Ron MacLean is dumber then I thought possible

hab29RETIRED

I just read this piece of crap from Ron MacLean.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ronmaclean/2011/03/the-law-of-nations-becomes-the-rule-of-money.html

The guy is actually dumber then I gave him credit for. He seems to be even a bigger idiot then Don Cherry. Does the following make any sense to anybody here???

When I hear "Pacioretty could have ended up in a wheelchair," it makes me think we go too far teaching such fear. A wheelchair life is different, but it could be better than the one before and until we grow into a less superficial take on the gift of life we'll run aimlessly trying to interpret the forces of life, from floods and fires to crimes and accidents as though they give technical and instructive shape to the abstract.

It's never what has happened to us, it's what we do next, that matters.

How the hell does this guy have a job - oh sorry, his working for the same station that has employed Don Cherry for over 35 years and also employs wing nuts like Mike Milbury and PJ Stock.

It's going to a pretty one sided Hot stove today with Lebrun, Milbury and Maclean all pretty much supporting the non-suspension of Chara, and I don't even want to hear what the CBC's drag queen has to say.

In contrast to the pseudo-intellectual wannabe trite written by Maclean, here is a thoughtful piece by Ken Dryden that I also linked in another post:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/ken-dryden-on-hockey-violence-how-could-we-be-so-stupid/article1939428/singlepage/#articlecontent

Edited by hab29RETIRED

I just read this piece of crap from Ron MacLean.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...e-of-money.html

The guy is actually dumber then I gave him credit for. He seems to be even a bigger idiot then Don Cherry. Does the following make any sense to anybody here???

I think MacLean fancies himself poet and philosopher sometimes. As for LeBrun and his ESPN colleague Scott Burnside, I have always much appreciated their work, but I have somewhat lost some of my respect for them considering their reaction to this situation.

That is absolutely brutal. 'So they kid might have ended up in a wheelchair. People in wheelchairs live great lives!'

Of all the inanities that have been spewed in relation to this incident, this is a new low. If Ron is so full of admiration for the paraplegic way of life, he should throw himself off the roof of the CBC building so that he can enjoy that life to the fullest. Otherwise, for God's sake, SHUT UP.

That is absolutely brutal. 'So they kid might have ended up in a wheelchair. People in wheelchairs live great lives!'

Of all the inanities that have been spewed in relation to this incident, this is a new low. If Ron is so full of admiration for the paraplegic way of life, he should throw himself off the roof of the CBC building so that he can enjoy that life to the fullest. Otherwise, for God's sake, SHUT UP.

I know this is no laughing matter but this post made me laugh, although I do agree with you. Lol

Ron Maclean is actually putting it all out there in a very cryptic way.

He states that he has lost interviews because he does not agree with the old guard. He also refers to his pal, a psychologist who believes suspensions are in order when a players prime directive (read~finish all checks) becomes a liability to the health and well being of a player. His pal strongly supports disciplinary actions to prevent even more injuries.

Unfortunately, Ron goes on to misappropriate a true statement about life in a wheelchair. Sure it can be a blessing in disguise, but this in no way alleviates gronkishness.

It is a mistake I'm sure he will rectify. As I believe him to be one of the very few gentlemen left in this sport never mind society in general.

CHEERS!

Ron MacLean is the best thing that ever happened to Hockey Night in Canada since the invention of video. You're calling him dumb? I think he just got way too politically correct in order to prove a point. Cut the guy some slack. He is perpetually working beside one of the biggest chauvinist hack the industry. How the man has remained broadcasting for so long is a testament to his professionalism and true love for the sport.

Ron MacLean is the best thing that ever happened to Hockey Night in Canada since the invention of video. You're calling him dumb? I think he just got way too politically correct in order to prove a point. Cut the guy some slack. He is perpetually working beside one of the biggest chauvinist hack the industry. How the man has remained broadcasting for so long is a testament to his professionalism and true love for the sport.

Actually he's right. We are too superficial and too materialistic. It's probably not something I'd have said, but it takes a certain courage to remind people that in this passing parade of life youth, good looks, abilities and wealth all disappear.

He probably spends more time than us with wheelchair athletes and carries this senibility around with thim as well; thinking of fans he knows out there watching the drama unfold from wheelchairs, listening to the 'life is over' attitude of so many of us. He's right and good for him.

I can however understand how such a statement can jar our sensibilities as we consider such debilitating possibilities for a young star of our culture and the undeniable seriousness of the situation.

I too admire any guy who can spend so much time sitting beside a guy who makes Americans look sensitive and informed by comparison.

Well my first post here appears to have been deleted, apparently I went I went about it the wrong way. But Ron MacLean dumb? Back it up with more than your perception of one article.

As for the rest of CBC. You know what your getting from Cherry and what do you expect from Milbury. He was either Wang's puppet, or the absolute worst GM in hockey history. If you continue to watch, their commentary during intermission serves it's purpose. Ratings are all that matters.

Edited by amhabs84