Desharnais up long-term?

dlbalr

According to an RDS tweet on the site's TwitterBug, Desharnais has been told by the Habs to go find a place to stay and that he will not be sent down to play in the AHL All Star Game.

Interestingly enough, I was kinda hoping a few of these callups would be sent down over the break, if for no other reason but to free up a bit more cap space and stay in playing shape. Congrats to Desharnais though.

According to an RDS tweet on the site's TwitterBug, Desharnais has been told by the Habs to go find a place to stay and that he will not be sent down to play in the AHL All Star Game.

Interestingly enough, I was kinda hoping a few of these callups would be sent down over the break, if for no other reason but to free up a bit more cap space and stay in playing shape. Congrats to Desharnais though.

I just hope he will get more of a chance to play with guys that complement him better then Pyatt or Moen.

I've always pulled for Desharnais and I'm impressed with his moxy out there on most shifts. Conventional wisdom about size can go blow - I think he has at least a chance to carve out an interesting NHL career, perhaps as a 'polyvalent' player who can add some energy and some offence while being surprisingly useful on the forecheck. Congrats to the Super Smurf.

Conventional wisdom about size can go blow - I think he has at least a chance to carve out an interesting NHL career, perhaps as a 'polyvalent' player who can add some energy and some offence while being surprisingly useful on the forecheck.

Desharnais plays his heart out every time he's on the ice. It's great to see that he is finally getting a real chance.

Desharnais plays his heart out every time he's on the ice. It's great to see that he is finally getting a real chance.

+1