picked up to be a backup to Turek, then his dumping of Tanguay to the habs and picking up Cammelleri. He then preceded to let Cammy walk and went after I don't like being in the playoffs Joikinin and overpaid, I've never been in the playoffs Bouwmeester.

Other moves are too numerous to name, but to me his biggest shortcoming was never even making a decent effort to get a center for Iginla. Also bringin in Conroy 3 times, Tangauy twice or Jokinen twice really doesn't cut it. I don't think he ever heard of the fool me once.... fool me twice saying before.

I kinda thought Tanguay and Cam's shaft would figger in the story. Doesn't sound too wunnerfull. Did they have budget poblems too?

Maybe, who knows? I'm one of the few who seems to be able tolerate Martin easing him in like this but when he's having a strong night, throw the poor kid a bone. Here's hoping he gets more time in the 3rd.

I'm all for easing in young players. But when you got kids that have a good attitude and seem to have their head screwed on right, you need to give them ice time based on their attitude AND performance and be willing to learn from their mistakes.

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, goaltending change in order. HOw the Fxck do you give up a four goal lead against the friggin flames.